FAQS

Fraktyl

I just assisted a friend in doing all this, and we found that the issue he was having, which seems to be similar to the ones many are having, is that some of the text samples on this thread have minor typos, especially double spaces where they should be singular. Removing these caused it to work properly. Make absolutely sure there are no double spaces, especially either side of the hyphens in the names of the BSA files.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing, ArchiveInvalidation totally messed up FalloutNv, i shouldn't have installed it... now Doc Mitchel face is Purple, and a lot of other things are too...

[Archive]

SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt

iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1

iRetainFilenameStringTable=1

iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1

bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

bUseArchives=1

SArchiveList= Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

Edited by Tiagos360

Same thing, ArchiveInvalidation totally messed up FalloutNv, i shouldn't have installed it... now Doc Mitchel face is Purple, and a lot of other things are too...

[Archive]

SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt

iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1

iRetainFilenameStringTable=1

iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1

bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

bUseArchives=1

SArchiveList= Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

I fixed the typo in the FAQ above. Your SArchivelist line should look like:

My apologies for the confusion.

Well, that doesn't help me... it's the same thing.

If you remove the Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa from the SArchiveList line do all your textures re-appear?

Which ini file are you modifying? For best results do all 3 of them.

Which addons are you using to modify textures? If you use the SArchiveList line, it shouldn't affect any of the original textures unless you override them with an addon. Are you sure that you installed the addon correctly?

Well, that doesn't help me... it's the same thing.

If you remove the Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa from the SArchiveList line do all your textures re-appear?

Which ini file are you modifying? For best results do all 3 of them.

Which addons are you using to modify textures? If you use the SArchiveList line, it shouldn't affect any of the original textures unless you override them with an addon. Are you sure that you installed the addon correctly?

I used the one you gave in the thread, but i think FOMM has an AI too.. i don't know if i installed the addon correctly. The textures doesn't come back even when i modify 3 of them.

Could anyone tell me hoe to add mods to my fallout new vegas? I tried via steam addons but although I have the game launching via steam, the folder isnt there to add things into. I also tried adding the mods into the data file of the game itself but it wasnt having it. Any ideas people? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this was answered somewhere before, if so please give me the link.

But:

I was playing FNV and somehow I always ended up using a 9mm pistol (extended mags, scope). So i thought it would be nice to have a gun specially made for my character, like the 9mm that killed around 500 mobs.

So I downloaded GECK and after some difficulties i was good to go. I decided to place the new weapon in the Dino-Gift Shop in Novac, on the counter. Pulled out the 9mm from the menu, clicked on the model and started modifying. New name, new sound, new range and so on.

I read all the tutorials on creating weapons again and after I did everything mentioned there I thought I would be able to get the gun.

So I launched Fallout, checked that box right to the ESP file name and hit play.

Traveled to Novac: No gun. Checked where I put the gun in GECK, Dino-Giftshop. Went there again (after checking if the mod was really activated) and still there was no gun.

So I searched on the net for a solution, found out that some other people have the same problem, but never found a solution.

I bet i forgot something essential, but i can't seem to find it. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a link or explain it to me.

:thumbsup:

PS: And if someone is merciful enough to explain me how to increase Weapon-range, please explain^^

Edited by Amarazengiku

• 1 month later...