Crippled Limb Healing - not the issue I expected

Pthalo

[Never mind]

Why? I was just gonna react to your original comment, so that's why I'm asking.

It came off as more aggressive than I really wanted to, so I thought probably best to say nothing at all (unfortunately you can't delete your own posts on this board, but at least it lets you edit them lol. Some forums don't even allow that :c)

Edited by neonie

It came off as more aggressive than I really wanted to, so I thought probably best to say nothing at all (unfortunately you can't delete your own posts on this board, but at least it lets you edit them lol. Some forums don't even allow that :c)

I get your drift. I hate it too when boards restrict you like that. Your original comment was perfectly fine though.

I'm disappointed with that auto limb healing. I almost died in my first encounter because of it lol. A raider with a melee weapon was crippled to the legs, so I kept my distance without hurry to headshot him properly when magically he was healed, runned at me and hit me on the head. WTF ?

I love that tactical feature, don't understand why they mess it up. Hope we will fix that soon.

Whoaaa, snap that is not something I had considered. Likely because since discovering Hardcore mode halved my damage while improving my enemies, I got a mod so bullets overall do way more harm (with only a little gap between me and NPC's). So in general, everybody's going down in 3-4 shots instead of 30 for them, 2 for me. It teaches me to use cover, pick my moments, and crippled limbs can mean the difference between finding cover in time or dying. Eventually I'll find a mod to edit bullet scarcity and make me really savour those shots.

Buuuut not any more if crippling affects like, NOBODY. THANK YOU FOR THE WARNING!

I am not a programmer by any stretch. But! If I can open up something's code, there's a chance I can at least tinker with a few variables. If crippling works the way it did in FO3 mechanically... Ugh. Might still be waiting on that GECK. I'm better suited as a playtester anyway so perhaps it is for the best if I don't break my Fallout.

Edited by Pthalo

WOW this really pisses me off. DAMN IT game developers stop dumbing down game so fools and idiots on consoles can play without getting mad that they cant win because its too hard.That's what easy settings are for, but you have this in every difficulty mode.

This should only be in one game mode called baby mode, and it should only be for people that don't know how to play games and don't want to learn how to or get any better but just want to be lead by the hand through the game and told it'll be ok you cant die or get hurt just have "fun".How can you have fun when there is no challenge.It would be fine if the game was made for 10 year olds, but this game should not be made to cater to 10 year olds.Its not a game a 10 year old should be playing at all so don't make it as easy as one that would be.

If this game was not moddable I would really be mad about this, and will be irritated until the GECK comes out.

Edited by STE41k

Thank you very much for confirming that! Now I know I'm not crazy.

I can understand having a life and wanting to play games to de-stress, where playing on INSANITY DEATH MACHINE BEAR GRYLLS MODE is probably just stress-inducing. I respect that.

But for every person who just wants to be chill, there's folks like McC1oud, STE41k, and I who'd rather have our asses handed to us than our hands held. I respect that too.

Game modes difficulty scale need to cater to both at either extreme end of the spectrum. The end.

sequel post: big patch coming out next week: I am un-secretly hoping it is revealed that crippled limbs was meant to scale with game difficulty and it is currently bugged and not responding to difficulty changes.

Edited by Pthalo

Confirmed auto regen in survival.

Additional note: dunno how you guys play on the lower difficulty, survival isn't hard enough.

Depends on how far into the wasteland you go with your laser pistol. Not even kidding, if you didn't know: in Fallout 4 they don't scale enemies any more like they used to.

sequel post: big patch coming out next week: I am un-secretly hoping it is revealed that crippled limbs was meant to scale with game difficulty and it is currently bugged and not responding to difficulty changes.

Oh f*#@ yes! I'm also un-secretly hoping they'll introduce said Insanity Death Machine Bear Grylls Mode.

From here:

Given that Bethesda is going to be fine-tuning its sandbox a little at a time, there are no notes on what specific bugs it hopes to address the first time around. It probably won't make the game much easier though, as the developer insisted its lack of hand-holding is imperative to the Fallout experience.

Yes. Yes. Very imperative indeed.