LOOT Report viewer window won't show

AndrealphusVIII

Loot is absolute rubbish , i have spent the last 2 hours trying to view the LOOT REPORT but apparently no one thought that more than half the world uses Chrome and they should make it compatible with Chrome than IE... i for one refuse to use IE and this rubbish just wont make me .. ill rather go back to BOSS than this pile of crap.

Edited by Dknightxs

I had this problem not twenty minutes ago... Close MO.. open it.. run loot.. If that doesn't work do the same but run the skyrim launcher first.

Age old tech problems perhaps? Did you try turning it off and on again.

I had this problem not twenty minutes ago... Close MO.. open it.. run loot.. If that doesn't work do the same but run the skyrim launcher first.

Age old tech problems perhaps? Did you try turning it off and on again.

The problem is Vista users are unable to view the report in Loot 0.6 for it's set to use IE11 so.....

Edited by gandalftw

• 2 weeks later...

Having this same issue with LOOT 0.6, running on Windows 7 with Chrome. I managed to get to it manually using the procedure given above, but that's just plain tedious. Man, something goes wrong every time I try LOOT.

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

I have the dreaded blank report window too...

Same here i had to reinstall Loot 0.5

Also did a search and found this:

*LOOT 0.6 and above requires Internet Explorer 11 to generate the reports.

Internet Explorer 11 is only for Win7 and up.So Vista users are screwed?

Ahh.... so IE is the culprit. Havn't touched that pile of carp since version 9.

Not impressed with LOOT to be honest. BOSS is way more user friendly. And wheres the "Load before" sorting option? Not that "Load after" works anyway. Lack of IE 11 again?

edit: ok, version 0.5. is the last one that works for me too. Except that Manual Sorting still doesn't work. Sigh....

Edited by soupdragon1234

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem....I looked for LOOT v0.5 but could not find it.

So I am stuck with Loot v0.6 and probably LOOT v0.7 would have the same bug

since the website says...

Loot FAQ LOOT's report is blank. How do I fix this?

https://github.com/loot/loot.github.io/wiki/LOOT-FAQs#loots-report-is-blank-how-do-i-fix-this

says that it needs/tested the latest version of IE11 and try enabling JAVA and try a new script...etc.

The report is an HTML file with Java scripting.
It should run on any browser that runs java.

I have win 7 and IE8.

I have been able to view it on Firefox and IE8 in win 7.

I have tried this on IE 11 and it does not seem to work so may be it requires more testing by me to make it work to say for sure.

It is not a permission problem either as I run loot as admin.

I believe the problem is in how Loot is passing the data to the Browsers...or its own Browser.

Typing the following into my browser shows the report on my win7 IE8 and probably will work

on win98 as well. With my setup the URL is...

file:///C:/Program%20Files/LOOT/resources/report/report.html?data=C:/Users/nemo/AppData/Local/LOOT/Skyrim/reportdata.js

This being the case it should be a simple matter to make LOOT do the same to make it work.

I should think. My son (in high school) has quickly made a quick and dirty little program to insert the above text into the default browser and it seems to work as a work around.

So I hope this helps all of you.

pzaw

I have exactly the same problem....I looked for LOOT v0.5 but could not find it.So I am stuck with Loot v0.6 and probably LOOT v0.7 would have the same bug
since the website says...
Forum ate the rest of my post....?
Used what you typed above and Google gave me that as the top hit...it has many versions of both LOOT and BOSS...including LOOT .05.
Leaving this here for everyone refusing to update an 11 year old OS...:)
https://github.com/loot/loot/releases Scroll down the versions are here<<
Edited by camaro_69_327