⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

From Day Dreams of a Spaced Out old Man comes

Deleted54170User

The one moved toward me. The other moved out of sight up on the ravines ridge. The one coming closed in. It stood up and growled. The other snuffed around above me. The one got closer. I closed my eyelids. Turned my head so no skin was exposed. I heard scratching on the rocks.

The one growled and coughed. Stood there. It's breathing was loud enough to hear.

The one came down to where I was. They both shared looks and left.

I held my breath still. I felt my lungs about to explode. I fought it.

I thought. Another minute please!

I placed my face into the crud. Flat against the rock covered in moss and let my exhales heave out.

I thought about getting as far away as I could. Where would be safe though? Another town? The nearest one was 30 miles away. I couldn't make it like this. I'd worn out my body and needed to rest. Somehow, somewhere.

As I lay there quietly breathing I knew I had to go back to the tanker. Risk it! For the rifle.

I hope like hell they didn't move in.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see the long claws as the beast reached in to grab me. I felt a sharp stab. I opened my eyes.

The rocks pressed against me. I'd fallen asleep. It felt hot like inside an oven. Too hot for comfort. I felt the mud caked on my face and bare skin. I looked out through the hole. Daylight out. The shadows on the land showed me it was either early morning or late afternoon. In the cramped space I stretched muscles and bent all my movable body parts any way I could until I felt any pain warning me of any more physical damage.

I must have a fever. Oh! Great! Just what I needed. I'll be toasted and tasty if those beasts find me now.

I gently pried my way out of the rock fissure. The tiny stream boiled out of the ground. I splashed some water on my face. Cool fresh water.

It was fresh water from its spring. I washed off my face. Sipped some water to taste it. Fresh!

I felt better having the mud removed and my skin cleaner. I hoped the fever was just the mud blotting my flesh.

Eyeing the area for signs of life I noted the tracks the beasts made among the harden mud where birds and smaller creatures left imprints of their paws and claws. The beasts foot prints were like a small childs. They aren't all that big. They just seemed huge before.

By the length of the shadows it was about nine in the morning when I finished checking for life signs near me. Other land animals were nowhere near. The birds were flying about near some trees and shrub. Some were perched and others were on the ground searching hunting for food.

I remembered a movie where a guy told a young boy to watch the birds. As long as the birds don't start flying around squawking a lot, don't get excited. Just sit quiet and they won't. After a few moments I felt sure the area was safe. I stripped, washed me, and my clothes in the Spring water. Then hung my clothes out to dry. My temperature dropped nicely. I was still going to need supplies and medicine to keep healing.

I guessed I was about a thousand yards from the tanker. Stealth. Watching the birds, being clean with fresh clothes would keep my own body odors off the air for a few hours. I hope it will anyway.

I stood and crouched, stood and stretched. Checking my shoulder, hip socket, left fibula, calf muscles and back. I kept stretching over and over until I felt limber enough to crawl and walk. I was still a bit warm which might be bad, but it made for quick relief from stretching.

The shadows casted by the trees and tall blades of grass made it seem a bit after ten in the morning. I drank some more spring water gurgling out of the tiny waterfall. Little by little I started feeling better. I built up the courage to get moving. My mind was clear. The warmth of the morning sun felt good. Time to get a move on.

I took to hiding among tall patches of grass or shrub. Dashing from one to another; pausing waiting for my breathing to calm down and then sight in another and move to it. Much of the field was wild tall grass. The bushes were tangled into each other. I ran to and into a a few bushes all mingled, and broke a few branches. Chose to find tall grass next. Twenty yards ahead I saw my next target. I slunk into the shrub with little berries on them. Surprised a squirrel next to it about to climb a tree there. We both had a fit. Because of all the noise that little rodent made I about crapped myself.

I was up to a hundred yards from the roadside burrow pit where the truck tractor steered off. Sheared off the hitch along the way ending up dumping the tanker on the other side before the cab crashed into a boulder. I could see a mile of open ground ahead. No sign of the beasts. I took a look and found another good bunch of hedge. I crouched and steeled myself for a fifty foot dash. I entered the thicket. Two steps in I heard a loud scream like I had never heard before. The woman?! The dog?!

No! Not now! Eyes darting around. Looking for the torn body of the woman or the dog still alive. I heard the scream again as I stared at some rabbits hopping away. The noise they make when they're surprised. I think I got some gray hairs when I heard it.

After I caught my breath I shrugged it off and got down crouching low. I saw the tanker. Spattered with blood and streaks down the sides. The woman's body was nowhere to be seen. I wondered if those things moved her inside the tanker. Maybe they took her and the pit bull somewhere else.

I about dashed out into the open when I thought better of it. I found some more hiding places around toward the back of the tanker. I wasn't taking any chances. They might be hanging around or inside.

While I was in some brush searching the land from the heel end of the tanker I remembered how the three of them appeared. Two between us and one behind her. I wondered if they were intentionally separating us too make their task easier. If she hadn't shot that one, I might have been meat and if Cuchi hadn't run at the injured one, ripped it's throat out than ran back toward the other on the side I was on, the other one might have come after me right after the one took her down.

I didn't know how I was coming up with this stuff, I didn't care. As long as it was helping me I wanted to keep it coming. Maybe it was because of all those video games I played while waiting for my next job? Who knows?! How ever I figured them didn't matter. I was glad I did.

I followed the streaks of blood along the side of the tanker. The grasses were tall. I couldn't make out much from on the ground. I headed to the tanker. Looked under it. Moved to the side where the ladder to the cap was on top. Took a look around. I hopped over to the ladder. Climbed to the top. Peered over the side to check around there again for new arrivals.

The hatch was down and closed. There was blood two feet from it where the woman was standing. So it must have been closed. The rifle!

Where's the rifle? I began darting my view around as if my eyes were dangling on loose limp springs. I stopped moving them. Closed my eyelids a second. Opened them in tiny slits. Looked down from the side following the blood streaks. Some grass was laid down where the body must have been dragged. No sign of the body. Maybe she dragged it locked into her hands firing it wildly until she was dead. They might have dragged her all the way to where they hole up with it in her grip.

I followed the trail passed a small tree trunk about thirty feet away. Looked on as far as I could see clearly.

I drew my sight back down the trail to that little tree. Then I saw it. That isn't a tree!

I almost hopped off the top of the tanker. Turned and shinnied down the ladder. Got under the belly of the tanker and scurried to that rifle sticking out of the ground.

I almost hopped off the top of the tanker. Instead I slowed down, turned, and shinnied slowly down the ladder. Got under the belly of the tanker. I looked to see if the birds were stirred up. I set my sight on the flatten grass trail and prepared to scurry to that rifle propped up like it was a tree growing out of the ground. I aimed my eyes at the rifle and launched.

Slowly I slid my right foot forward. Pressed down. Got my balance. Brought my left foot up to the side of my right. Balanced putting my weight gently on my left foot so I didn't pain myself too much. Slid my right foot forward. I got about two feet each time with my right foot. Not pounding on ground anymore. Not running like a crazed madman to save my life.

It was a little wobbly each step along the way. The gentle touch down without stomping was so comfortable. Like gliding. My tender body parts would not be beaten up anymore. The grasses shimmered a little as I moved. I thought they might be damp from morning dew still. I kept crouched so as not to disturb the birds. I moved, stopped, looked, listened, and balanced. I worked so hard not to surprise anymore rabbits or squirrels too.

I'd been in such a rush before, but not now. Those deadly beasts, horrible monsters, gave me a boost of adrenaline over and over. It is amazing that I survived with the condition my body is in. I felt reassured when seeing the birds. The way they frollicked about while nothing interrupted them. I could put my faith in the birds. I slid my right foot forward again. Moving undaunted, staggered a little while propping up upon my left foot, and felt the flatten stocks of grass sink down a bit like a shag carpet giving me a comfortable feeling. I recalled laying down on a soft carpet once. Comfortable cozy and soft. Ah! There's the rifle. Reached out and pulled at it. I pulled it from the branches of the brush. Then something I hadn't prepared for occurred.

I felt like I was floating. Down and down until I laid on the soft pile of long stocks of grass. Shock took it's toll on my brain. I didn't even have time to panic. I just laid down and passed out.

Ten is awake.

I opened my eyes. Everything was blurred.

I gave it the last injection.

Who's there?

The transformation is complete.

What's going on?

His body put up quite a fight.

Hey!

He's quite a clever one. Slipping out of his cage. Finding my lab key and his old clothes.

My eyes cleared up. I thought I recognized that woman's voice. And the doctor. What's she doing with him. Hey! What's going on? What are they deaf or something?

Good thing you thought of that rifle of his. With him my formula was really getting tested. When he was human again we almost lost him. His favorite hunting rifle was just what the doctor ordered.

My rifle?! That was my rifle!

Old habits die hard.

Perfect bait to get him back. The final injection has taken affect so it's all done. He will be a werewolf for all time now.

This one is a real winner Doc. The Xorbal on Plutedag will love having a whole family of real werewolves in their zoo collection.

Hey! This isn't funny! What did you do to me?

I wonder if there's anything left of them? He and his families minds I mean. Are they still thinking like humans after the formula takes full effect?

Being a poacher? His family? They all likely have natural hunting instincts just like wild animals. They're hunter - killers. Probably won't have a care in the world. Probably are completely wild and more dangerous.

Hey! I heard that! What the sam hill are you two talking about? My family?!

All that soft growling. You'd think he was talking. It's kind of spooky thinking they might actually be trying to communicate with us in their new forms.

He's ready. Prepare his transport cage to put him with in with his wife and children aboard the ship.

The story beginning at number 567 is about a scientist. A scientist who discovered a new set of genes that when spliced into a humans DNA alters their body according to design changes to the body of the person purchasing them.

If you are wondering about the story DNA is what happens to be what makes us what we are. That is; a person who wants physical changes doesn't have to go through all the operations, surgical removal and additions of body parts. Instead the designer DNA my college discovered that switches off the aging program in our DNA worked on a tiny creature that only has a 12 hour life span. The little microscopic lifeform lived for 24 hours. What a shock that must of been to see all it's friends die and see all their children born and die when that one did.

I took the DNA splicing a few steps further. I found out the body can change just by changing parts of the DNA strand so, e.g., say a person wanted to have a sex change. Why not just alter their DNA at the appropriate point and see what happens to the adult body when the splicing a mans DNA so the body becomes a woman.

No human beings have been used, no human beings have been experimented on, no human beings have had any DNA splicing as of this day and to the best of my knowledge as of yet.

Now back to the subject. What might happen if the DNA is altered sufficiently so we could redesign a human body without surgery just by splicing or rearranging the DNA already in a human body so a man has his body transformed into a woman?

The scientist I am caused quite an uproar. I had to leave the country, but I didn't just quit doing experiments with the same little critters a famous physicist was playing around with it's DNA I built my laboratory with an infirmary to aid the birth process so no more babies would be born with deformed bodies. It's the least I could do with the knowledge I acquired.

Giving pregnant woman adjustments to their diets with proper nutrition made my work acceptable. Because; then no deformed or mutated disabled babies were born. That kind of work on human bodies was allowed.

Down in my laboratory I studied the genes of people with deformities already present in their bodies that I had provided nutrients of food to their diets and saved them from being born underdeveloped.

So I am a good scientist! I have a good reputation! I am loved by millions, no Billions of people now. I am in my 70's and I have aged well, because I am loved rather than despised. Good health is always best and when we have a sick patient we want them to be healthy before we give a patient any altering surgeries that are legal. In the case where a patient is mentally unhappy, some actual illness is likely the cause and their brain isn't fully developed.

That short change on the brains is vital to realize before any surgical procedures are done. This is where things get a bit sticky. Doctors before me didn't know that the brain isn't always fully developed even after a person reached adult physically growth. Their mind may well be in very good shape for life and some are brilliant. That's where all the strings of DNA have us at a disadvantage. We weren't actually sure until I found a way to read DNA. I found a way to see what DNA is and what it does.

What happened next was an accident. I accidentally made another me! Actually several other me's. Well I better not hold back and just say it. I made 149 identical mes. I didn't know that would happen. I made the first one by accident. Then I made the second one again mostly by accident, but the second one was made by my first accident. Why?! Because my first me accidentally made didn't realize he wasn't me and carried on the experiment thinking I hadn't completed the first one yet.

And then he left the lab. Just like I did and while I was fishing on the boat out in the middle of the ocean he was at the house and the third me emerged. I left the boat at the dock and walked to the village office and had lunch with a client. The first accidental me did like I did and took the boat out on the lake. So there I was sitting having an Espresso' with my latest client when my cell phone vibrated.

Security. The second me used the extra id card, but when the third me arose from the awakened stage there were no more ID cards. He called security from the lab on the lab phone. They called my cell and all the while the second me was out on the ocean in the boat fishing. He didn't get the call and didn't know there was a problem. I met my third me. If you've never had a brother or if you're a woman never had a sister then you probably won't understand what transpired next.

My third me and I got into a heated conversation because when we started to talk both of us said exactly the same thing word for word without any delay in our talk. I told me and me told me to shut up and listen to me six times. That was three times each. Before both of us did. Security decided to separate us first. Put us in separate rooms and l got the most attention first. I had my cell phone. I had my wallet and the ID tag. While I was discussing what to do about the third me with my assistant she recommended we put the new me, that's the third me, in a nice place so he would calm down. Since I have a condo as well we thought it was best to give him a place where he would be comfortable until we understood what the best course of action was. Naturally security was put on the condo so that me didn't wander off.

My assistant and I went to the lab. Locked it down. The two of us went to the clinic and carried on taking care of the patients. Now you're probably thinking about someone else with whom none of us was aware of. Number 1 accident, number 2 me.

Out on the boat, has an access card, even a special phone on the boat to make calls with. The first thing I would have done when I realized I had clinical work I had to do at nine in the morning is call to report I would be docking in the neighborhood and have a car sent to pick me up. I could walk too. From the dock near the clinic it was only a short walk to the clinic. And walk is what the second me did.

He walked right up to the back door while I went out the front door. He rang to be let in only a few second later when he realized he didn't have his key. I was around the corner out of sight and no one wondered if I had walked around back. No one even noticed I was standing a half a block away waiting for traffic talking on my cell proposing what to do with the accidental me at the condo.

That was two years ago. Like I said I have 149 mes now not including me. The decision to find a way to alter each so we didn't think alike was the first idea I had and I was telling my dictation machine my plan and set the reminder for me when I got back to the lab. I didn't know about number two me yet.

I had no idea!

The accident I created got all the stuff in the safe at the office. Wallet with all my credit cards, drivers license, special phone card, and the extra cell phone. Accidental me four emerged from the tank. Accidental me four began the process all over. Lock down caused a fail safe feature to make sure the experiment in the lab was not disturbed, because it wasn't supposed to be active.

It went on, while accidental four me was being hustled out of the lab. Someone would think that when accidental four me arose from it that they would have realized it was in automatic restart after completion because we didn't and forgot to shut it down. In the ongoing process, four more confused mes were in the lab in seven days. By that time we realized the ten of us were all wanting to go about our lives without anymore interruptions.

You might have guessed, but I will tell you anyway. We being the number one practitioner/s with skills in reducing birth defects in newborns, came up with the idea to give us all a life at other hospitals and clinics around the world. Yup I may be your doctor. 149 or 23 or 12, And all of us have your babies best interests at heart. Don't worry! Your baby is going to be perfect.

Now back to my lab. You're probably thinking that with all the confusion I forgot about my project and went on being a prenatal doctor full time. You would be wrong.

When all was calmed down I went to the lab and the next reminder on my laboratory experiment list, right after 139 repeats, was back to gender bending DNA testing. Oh! Don't worry about the story transforming the family man and his wife and children into werewolves. I was just joking around with idea because I had a thought. I thought one of my mes might decide he wanted to be me instead and what better way to send me off, and all my possible, not yet, but possible family members in a way no one would know it was even me.

I hope the other 149 mes didn't have the same idea.

If the gender alteration DNA is officially granted you will be able to become your desired sex and have all the features you want your body to have. It will cost you a pretty penny. One guarantee I have for you that made my fitness trainer grings that I made up is... I said to him, it is a good advertising logo if I get approval from the world DNA council.

It's "No pain; all gain!"

This is fiction. No human beings have been used, no human beings have been experimented on, no human beings have had any DNA splicing as of this day and to the best of my knowledge, as of yet. You never know! Someone may have done it, but as of yet I haven't read or heard anything on the subject. So it is a fiction I wrote. Again! It is all fiction. Alf of it is fiction.

Tuesday; January 12, 2021 at 11:54: 39 AM this is the fiction stories End.

• 2 weeks later...

Friday; January 23, 2054.

FAKE NEWS With Vicki Amoire!

Good morning ladies and gentleman. I'm Vicki Amoire and this mornings guest is Doctor M. S. Shamless. The inventor of the Switch Bath of Love. Molecular Alteration Equipment.

Thighzslerland; famous Scientist Moral S. Shamless's invention for non-surgical human alteration services was accepted today and given full approval to proceed in Thighzslerland! The doctors new modular cells alteration equipment got 100% approval.

It's said the machine merely causes the human in the vitreaol tank to change at the molecular level. No surgery is required to change the body.

The altered male to female can get pregnant and have babies. You can even choose breasts size and other alterations. With added fees; of course. The woman that becomes a man can get females pregnant. And guys! The choices for you know what is also available.

Vicki Amoire: Doctor Shamless how safe is this operation?

Dr. Shamless: Well. Mia Amoire: Only a small piece of the DNA strand is manipulated. Which then causes the man to woman change or woman to man change incredibly. Just like a baby is during pregnancy, only without nine months in the womb.

The person's body changes inside/out by itself. Once the transformation is complete the new body is fully functional. After finalizing my experimental tests, which only took 20 hours to make a complete me, by the way, my equipment modifications for safer transformation takes only a week. It is safe: A week in the tank is mandatory while your old body sleeps and you're transformed into the new you! For an extra charge we can make you into a premium younger baby making couple too when you're prime age was best for making babies!

No surgical scars. No slips of the scalpel or laser knife. It's completely safe. BECAUSE IT IS ALL YOU!

Vicki: Are there any side effects, or after effects?

Moral: Only one!

Vicki: Ooh! What is that?

Moral: In a week you won't recognize yourself.

FAKE NEWS With Vicki Amoire!

Have a Great Weekend!

Friday. January 23, 2054

The MP's walked over to the side of a military vehicle. A open hatch Hummvee. They approached two men as they neared it. Sgt. Evelin turned to her partner. They're a couple of doctors.

Mac. The higher ranking sergeant of the two stopped them. Turning to the Captain. We've had a report of a stolen vehicle, doctor. It was reported that General Havinshacks car went missing from the M. A. S. H. unit nearby.

Turned. Winked at his partner in crime. Stolen? He must be in his hospital. It's right there!

Sgt. Dormet looked at the hospital. His tough expression melted away. So it is! Have a good day! Sir!

Waited for the two soldiers to turn the corner and get out of sight. Let's go! The two walked to the back of it. Picked up the packages of medical supplies and some extra medicine they acquired at the local Sain Scin hospital and climbed into the general's personal car. Fired it up and drove back to their M. A. S. H. unit where the General was presently. Taking the sorely needed supplies they just acquired at the General's hospital back to the unit.

Redair told them their shipment had been accidentally redirected to the Sain Scin Hospital by some high ranking General. Who just happened to arrive at the M. A. S. H. that day. Dr. Shamless winked at Dr. Marleanna. Do you think the General will mind? They just borrowed the car while no one was paying them any attention.

Doc Marleanna smurked. Yeah! Right! Redair. Accidentally.

When the doctors arrived back at the M. A. S. H. Moral steered the olive drab colored car up to the spot outside where they had taken it. Right in front of Major K. Mat's tent. Redair appeared. Loudly said, Important message just came in drawing everyone's attention to him. The Officers waited as Redair sorted through the slips of paper while the two unloaded the medical supplies and ran off.

Amanda awoke to sounds of someone interrupting her view of soft fluffy clouds in the sky changing shapes. The music she heard was from a movie she found on a job. It played softly as the singer sang, Suicide is painless. She mumbled, Depends on who you ask. She leaned over toward the voice and remembered where she was. Answer!

Amanda Cloud? Private Detective? Do I have the right party?

Detective or as she liked it; she preferred to call herself a Private Eye for Private Investigator. Private Dick made her seem to tough to her clients. And the eye painted on her office door on a surf and search webpage anyone pulled up showed there. She found it on an old TV show about private eyes in the 19th Century. 77 Sunset Strip. The doll they had in that show called Kookie was a big hit with girls in their day. She borrowed the idea knowing no one would ever suspect her of not being original.

It also assured her even the simplest seeker that was looking for a good detective would recognize the pun. They found the correct office door among all the threads in the search engines list. Among the other retired police officers using the same kinds of P. I. links as their afterlife categories for those living in the resort for retired cops still chipping some old cons they turned into good citizens during their public servant lives.

She looked at the letter that came with the vanilla envelope.

Why would anyone want to know the biography of Scientist of Doctor M. S. Shamless? That hack and sow doctors been dead for 100 years. All his mes were killed off by competitors trying to copy his work. Didn't do much for society. His work was snowed under because of complaints.

She opened the vanilla envelope. Looked at the contents. And so the whole shabang was shut down because it put to many hack and sew physicians out of work. A bunch of pill pushers in their day. But someone wanted to know who he was and where he came from. She picked up the cash card that came with the package. 2 mill of credits! Nice!

She popped a pill, pulled the dirty drinking glass over to the edge of her desk; changed her mind and instead pulled a bottle of Bourbon out of the bottom right hand drawer. After her gut settled she pressed the reply button on her wrist watch. Sure! Will do! You'll know all there is to know about him in two weeks! She told her watch. Send!

She thought about the old stories she remembered. Standing there naked her bed folded up and disappeared into the wall. The clothes closet rolled out with her cleaned stuff. She tapped the clock on the wall. The cat's tail didn't swing back and forth anymore. Old junk she found. The eyes moved though. It kept good time though. She reminded herself she was going to have the clock fixed one day. Those big white eyes moving left to right like her old partners did.

Always trying to see around the corners. She left a note to remind her that the black cat's tail will get fixed when she can find one of those old clock makers in some dive down in the guts of New Jerork City. Somewhere down deep in the bowels of the old New York and New Jersey guts from the old cities.

One of these days? As long you still tell the time I'll keep you. She turned around to the clothes hanging on the rod. Picked her favorite outfit for Mondays. It's still Sunday! She turned. Pulled a towelette body wipe. Lastly wiping her naked self after; she wipe the glass tumbler. Poured a shot into it. Downed a swallow from the glass. Yeah! As long as I have you I'll never forget Hank. Hank the copper whose skin was copper colored that could pull my heart strings. Copper colored skin like some alien from outer space. Those big white eyes remind me of you Hank.

Dressing herself she addressed the clock. Too bad you can't talk kitty. You'd probably have some great bedtime stories.

She turned her wristwatch side up to face her. Staring through slightly blurry eyes from sleep she said; Doctor M. S. Shamless. A list from the surf appeared so many times the window scrolled up faster than a jack rabbit running from a coyote.

Transfer to monitor!

Her fake mahogany desk began to transform. A slot opened up and out of the desk. A QLED 40 inch monitor rose up.

She watched the search engine topics scroll by.

Stop!

No record of schooling before age 6. What? Did they let children grow up wild? Or maybe?! Home tutoring.

Scan Doctor M. S. Shamless ; home tutoring.

Sold garden seeds packaages door to door when five. Told women to put them in the freezer to keep them fresh until Spring.

Earned a Chemistry lab with microscope and slides for selling 40 boxes of all occasion cards before he turned six.

Suddenly an old mobile phone message played.

This is Thomas Vicki! I got you that interview with Doctor Shamless!

Yeah! It better not be another impersonator! Tom!

Stop!

Play entire message.

Sounds like a gold digger. I'll bet she slept with the real doctor too.

Look up Vicki A Moire!

I won't make any mistake this time. I'm going to know all there is about the doc before the Interview this time

The dope on Dr M. Shamless PHD MD from memoirs of Redair.

He looked up at me, that's Redair, me as I walked in the ER. He shouted at me, "Put your mask on Redair! We're trying to save these soldiers in here!

Sir! Your discharge papers are in the office. Col. Tabaz is waiting with Maj. K. Mat. The major is throwing a fit.

Tell Sheila to give the Maj some of that special tea. I'll be there as soon as I can. This soldier deserves to go home with both legs. Nurse! Wipe! Get that clot off the arteria.

I'll sew him up for you Eagle Eye. You're going home!

Capt! You're going home! Captain?

I joined in hooping and hollering. I (being Redair) darted out of the tent.

As Eagle Eye cleared his head the rest of the ER team continued patching up other soldiers while they cheered and applauded.

(I'm guessing I think, knowing him) He bowed several times to all the others as he backed out of the tent until he was all the way back to the flaps. Inside the clean room he stripped off his surgery gloves, mask, cap, and gown. Down to his skivvies he walked into the shower and let the heated water rinse him off.

Pfc Daniels looked at him with her big green eyes. Handed him a towel. Congratulations sir!

I'm a civilian now Tabatha. It's Moral.

Congratulations Moral. I'm going to miss you!

Naked as a J-Bird. The towel the only thing between them they hugged.

He patted the fresh folded uniform with the creased shirt and trousers. As he put them on he looked at Tabatha. I think I'll have my old clothes bronzed. He put on a the fresh uniform. He put on his shower flip flops. Winked at Tabatha. I don't think the Col. will care.

It will drive the Maj nuts she said,

He looked up at Tabatha. Gen. Banks will probably be so glad to get this pain (I mean Eagle Eye) out of his neck he will probably bring me my civies.

Tabatha watched as he stood, saw his big smile, as he turned, walked to the tent flaps, turned and smiled again, lifted the flap, turned and smiled. See ya stateside Tabbie!

She smiled back. Tears rolling down her cheeks.

State of Oregon Hospital; Private. FYEO Leanard Hubbaar.

Morning! December 8, 1948.

Dr. Hubbaar! I need a moment.

What is it's Wendy?

The math teacher's wife doc. Gwen! She came in blathering. She wants a child, but she is in such a huff she just ordered us to get it done and to make sure it was a female doctor. I tried to calm her down. She just ran out. Screaming. Since she married Richard Her status in the community has her going out of her head. She knows how important it is to fill these forms out for the requests. All she said was she wants her next baby to be a female doctor. We need to know more!

Female doctor? That order would put a load on the males in that department. There are enough men in that profession already.

She was so infuriating I started to cry. Everything else she said was just nuts. She's gone completely mad!

What's her husband's last name?

Shamless. He's the head math teacher at Sheridan High School.

Have you got their records? I want to know how many children they have.

Silvia Langhart:

Jerry! She's on the phone!

I'll take it here. Hello! Mrs. Shamless.

You must understand... I can't just... The treatment wo... No it would... A female doctor!

He handed the phone back to Silvia. She wants a female doctor. Call the lab. Prep the slice. Make it so it's brain will conform to the schooling required. Bring me the paperwork a.s.a.p..

Vicki looked at the words.

Ordered her Timelick Computer to scroll to page 2.

What the hell! They made babies by design. They were flipping making designer babies in the 1920's. Moral was a designer baby?! Intended to be a female doctor. He's a male. What the...

Continuing reading searching for any clues.

• 3 weeks later...

Ari Naol:

It saddens me to know two weeks wasn't enough time. I am anxious for information.

---

Amanda typed:

He's a mystery. I have twenty two files ready to send. I'll need more time, but I think you knew that.

---

Ari Naol:

I did.

Do a good job! That is all I ask.

---

Amanda typed:

? What specifically got you interested in the good doctor.

---

Ari Naol:

The history of the man. It drops off. I want to know why.

---

Amanda typed:

Wait! Genetics? He didn't die?

---

Ari Naol:

No! He dropped off the grid. No News, no radio or television updates. He suddenly was invisible.

Type Invisible before his name in a search engine. Be sure to use ":" before you enter his name.

---

Amanda typed:

Done!

The screen on the monitor filled with boxes popping up and all over each other on the screen. The collection of the pix's bloated and blocked out her background pix.

---

Ari Naol:

Get back to me when you have anything.

Ari Naol disconnected:

--------------------------------

No News! All a bunch of conspiracy theorists?!

My head hurts!

This is a nightmare! Have I died and gone to hell?

2 mill.

I need a pill.

Amanda typed:

Earliest first

The computer's fan whirred at her feet. The heat warmed her toes for a moment.

I think I am going to need a new MoBo and PSU.

The pix's swarmed on the screen. One grew to cover the desktop over them all.

What's this? A family photo?

2 degrees left. Zoom in 10x!

A woman sitting in a chair next to the man standing was holding up a card.

2 down 3 left Zoom 10x

The cards words sent her reeling. She got up, popped her feet into her autotie joggers, grabbed two belts hanging on the hook by the door. Clipped the buckles together tightened the belts. Threw her cloak over her shoulders drove her hands through the slots, grabbed the grips on of two handles. The door burst open. She aimed and fired the tazers at the bodies coming through the door. Both bodies fell as the 60,000 Watts pellets made them spaz all the way to the floor.

Leaping she stomped down on their backs as she went out the door. In the hall she searched with the sights for targets and ran through the hall to the fire chute. Stopped, turned, looking down the sights. Lifted a button readout tab. Pressed a button under it hidden by the tab below the fire chute's. The wall changed shape and rotated. An opening appeared. Stepped into the launch tube for the roof.

Stepped out, searched with the sights. Noting the roof was clear. She said, decloak Clark. The cloak vanished. Her brand new LTD Roadster shined.

She smiled. Wings!

She jumped in the control seat. Launch. 2 nevada 4 california 5 san jose 6 tom collins.

Clark asked. Chilled or neutral?

Chilled.

Clark rose up and soared toward point 2. A chilled Tom Collins rose up in the cup holder.

Tell your super car what has gotten you so excited. Clark waited silently.

Get to destination 2 before the drop of water sliding down the side of the cup reaches the bottom and I will.

Clarks sonar beeped once. Destination 2 we've arrived. You were saying.

She tipped the cup as Clark set and began heading to the next destination point. She felt tense as Clark seemed prepared to do a jolt just as she put the cup to her lips.

I wouldn't do that. Clark sang. Your rise in apprehension was enough to test my new companion socializing app.

She sipped. Even though Clark shot out of the space the motion didn't cause a dribble in the cup. She took a second longer drink.

There was a message for me from out of the past on a photo that could only have been taken in the last 24 hours. Pinch me! Ouch! I'm not dreaming.

The report from the team just came in.

Enlighten me!

She apparently is more than your everyday detective; Sir. The rounds we pulled off of the team were made with a strange bullet form. It appears to look like a bullet, long rifle fashion. It's has a thin layer of hard plastic, that covers a soft gum hard enough to keeps it's form until it contacts the objective. The outer case crumbles when it makes contact. The remains we found confirm that it had the shape of bullet. Upon impact the interior collapsed and two pins emerge. She must have a very good arms smith or she's good. The batteries contain a charge that lasts. We haven't determined how long as the samples were drained and we have no way of recharging them. Just one; knocked out Dwealler.

That big ox! He's been tasered before and it barely staggered him. Find out what that detective wants and pay her off. Get it?! Let me know the instance she returns to radar.

All the evidence from scans found nothing. She never left the building. The team is searching floors. It's a manor with 1 million residence. Finding her will take awhile.

She's not there! I know it. I feel it in my gut. Someone tipped her off, which means someone is on the inside. Find out who it is! Have you found out who she is working for?

No sir. Traces of a braz and radio fracking broke all tracks to connect a trace from her system's message service. I am looking into the model of watch she has. Hopefully she hasn't broken the GPS and Location Wi-fi transmitters.

Good! What about father?! Is the new generation of nanobots healing him?

He's stable.

That's all for now. Wait! Check all searches to and from the libraries of message services and see if you find any that are odd in respect to searches with a point referring to a school.

Got it!

---------------------------------------------------------

Arrival in 1 minute.

Thanks Clark!

Call:

Donaven! My home/office has been hacked. See to it, please! I have a link for newest client. Pass the message on to the client.

Send.

End call:

Security:

Black out, reroute messages from D2 L9 to temple. Area code 206.

Break:

We've arrived Amanda.

There are 443 blocks of residence on top of the old building. Parking limited. I suggest you let me drop you and send a lift to get you as soon as you call.

Accepted. What the conditions of the old building.

Walls and windows cracked, interior dust very fine 2.4. Too dangerous to breath, level presently; 60 pica per million. Making a mask.

Male: large nose for your filters. Would you like a couple clips of 10 mm bullets?

Thanks Clark. I have tested the tazers well enough. But... two clips of tens just in case one AP and one HP.

Here you go. Here we are! Stay safe.