⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

In response to post #34068110. #34069685, #34071610, #34072560, #34074460 are all replies on the same post.

smokemoon wrote: Half of my mods are no longer working even though they are installed and checked in NMM. All of the items I have added to the game via mod have disappeared. Thanks again Bethesda.
sleepsalot wrote: mods need updates when a new game version comes out, its not bethesda's job to make sure every single mod is compatible with new features/changes
Oddball_E8 wrote: If only we could disable updates...

But no, steam feels that it has to be a b&@*$ and force them on us.
VSairaf wrote: You literally can disable auto-updates in the game Properties menu.

Edit: Weird. Seems you cannot. I remember having the option to don't update.
DocPie wrote: Yeah they removed that.
Valve, I tell ya. They haven't been making the best decisions recently.

the only thing you could do is play in a capsuled VM or on a machine with steam client offline. take the mods via stick... then you can avoid those f... erm, nice updates... ;)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't experienced a single problem with any of the many mods I have installed since the update. I use Homemaker, Spring Cleaning, Simple Intersection, Armorsmith Extended, Darker Nights, numerous weapon and armor mods... not a single problem so far. In fact, some things seem to be working better since the update. Workshop lights that wouldn't light up before are working properly now, and I love the new settler status part of the workshop menu. I love that you can even set companions who are hanging around a settlement to perform the same sorts of functions around the settlement as regular settlers.

One thing I noticed, though, is that when I try to set a companion to farm they'll only assign to the single plant/planter I initially assign them to, and they won't automatically take charge of nearby unassigned plants/planters like farmers are supposed to. Not sure if that's just how it works with all settlers now and you have to assign them to each individual thing you want them to farm, or if it's a bug specific to assigning companions to perform settler duties.

But yeah other than that the new patch has surprisingly not caused me any problems so far, despite the large number of mods I have installed.

Edited by RicAdbur

In response to post #34068110. #34069685, #34071610, #34072560, #34074460, #34075165 are all replies on the same post.

smokemoon wrote: Half of my mods are no longer working even though they are installed and checked in NMM. All of the items I have added to the game via mod have disappeared. Thanks again Bethesda.
sleepsalot wrote: mods need updates when a new game version comes out, its not bethesda's job to make sure every single mod is compatible with new features/changes
Oddball_E8 wrote: If only we could disable updates...

But no, steam feels that it has to be a b&@*$ and force them on us.
VSairaf wrote: You literally can disable auto-updates in the game Properties menu.

Edit: Weird. Seems you cannot. I remember having the option to don't update.
DocPie wrote: Yeah they removed that.
Valve, I tell ya. They haven't been making the best decisions recently.
Dogsnuggles wrote: the only thing you could do is play in a capsuled VM or on a machine with steam client offline. take the mods via stick... then you can avoid those f... erm, nice updates... ;)

Did you try simply disabling them all and re-enabling them via NMM? I had to do that anyway since the launcher always disables my mods when I try to start up the game, but once I got in game with all my mods enabled I haven't had a single issue. Every mod seems to be working either as well or better than it was before.

In response to post #34074350.

ConnieandMike wrote: The best mod is NOT working right! Spring Cleaning! http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4640/?
It comes up but when you hit enter to ok the crap is still there. Probably due to this patch since it was working last night. After reading the patch log I am happy to see they finally fixed the stupid radio guy as well as several other things I have encountered. :) I do see where this patch will affect some mods. I suggest you just try them then remove until updated if not working.

I'm using Spring Cleaning v2.05 on the latest version of Fallout 4 and haven't noticed any problems. I cleared debris from Murkwater Construction Site just a few minutes ago.

My game is now unplayable after the automatic patch.

Every single save I have crashes to desktop, even with all mods disabled/enabled it doesn't matter.

I even refreshed my ini files.

Not to mention I have been noticing shadow striping issues where there were none previously. Reminds me of an unmodded Skyrim lighting system now. I am guessing it's all the new fancy settings they tried adding causing problems.

Very disappointed.

Edited by sydney666

In response to post #34068820. #34077130 is also a reply to the same post.

QBit71 wrote: Me too, CTD after the update. It seems, that we should wait, for the mod updates, or in the worst case, we have to start a new character. :(
MickeyMcE wrote: I uninstalled FO4 Gore overhaul mod and no more ctd's. Might be worth a try...

I removed gore overhaul already when I tryd beta, but there are other things causing problems too. I for example can load my current save but crash everytime I enter my house.

In response to post #34076705.

sydney666 wrote: My game is now unplayable after the automatic patch.

Every single save I have crashes to desktop, even with all mods disabled/enabled it doesn't matter.

I even refreshed my ini files.

Not to mention I have been noticing shadow striping issues where there were none previously. Reminds me of an unmodded Skyrim lighting system now. I am guessing it's all the new fancy settings they tried adding causing problems.

Very disappointed.

Thank you guys, it was GORE OVERHAUL causing the CTD.

In response to post #34068820. #34077130, #34077260 are all replies on the same post.

QBit71 wrote: Me too, CTD after the update. It seems, that we should wait, for the mod updates, or in the worst case, we have to start a new character. :(
MickeyMcE wrote: I uninstalled FO4 Gore overhaul mod and no more ctd's. Might be worth a try...
Username0815 wrote: I removed gore overhaul already when I tryd beta, but there are other things causing problems too. I for example can load my current save but crash everytime I enter my house.

Thanks, I uninstalled GORE Overhaul and my CTD stopped.