New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE) RELEASED!

Echelon

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but does anyone know where I can download NVSE? Currently nvse.silverlock.org just takes me to the Skyrim Special Edition page and I can't seem to download the files from said site.

Please, any help would be most welcome.

It must be something on your end. I just tried both FOSE and NVSE and they both worked.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound confused and perhaps new to playing a modded game. Suggest you read the following before going any further.

Please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for why the default Steam behavior of installing games to the "C:\Program Files" folder tree is bad and "disabling UAC and running as Administrator" is NOT sufficient, with instructions on how to move it. This is the single most important thing you can do to protect yourself against problems in the future.

Please follow the guidelines in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. This will get you more specific and quicker help than making us drag the information out of you, because we will eventually ask all those questions.

Please read the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. It's designed to help those new to FNV and modded games in general. Among other things it explains what a "script extender" like NVSE is and how to install it. (BTW: beta 3 is stable and recommended despite the label.) The "silverlock" site just provides "bare bones" to install and the file to download. This article covers some things it doesn't make clear. IF that isn't enough, please see the 'Checklist Item #4' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

• 2 years later...

Right, so I have NVSE in my Program Files (specifically "steamapps", "common", "Fallout New Vegas") and yet it still won't run. Can someone help me out?

Read and follow the post immediately before yours. Reading previous posts is an excellent way to find solutions for issues with the game.