How To Take Screenshots

Stampede

For those who use ATi-based cards, go grab ATi Tray Tools. Lets you take screenshots even with AA 6x enabled(on the card's hardware side, rather than through the game's decision to use AA). And it fixes a problem I noticed with chameleon as well(in-game AA rendered anything with any level of chameleon completely invisible. ATT-based AA had it looking like it does without AA enabled in-game). :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a proggy called Xfire. Like FRAPS it has its own screenshot function (default keys are Scroll Lock + S) which can either be uploaded to the XFire servers (15meg capacity) or saved into the screenshots directory wherever you install the proggy. Files are saved as .png files but can easily be changed to jpeg's with MS Paint.

Oh, and XFire is free and rather handy to check up on what your mates are playing if they also have XFire installed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Allow me to note here that, while it is not against forum rules to post excessively large images straight off onto the forum (with the "insert image" button), it IS quite annoying, as the page stretches and reading the thread becomes a little more difficult due having to scroll right in order to read any long posts.

So, it is therefore preffered by myself and probably many other people that instead of inserting the huge image - just use a hyperlink instead - it takes the same amount of time to load it up anyway and we don't have to scroll right for the entire thread page. If it is a small image that doesn't stretch the forum, then it's perfectl okay, of course.

Please take this into consideration. Thankyou.

Regards,

Vaanic~One.

• 4 weeks later...
Doesn't work for me, so I use FRAPS. I have a registered version of FRAPS anyway so it instantly converts the screens to JPG ready for site uploading :D

I also use FRAPS and I think it is much more easier than rewriting your .ini. :D

Attempt at sounding a complete dolt. Does the AA have to be turned off completely or can it be a "Application Controlled", whereas Oblivion has it turned off when using HDR?

I am going to test my theory as is but I thought I'd ask the question so as to just make sure someone else isn't making the same error as I.

Well there is a way because there is two inis and the other could have been stuck anywhere but mine was put into my documents so they both have the same info and words but one works and the other doesn't. But beware it writes the screenshots in .bmp form so you'll have to use corel draw to change it. and one last thing it is extremely addicting, I took 200 mb on my computer with screenshots that average at 0.06 kb.

so you'll have to use corel draw to change it. and one last thing it is extremely addicting, I took 200 mb on my computer with screenshots that average at 0.06 kb.

Actually, you can use any basic drawing or image editing program. Such as Iceview. I think you can even change it in MS-Paint.

I agree it is addictive.