DC Interiors - Disabling Pawn shop Alarm

robotnikFTW

Does anyone know how to disable the pawm shop alarm? The one near Northwest Seneca Station. I've looked and looked but I can't seem to find the switch anywhere.

According to this, I know ChuckSteel (the creator) doesn't like giving out the location in public, but I've grown so sick of looking that' I'm asking anyway :tongue:.

Thanks in advance

Seeing as how no one else has jumped in and, because it's fresh on my mind, I'll tell you what I know. First, let me warn you by saying that I don't have the full-blown DC Interiors so I don't have any personal experience with your dilemma but I think I've recently come across the info you're searching for. I think it was while I was going through the mod's comments where there was some mention of a pawn shop alarm and somebody wondering how to turn it off. The reply said that you have to go to the building next door where you'll find a button under a desk that will turn it off.

Now I don't know if there's more than one pawn shop in the mod so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt... Just trying to help :). Hope it works for ya!

I'll give a hint. :tongue:

Go into the Hotel next to the pawn shop. Take the elevator up and you'll hear the alarm again! Look around there! The alarm get's louder as you get close.

If you still can't find it Feel Free to PM me and I'll tell you where to look. I just don't want to give public spoilers for those who like to find things on there own.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting hint from chucksteel - thanks for that.

But personally, I don't see the alarm as a real problem. Go in, deal with hostiles, search'n'loot, then leave - one time only. Ten minutes probably. Fifteen tops.. Not like there is incentive to hang around for longer than that or make any repeat visits.

( ... Unless there is something ELSE about this spot I don't know. ;) )

Edited by 7thsealord

Very interesting hint from chucksteel - thanks for that.

But personally, I don't see the alarm as a real problem. Go in, deal with hostiles, search'n'loot, then leave - one time only. Ten minutes probably. Fifteen tops.. Not like there is incentive to hang around for longer than that or make any repeat visits.

( ... Unless there is something ELSE about this spot I don't know. :wink: )

There is a drunken gnome in a glass case.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A tip for those who still need it even after getting a hint from the author:

Common sense won't help too much. I'm not saying the switch is totally out of place, just much too hidden to be any convenient or realistic.

In other words, this is great for those players who enjoy running around in circles for hours trying to find something until it just happens.

On the bright side, knowing what the reward is beforehand should be of help in deciding whether to spend that time looking for the switch or not. Then again, if instead of a switch we were talking about some sort of legendary treasure, I would simply expect it to be very well hidden somewhere, but we're not, and there's absolutely nothing to warn you of that in game.

This, of course, is mostly criticism, and I hope someone can find it constructive. I'm going to make something clear before people start using this post as an excuse to hate me: I don't think I could've done an overall better job than the author. I just point out a minor flaw.

Edited by claustromaniac