The last poster wins

TheCalliton

So you know ... could just use an old TV ... notice the static changes as you put different signals across it's display.

A CRT would only serve as a display, I'd have to design and build the circuitry to make it into an oscilloscope which is not an option cause in the end it would still be beaten in every way by a crappy $18 oscilloscope off eBay. So yeah, I'll get a cheap Chinese one until I can afford a real one.

WERNE!!!

Not that I really use it all that much, but my father gifted me an oscilloscope he's had for... well, as long as I can remember. Which, consequently makes the thing at least 35 years old. Also gave me his old audio frequency oscillator which is equally as old.

Nope! Jetpack and Wi-Fi phone do not affect phones with the option of both Mobile Data and Wi-Fi phones.

Mi-Fi using Wi-Fi is most likely being shuttled out; so the 5G LTE and 4G LTE are the only packages serving the area. When the 5G LTE 50 GB package runs out the 4G LTE will be the throttled down to until the next billing cycle.

The two main tower. The Universities and one other in Utah refit for the update all should go back to normal.

I am on a Wi-Fi phone now using the tether hook up and the Nexusmods page cannot load the entire page. It's in Mobile phone settings instead of PC type headings banner and board.

Instead of our icon all I see is the gray symbol of the toilet room guy on www.nexusmods.com settings.

It is not affecting Forums dot nexusmods dot com at all. It could be it's happening as a wider area antenna's are being fit for 5G and 4G only. Any home phone Internet landlines, wired home phones, will likely become obsolete by 2025.

Starlink has yet another 60 Internet satellites above and may drive the rest of the market to buy in or get out.

Wait, so you're saying I can use my jetpack without interfering with any WiFi signals? Well, that's good to hear. I'll go for a little testflight around my village right now. Be right back. :teehee:

Local speed within the USA: my 4G LTE Jetpack hit 49.0 download and 13.2 Upload. As far away as the UK test showed 6.4 Download and 3.1 Upload. Anything further out its unable to hold the static machines service for more than a minute or two before the signal drops.

One problem is obvious. There is too few people at the corporate offices and the retails store have no control over the corporate service stations (ISP's) control of the Download and Upload speeds from the Internet Service Providers.

I tested a 5G MI-FI that has reached the end of the GB allowance and it is in the lower 3G LTE 0.6 KB DL and 1.065 MB UL So the 5G LTE has not been fully set up with 4G LTE as it's secondary speed. 5G LTE isn't actually fully implemented yet outside of a few hotspots in the city where businesses already have and are getting 5G to 4G swapping.

Edit: I just tested the PC Wi-Fi and the www dot nexusmods dot com is only showing the limited display of their Mobile phone style website. It still doesn't have the ability to display anything but the little gray guy in the avatar space. The PC Wi-Fi is not getting a strong enough signal from that web page to load advert's either. The banner for adverts is blank and staying that way.

Wow! Not even the pop up window with live adverts is loading when we are not signed in.

WERNE!!!

Not that I really use it all that much, but my father gifted me an oscilloscope he's had for... well, as long as I can remember. Which, consequently makes the thing at least 35 years old. Also gave me his old audio frequency oscillator which is equally as old.

Hey man, long time no see.

When it comes to equipment like oscilloscopes, age doesn't really matter as much as people think. Old ones may not have the latest bells and whistles like FFTs, image capture, etc. but if you just want to observe signals in a circuit, they works just as well as modern ones. Hence why they cost so much, even broken ones are around €40 or more, and that's a problem since mein Fuhrer my wife said I can't spend more than €50 on it.

That being said, a $20 Chinese one will do just fine for my needs, though I'll get a better one when I can.

Well I'm here enjoying unlimited download and upland at 100mps, Yup its nice to live in Canada. Even some cell phone services have unlimited data here.

Oh yeah, competition in the telecommunications market is awesome. Out here in Croatia, limited data plans on landline internet haven't been existing for over a decade and relatively high speed internet is pretty cheap cause phone/internet providers have been springing up everywhere. Hell, I'm paying a little less than €20/month for unlimited 60/10 and unlimited free phone calls. And the best part is, I can get my speed up to as high as my modem can take (which is 120/20, I think) just by calling customer service and paying like €10/month extra.

I can't reach over 40Mbps with my PC's crappy wifi dongle though, so anything over that is wasted on me.

On an unrelated note, I've been thinking of building myself an ebike. I got a washing machine motor to run on DC for a rotisserie so if I were to build a 120V battery with 18650s and use an ATTiny85 to drive the MOSFETs for the throttle, it would work. It would be louder than regular ebikes and I don't think it would go very fast but at least I wouldn't have to pedal.

Edited by Werne

WERNE!!!

Hey man, long time no see.

When it comes to equipment like oscilloscopes, age doesn't really matter as much as people think. Old ones may not have the latest bells and whistles like FFTs, image capture, etc. but if you just want to observe signals in a circuit, they works just as well as modern ones. Hence why they cost so much, even broken ones are around €40 or more, and that's a problem since mein Fuhrer my wife said I can't spend more than €50 on it.

That being said, a $20 Chinese one will do just fine for my needs, though I'll get a better one when I can.

Well I'm here enjoying unlimited download and upland at 100mps, Yup its nice to live in Canada. Even some cell phone services have unlimited data here.

Oh yeah, competition in the telecommunications market is awesome. Out here in Croatia, limited data plans on landline internet haven't been existing for over a decade and relatively high speed internet is pretty cheap cause phone/internet providers have been springing up everywhere. Hell, I'm paying a little less than €20/month for unlimited 60/10 and unlimited free phone calls. And the best part is, I can get my speed up to as high as my modem can take (which is 120/20, I think) just by calling customer service and paying like €10/month extra.

I can't reach over 40Mbps with my PC's crappy wifi dongle though, so anything over that is wasted on me.

On an unrelated note, I've been thinking of building myself an ebike. I got a washing machine motor to run on DC for a rotisserie so if I were to build a 120V battery with 18650s and use an ATTiny85 to drive the MOSFETs for the throttle, it would work. It would be louder than regular ebikes and I don't think it would go very fast but at least I wouldn't have to pedal.

Wow!

I've got a single scope Bell & Howell Home built Oscilloscope I got with a Bell & Howell TV & Radio Repairman home study course, and I have a duo scope one too. Dad had the duo store bought scope and used it fixing neighbors TV's to earn money on the side while the FAA was downsizing and he was just dangling there near the bottom of the list hoping to get his retirement time in before they fired him. :ohmy: :sad: He kept doing the repairs making more money than he did with the retirement check after he retired to make ends meet. :happy:

Talking about bikes reminds me of the time I built a push scooter out of Street roller skates that used a skate key to tighten clamps on a pair of shoes.

My home built scooter had 8 wheels so it traveled a lot better, farther on the sidewalk, and in the street, before you had to push again. It went faster than the store bought ones like a neighbor boy got for his birthday.

I had sized it for me when I was 3 foot 8 inches tall and it sailed. My older brother snuck up and grabbed it to take for a spin. It sailed so fast when he shoved off he had to straighten up. When he did he pulled the handlebars off and was flapping his arms like a bird to keep his balance before he went off the sidewalk and crashed into the neighbors lawn. :laugh:

Edit: Oh yeah! I forgot...

:laugh:

I

Win!

I'll be honest, I didn't know Bell & Howell made oscilloscopes, I only know of them making cameras and projectors.

And that scooter of yours reminds me of some of my adventures with homemade vehicles. Out here in Dalmatia we have a racing game called Karet where we race DIY vehicles of the same name consisting of wood we find lying around dumpsters with ball bearings as wheels. A fun game if you don't go off-road, then it suddenly becomes far less fun.

Anyway, we were racing down one of the steepest roads in the city so we'd get as much speed as possible. We start the race and about 1/3 of the way down the karet of the guy at the very front starts smoking. After he realized there's smoke coming from under his ass, he let out a girlish scream and started flapping his arms and legs like one of those inflatable tube guy things, before crashing into the sidewalk and flying into some poor guy's hedge. Luckily, he only got bruised a bit.

To this day, the sight of him screaming and waving while speeding down the road on that smoking pile of wooden junk was one of the funniest things I've seen in my life.