PLEASE help a noob (load) order superfluous graphics mods!

burdfishdemon

Thank you Nyquist--I had noticed this awhile ago--depending on which way I order the mods on the left--especially graphical ones--the environments look different for sure.

My trees only look iffy in the distance. They look like christmas trees a little. Then i get 10 seconds away and they change a bit to look much more HD. It's not a big problem. I was just wondering if maybe it's because it's a 2011 game. I'll try a step guide or whatever.

It's not because of the game being from 2011. One of your graphics mods, likely you tree LOD mod is causing issues with how the game's LOD is being rendered. Are you using the Basic Version of Vurt's Flora Overhaul with Lush Trees? If not - you need to be, perhaps that may cause issues you're expirencing. Even if it isn't - it's still required you use the Basic version with Lush Trees anyway. I'm not a authority on what mods are causing your LOD issues - but my suggesion would be to disable all of graphics mods that have to do with the Flora of skyrim.

Edited by DaddyDirection

Okay I'll take this into consideration. I'm not sure it's worth it since trees and such look amazing up close.

There is a setting in your skyrimprefs.ini that you can edit to extend the range of your LOD, don't ask me which one, but it may also lower your FPS, i am not sure

I copy-pasted the "high settings" into my ini. The looks amazing but the trees from a distance are still the same. Also every time i have a program sort things it messes things up because it changes my left pane load order completely. I then need to spend an hour changing it to match the right pane and for all the texture mods the programs ignore for some reason I need to use common sense. I've been getting some CTD's so maybe I'll change ini settings back to medium or default and hope for the best.

even if you had a perfect load order, or no mods installed at all except for the unofficlal patches, you would still have CTD's, it's a Bethesda game, FO3 and FONV also crash for no reason, they all share the same engine, although, Skyrim's engine was tweaked more

I swear every day I only get a couple hours to play tops and every day I FIND MYSELF REARRANGING THINGS... It doesn't save the order in the left pane of MO or something I swear :[

EDIT: Found out it was just one esp for Sounds of Skyrim that was incompatible. Now experimenting with LOD stuff...

EDIT: INI is nothing to mess with... Anyways changed all that back.

HOWEVER I'm still getting CTD problems every 20 minutes or so... Often when reloading the game or travelling. :[ How Important is cleaning dirty mods? I may need to learn how with MO. I know there's a youtube video but is it worth it?

Edited by burdfishdemon

Hmm to tell you the truth in skyrim cleaning is suggested if you have ctds.

Otherwise usually I don't give the suggestion to clean what is working already.

So yeah I would clean those suggested by LooT only since some mods require those dirty edits to work.also take a look at step cleaning guide for official dlc.

Ctd every 20 mins is too often. And your

tree problem is linked with lods. However the way you describe it I would say it's normal. Could you post a screenshot so that we can confirm it?