Your pile of shame

XanAlderon

The only games i've ever been able to beat are all Zelda games and Morrowind, Oblivion, and FO3. I can't get through the mines in Dragon Age Origins because I keep dieing. I also can't finish racing games such as the Midnight Club games.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play a lot of racing games and they arent the sort you usualy get 100% completion in, even in games Ive come to absolutely love and keep coming ack to like the superb DIrT 2 BUT!

The only racing game Ive simply put down because it was just too horrible to bother with was midnight club three on xbox 360. Simply atrocious. bad graphics, poor selection of cars, very limited customisation on the sorts of cars you'd buy the game to customise. If that wasnt enough then the game also had a crummy level up system. You spent each level hording cash so you could afford a car from the next level. And the AI and tracks were just laughably bad, its set in LA and LA is NOT a fun city to race cars in: devoid of interesting scenery, and the only real road types are highways and streets.

The game also earned my ire because A the motorbikes only came in three types, B they cost less than a set of aftermarket wheels and tires for a car, and C were so unrealistic I laughed out loud in disgust. You only get three choices, and they are so badly balanced that only one of the is a valid choice for what to ride.

You get to "pick" between a Ducatti Monster, a Ducatti 1000 RR, and a Kawasaki Ninja ZX14. In reality that would be a very interesting race, as the Kawasaki has a bigger engine than some cars, and the 1000RR handles like a racing bike. Handling vs speed. but in game handing does matter because they all handle like they are glued onto the road.

I dont mind arcady handling. Split Second and Burnout(1,2, 4, 6) are some of my all time favorite games, but they are FUN arcady, this is an arcade racer that thinks its a sim, but doesnt have the guts to put in a proper tuning interface or decent driving dynamics.

Finaly, the game is delivered its merciful bullet in the head by its storyline. Racers shouldnt have storylines. But this does. And its beyond bad. Overall the lousy gameplay, obcene music, swearing laden dialogue and pathetic "tuning"(no actualy tuning involved, cars dont even look realistic) is set against the back drop thats half soap opera, and half fast n furious. But even FF had better character and dialogue than this.

Easily one of the worst games Ive ever had the misfortune of playing.

graphics: 6/10: outdated engine and looks pathetic in HD. gameplay: 4/10, aweful. just aweful. racing: 0/10 atrocious, no map or directions, just drive along and pray you dont take a wrong turn. plot. 0/10, obnoxious face offs between armies of stereotypical, hormone fueled black men who swear alot and need a lesson in english. not my style. cars: 3/10. a small range with most of the "neccessary" cars there like the lancer, skyline, db9 and the two lamborghinis. but you cant actualy do much to customise them, and the result is always ridiculous and ugly, untuned they dont even look like the real thing or sound like it.

overall: 1/10. disgustingly bad.

More things thrown upon the pile. Looking around at my desk at some old boxes..

GTA: San Andreas: Yes, this is the most fun I've had in an open world for a while (Sorry, Oblivion). But I just can't get past the flying missions! All three mission available require me to fly a plane in some manner. Which is really hard to do.

Neverwinter Nights: Had to stop playing for a couple of weeks to rush-finish Shadowfang Keep, during which my brother went on without me to complete the storyline. It's not fun without someone else to play with.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Has anyone actually completed the story mode for it, or did they give up like I did and just start building deathtrap roller coasters designed to plow through a crowd and then explode?

star wars : unleashed (have for pc cutscenes no sound and teh gameplay was same over and over)

Sonic unleashed (wii version i got bored as i like been normal sonic but when i be unleashed it was just lame, so i stopped playing and i laso got new games)

all zelda games (never really gotten far in any of the games, to me i hated it, all it is is caves kill some enemies get a new item collect rubies and fight bosses)

all mario games, i hate mario has same music for all the games and got boring, but i liked the movie , the wizard

orject zero series ( i have them all for ps2, but it just too scary for me, even tho i can complete resident evil and silent hill series)

clock tower series (scary as hell, i like games with guns not scream like a girl)

thats all i can think of right now

I play a lot of racing games and they arent the sort you usualy get 100% completion in, even in games Ive come to absolutely love and keep coming ack to like the superb DIrT 2 BUT!

The only racing game Ive simply put down because it was just too horrible to bother with was midnight club three on xbox 360. Simply atrocious. bad graphics, poor selection of cars, very limited customisation on the sorts of cars you'd buy the game to customise. If that wasnt enough then the game also had a crummy level up system. You spent each level hording cash so you could afford a car from the next level. And the AI and tracks were just laughably bad, its set in LA and LA is NOT a fun city to race cars in: devoid of interesting scenery, and the only real road types are highways and streets.

The game also earned my ire because A the motorbikes only came in three types, B they cost less than a set of aftermarket wheels and tires for a car, and C were so unrealistic I laughed out loud in disgust. You only get three choices, and they are so badly balanced that only one of the is a valid choice for what to ride.

You get to "pick" between a Ducatti Monster, a Ducatti 1000 RR, and a Kawasaki Ninja ZX14. In reality that would be a very interesting race, as the Kawasaki has a bigger engine than some cars, and the 1000RR handles like a racing bike. Handling vs speed. but in game handing does matter because they all handle like they are glued onto the road.

I dont mind arcady handling. Split Second and Burnout(1,2, 4, 6) are some of my all time favorite games, but they are FUN arcady, this is an arcade racer that thinks its a sim, but doesnt have the guts to put in a proper tuning interface or decent driving dynamics.

Finaly, the game is delivered its merciful bullet in the head by its storyline. Racers shouldnt have storylines. But this does. And its beyond bad. Overall the lousy gameplay, obcene music, swearing laden dialogue and pathetic "tuning"(no actualy tuning involved, cars dont even look realistic) is set against the back drop thats half soap opera, and half fast n furious. But even FF had better character and dialogue than this.

Easily one of the worst games Ive ever had the misfortune of playing.

graphics: 6/10: outdated engine and looks pathetic in HD. gameplay: 4/10, aweful. just aweful. racing: 0/10 atrocious, no map or directions, just drive along and pray you dont take a wrong turn. plot. 0/10, obnoxious face offs between armies of stereotypical, hormone fueled black men who swear alot and need a lesson in english. not my style. cars: 3/10. a small range with most of the "neccessary" cars there like the lancer, skyline, db9 and the two lamborghinis. but you cant actualy do much to customise them, and the result is always ridiculous and ugly, untuned they dont even look like the real thing or sound like it.

overall: 1/10. disgustingly bad.

I totally agree with this! The game just drags on and on and on. All your trying to do in the game is trying to get the F1 car. Before and after that it's a let down.

1. Oblivion. I never finished this mainly because I didn't want to do the battle at Bruma until I had finished other quests, gotten certain weapons yatta yatta yatta. Also I had heard so many bad things about the main quest, I didn't really care for it. I didn't quite finish the SI quest, which was much more exciting, because the disc glitched out on my ps3 at the part where I have to fight the copy of myself.

2. God of War. It was TOO HARD. I was on the hard difficulty, but not even the unlockable one, and I just couldn't beat the boss in Hade's lair. My health simply went down faster than his, and as far as I could tell you had no choice but to lose health. I tried and tried for so long and finally just gave up.

3. Ratchet & Clank. I could say I never even beat any of these games. I never beat the first one because I started with the second one and I later watched my brother beat the 1st one. I did finish the 1st time through Going Commando several times, but the second time I never quite got all the hidden bolts and skill points, at one time anyway. The third one broke half way through. Deadlocked I watched my brother beat. (I didn't like it very much anyway, and splitscreen made the screens tiny and was horrible). The next ones for the ps3, it looks like there are like five of them now or something, I haven't even touched. They're all great though, Insomniac has never made a bad game.

4. San Andreas. This game is STILL awesome, and I think it kicks GTA 4's ass. I couldn't get past the "All you had to do was follow the train, CJ!" mission, though.

There are many others, but I can't list them now.

Aye.

I mean in Burnout Paradise, you're also working to get the formula one car. But every other car up to that is awesome too, and they're all so well balanced that a really fast car driven by an idiot can be beaten be an ace with good track knowledge and driving skills driving a ruined Cavalry with only three wheels.

I mean, you have the fastest car in the game, Hamilton's 2008 Mclaren formula one car, and the slowest, the pitiful Hunter Cavalry, but I've beaten formula ones in the cavalry many times online, its because the game does balance and car programming so darn well. The cars arent even close to realistic to drive, but the pseudo-real vehicles are all so beautifuly done, and painted, and just so damn fun to drive that once you've finished single player and move onto xbox live, you dont feel like you've actualy finished anything. It stays fresh, since races are very freeform(at the start of each, you just place a start and finish zone, then yell GO!) and a LOT of fun since its a hugely varied open world with massive amounts of shortcuts, alternate routes, and a bunch of hidden skate park like arenas full of jumps for your driving pleasure.

Burnout Paradise is an open world arcade racer as it should be, and one of the most entertaining and well made racing games Ive ever played. Midnight Club LA is the exact opposite, work towards the F1, drive the F1 for one race, game over. The biggest problem is that its all about the car's performance, not yours. It doesnt matter how good a driver you are, if your car is rubbish, your performance is rubbish. Speaking from online experience here, Paradise is the single best balanced racer Ive ever played, at the start grid most online players actualy get what they WANT to drive, not whats "fastest". A hierarchy does exist. the Nakamura drift car IS the best handling, the Watson Avenger V-16 IS the fastest and most powerful(2500 hp) and the Inferno IS the best at smashing the crud out of everyone else, but all the othe rcars you unlock on the way up arer all comparible to those if you drive well enough. Thats how gaming should be in this genre IMO, and why games like midnight club are destined to fall to the wayside to games like Split Second, Blur, and next gen Burnout games.

@The Black Ninja: I didn't want to finish the SI quest line when I bought the expansion pack so I waited a few weeks. Honestly the quests in Oblivion are terrible compared to Morrowinds. They all have the same plot: "I need this so go get it."

@Vindekarr: I actually liked Midnight Club LA over Paradise. Only because the crash scenes started getting annoying, but it was a really great game. MCLA was flawed horribly. The bikes had unmatched speed. The exotic class had terrible handling, and everything else just lost. I played for maybe a day and I unlocked the Group 4 cars and their second parts without completing 30% of the game. All i had to do was do Freeway races for a few hours on a bike and I unlocked most of the cars and the Idol rank. After that I didn't even try to finish the story line. Even online I didn't lose any races because I used a bike. Everything is unbalanced. I also played blur for a while. Its a really fun game

This game is STILL awesome, and I think it kicks GTA 4's ass. I couldn't get past the "All you had to do was follow the train, CJ!" mission, though.

Wasn't that mission one of the really early ones? I don't recall it being particularly difficult.