SUDDEN GLITCH WITH TWMP SKYRIM IMPROVED MOD

jwoltz

Suddenly, after years of playing Oblivion with TWMP mods installed, I'm having all sorts of NPCs showing up, following me around, entering into my home(s) and basically anywhere I happen to be! AND they're ALL from Skyrim Improved! Why is this happening? If this continues, I'll have no choice but to start disabling them using the command console or removing the mod altogether...something I'd rather not do as I will lose that land to the north. A big thank you to anyone who can figure this out!

I suppose you recently installed a mod that changes the vanilla AI packages, unless you have a mod that requires the esp of TWMP Skyrim and changes its specific AI packages.

What did you install recently?

Disable a bunch of mods, check if the problem remains and you should find the culprit.

Sometimes, some modders can make mistakes. One popular mod did change one general idle package, so loads of NPC went to a single spot North of IC. It took me long time to find that mod and I deleted that package with TES4EDIT but with CSE, we can mark any change to Unedited, remove all changes that is. Vanilla CS do not have that ability, so that is what you have to do if you still want to use all mods, trying to figure out which mod that changes AI packages.

In Wrye Bash, we can right click on all mods and see what they are adding or changing. It is called "Details" in the pop up menu. All AI packages is under the PACK group. What you should try to find is a package called follow or follower or following. When you find it, disable that mod and go in game to see if they stop following you. They will still use that package until they get a new package, and you can force them to get a new if you open console and click them, one in a time and type EVP.

Another way is if there is a mod that can show what package an NPC is using and give you the ID. OblivionAddicted might know which mods I am refering to as I forgot the name of it/them as I think there are 2 different ones. If you do not find it or any that can do it, I can try to make a mod that do it as as far as I recall, using that command from console, does not give any results inside the console.

• GetActorPackages will show all packages that an actor has by default but might only work well from a script. Test it and see what happens
    • Might not be helpful but if it lists one follower package, it might be the right one so if 2-5 of those NPC has a follower package in comon in that list, that is most likely the right one.
  • EVP will list the current package, so use it at a couple to see which theyy are using, and compare it with the details from Wrye Bash.
  • GetCurrentEditorPackage can be useful from a script, as it will show even packages added from scripts, like Addscriptpackage. If you use EVP at an actor that had a package added by Addscriptpackage, that will break that package and they return to the ones they have added by default.

I think it is a default package that got changed by mistake really, the more I think about it. Now you know how to find it :D If i need to make you a mod, that will provide all that info, I cannot make it until next weekend, but hopefully, such a mod will say which mod that makes your actors to act that way, if oblivionAddicted do not list a nice mod that do this already or anyone else. I cannot recall the mod name...

If a default package from the base game has ID 00abc123, it is not changed as it starts with 00.

If the package starts with ID 01 up to ID fe, it has changed, like b3abc123 and it is listed as number b3 in the modlist which you see in Wrye Bash.

-------------------

What is TWMP in the first place????

Edited by Pellape

Okay...so far, using the command console in-game, utilizing the EVP command on each individual who shows up, is working. For some, they immediately turn and walk away, I suppose, back to wherever they came from in Skyrim. For others, it's not so quick. Only after I have saved and exited and restarted do they then leave. So far, using Form ID Finder mod, ALL are from TWMP Skyrim Improved mod. Why this all started, I will never know. I have added no new mods recently so it's all very weird. At least with this method provided by Pellape, it's a simple fix...a bit of an annoyance depending on how immersed in-game I am, but simple enough. I'll keep everyone posted if anything else goes awry. THANK YOU ALL!

Thanks RomanE :wink:

jwoltz: Very good it is working really. Then conclusion we can make, is that this issue is brought to you by that specific mod. The best you can do is either make a bug report or ... I saw you already wrote in their forum. :wink: The author replied that there is no such package and you did not even write what package it is that is causing this issue. When you type evp, do you also see in the console what packages they do choose to use? The thing is, with evp, it evaluate a new package before it reports in the console what package it is using before, the one that cause this issue.

If this problem persist, I can make a simple mod. You did use Form ID, but did it also reported the current AI package in use? I just recall I am using that mod myself. :D

I did read about this mod now and he, well the author did not write if it has quests or not, does it? I do want a mod to have quests, if I am gonna use it. :wink:

Edited by Pellape