running skse on Skyrim Legendary edition

soulcollector632

Hello everybody, I am new to the nexus. I am finding out some of the mods I have need to run skse (I am also might be interested in making mods possibly). The problem I am running into is I have the legendary edition of skyrim, along with the DLCs, Dragonborn,Dawn Guard, and hearthfire. I have been searching "the all knowing internets" and I am finding out that legendary edition has the latest updates included but it is version 0.0. Is there a pseudo patch that allows skse to work with the legendary edition of skyrim or perhaps allows skse to acknowledge? I downloaded it from steam. I also have SKSE installed I try to run skyrim using the loader it says I need to upgrade to version 1.9.As I stated before the legendary edition has the latest updates included but show version 0.0

• 3 months later...

I also could not get SKSE to work with my Skrim Legendary edition. Might this have something to do with buying it as a hard disc (like I did) and not directly from Steam?

Note: I installed it from a WinRAR with the NMM.

Edited by smexivan

I have two disc copies of Skyrim - the base game, and then the Legendary edition that comes with the Elder Scrolls Anthology - and never had any version (v0.0?) issues when installing SKSE on either my desktop or my wife's laptop. It sounds to me like something awful went wrong during installation. Try uninstalling it (Delete Local Files), manually delete the Steam > SteamApps > Common > Skyrim folder, and then re-install the game from the disc.

Installing SKSE with NMM isn't actually possible, btw. I mean sure, NMM will extract the archive to the data folder; but several files from SKSE go in the Skyirm parent folder, not in Data, and NMM can't put them there. You're better to install it manually from the archive or use the automated installer.

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

I also have Skyrim the legendary version (bought from a store) and skse works fine, at least version 1_06_16, but the newest one; 1_07_00 doesn't work for me, all i get is an infinite loadingscreen at the start up. As soon as i choose 'continue' or an previous saved one it starts a loadingscreen and it keeps on loading and loading and loding and......... ihave to shut it down.