How To Take Screenshots

Stampede

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, certain screenshots are continually overwritten by newer ones. Now, I can't take any new ones at all, the last screenshot I take just gets overwritten by anything new. If anyone knows why this is happening and/or how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
Doesn't work for me, so I use FRAPS. I have a registered version of FRAPS anyway so it instantly converts the screens to JPG ready for site uploading :D

nice, where did u get registered version?

or is it crackable like everything else is

I can't find my screenshots. I looked in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion where they're supposed to be. But they aren't there. Is there anywhere else that they might be located?

Are you sure the screenshots were taken in the first place? When you pressed the Print Screen button, did a message appear at the top of the screen saying 'screenshot0.bmp has been created', or something like that? Did you change the line in the ini file? And if you used FRAPS the screenshots will appear somewhere else of course.

Unlock Print Screen (PRTSCN) button

There is a setting in the INI file:

bAllowScreenShot=0

change to:

bAllowScreenShot=1

Also, two related items for the screenshots:

iScreenShotIndex=0

SScreenShotBaseName=Oblivion

There are two INIs, one in the game folder called "Oblivion_default.ini", this is the one it uses to generate the REAL one....

My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini

Edit the first one if you want to default to having screenshots on by default for all users. The settings it uses at runtime are the ones from My Documents folder.

After you mod the INI file, you can press PRTSCN button and Oblivion will write a BMP file to your game folder.

I did it and it works! Stampede is the man!

• 6 months later...