All you need to know about Vampirism

Povuholo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know that someone of the Mages Guild (the 'leader' of each guild hall, usually) carry an empty GSG which can be easily pickpocketed when they're sleeping. Since you only need 5, and there are 7 Guild Halls (plus there's one empty GSG in a case at the Arcane University) you can easily finish the 5 GSG section of the quest without going on a wild-goose chase...and being a vampire, sneaking/pickpocketing the GSG's was fairly easy.

• 4 months later...

Nice guide http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/turned.gif

Quite simple. Break into a house (or walk into an inn) and find someone who is sleeping. When you press activate (Like you would do when talking to someone) you will get a few options. If you are sneaking you can choose between pickpocket and feed and if you are not sneaking you can choose between talk and feed. When you feed on someone there is a small chance he wakes up. If that happens, you will get a bounty. If someone else sees you feeding they will react.

Could I add though, that an excellent way of remaining fed is by finding beggars. Their bedrolls are usually in back alleys, and it makes the need for high security skill obsolete.

• 4 weeks later...
nice guide, and yes i agree, beggers are good targets, i once went around feeding on my fellow mages guild members.... hehe, although eventually one caught me and attacked for some reason

• 3 weeks later...

now, the far best mod of vampirism that I've found is the one that gives you the power to transform into mist, a bat, or a wolf. Also, it let's you use super strenght power, and super fast power. it's awesome!! =D

It's called something like Advanced Vampirism, or something, just search for "Vampirism" mods, you'll find it, I think, lol

• 3 months later...

I use one I just found about two days ago called "Nature of the Beast". It allows a bat, mist, and wolf transformation, as well as the ability to hide your vampire nature when you desire and some temporary vampire strength boosts. It also allows you to turn on and off things like damage from going into chapels and lets you choose to get stronger either by going longer without feeding OR get stronger the more you feed. It was a very small install and all of the various morphs and powers work very well. :thumbsup: I also use the vampire race disabler mod, basically retaining the red eyes but keeping an otherwise normal face (can't see it very well, but that's my vampiress in my avatar).

I used to play Oblivion all the time on PS3 when it was brand new, but someone warned me back then that vampirism couldn't be cured, and I wasn't interested in multiple characters back then, so I never contracted the disease. I killed some vampires, but never took a very close look at them in good lighting. Just recently I started playing with vamprisim and realized just how hideously ugly Oblivion vampires are. They're just a step up from zombies on the attractiveness scale, sort of like walking shriveled corpses. No wonder people tend to hate them so badly. :blink:

I know I'm rambling, but I think it kind of sucks that NPC's in Oblivion are so "anti-vampire". Any poor sucker wandering a dungeon could contract the disease and fail to be able to cure it, and anyone who's played a vampire knows that you are still in control of your senses despite the occasional need to feed (which does nobody any long term harm). So why does everyone treat you like a leper or a maniacal monster when you are still behaving like an upstanding citizen?

Edited by majikmonkee

• 1 month later...

I know I'm rambling, but I think it kind of sucks that NPC's in Oblivion are so "anti-vampire". Any poor sucker wandering a dungeon could contract the disease and fail to be able to cure it, and anyone who's played a vampire knows that you are still in control of your senses despite the occasional need to feed (which does nobody any long term harm). So why does everyone treat you like a leper or a maniacal monster when you are still behaving like an upstanding citizen?

Well how would you react if you were walking down the street (At night because vampires can't go out in sunlight) to be greeted by a rather ugly and maniacal creature who deep down most likely wants to suck every last piece of your delicious blood from your veins?

Just saying..

But Corrine is always very careful to leave some left over, plus, she never leaves a hickey. She is very much like Count Hassildor in that she controls her vampirism most of the time and uses her vampiric powers very much like any other super power. It's only when she goes without feeding that I let her dark side come out.