Xbox 2

Chaosmaker

What name would you prefer for the next Xbox?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What name would you prefer for the next Xbox?

• Xenon
    • Xbox 360
    • Xbox NeXt
    • Xbox 2
    • Some other name

I used to fell that way about the Xbox. Untill I played Halo. Which ended up being the soul reason I bought it and plan to buy the next generation console.

What's so great about Halo? If it was on anything but the xbox, a system with zero good FPSs, it would've been forgotten a month later. Despite what all the rabid fans say, there is nothing revolutionary or amazing about the game. And if you really like it, you can play it on PC with the infinitely better mouse + keyboard control setup.

blah, halo's a good example on how not to make a game...ninja gaiden, now THERE's a game, and lets not forget SNK's Metal Slug 3 (their also working on king of fighters 2003 and Metal Slug 4, wheee).

microsoft could always rip off valve and go...

XBox2

There is nothing great about Halo. The graphics are mediocre, the gameplay is the same as any other lack luster FPS, and the online play is bland at best. I have yet to meet the person who can tell me one thing about this game that makes it stand out in the vast sea of shooters out on the market.

Hah, Lemme guess, PS2 fan. Halo is unique in many way's my friend. One of the many unique thing's is it's Xbox live play. Which once again rocked in Halo 2. Second thing is it's action. Plenty of situation's in which you must get your Hazel-Green butt out of. Third thing is it's unique setting and storyline. Lemme guess what your saying right now What's so unique about human's fighting a losing war against aliens? Lemme ask you this, what's so unique about any other first person shooter game's story line. There is a winning side and a losing side. Odds are ur on the losing side and that you must save the world. Same thing with Halo... But it is more interesting. It's character's are unique, it has comic relief once in a while ( ya gotta luv the marines ). SoOoO... what were you saying, But wait I still ain't done. It has one of the best in game soundtrack's I have ever heard, In halo two they pushed the limit's of Xbox's Graphic Chip and so on. Just imagine how mouth drooling Halo 2.5 is gonna be. My case proved.

No, your case has not been proved. Your saying its online play is great? Are you blind? Almost every shooter out there has online play, and halo is nothing special. The storyline is boring as most FPS's are. The soundtrack is nothing great. You wanna hear a real soundtrack? Go play some Chrono Cross, youll be blown away. You failed to prove a point, this game has nothing great to add to the FPS genre. One last thing I am not a PS2 fan, I own an Xbox.

I think the number 1 reason for Halo being so popular is it's release date. It came out with the XBox and it was the first game people got to show off the XBox and it's capabilities. That is the reason why it's so popular IMHO.

Ok the reason it has great online play is because it is one of the first online fps. It came out just about right after xbox did. And the graphics are beautiful along with the sound effect's.

Ok. Enough of this. Admit it Halo and Halo 2 are ground breaking games. If you want to say otherwise go make a thread in debates and we shall settle it there. This thread is about the next gen. xbox.

Archived