Unofficial Skyrim patch or Legendary patch?

Murielkai

Decided to mod Skyrim again and changed up a few mods. I am noticing that some of the mods I want in this build have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch as their master and others (DynDOLOD's) have the Legendary version of the Unofficial Patch as their master.

What should I do? Is there some way to load both Unofficial Patches?

I have the same question. This is very confusing. I bought Skyrim on Steam Christmas 2015 sale. Now I'm trying to learn how to mod it. Following Gopher's Youtube tutorials here. Doesn't seem like anyone knows the answer to this question.

I can look up my version of Skyrim by going to the TESV.exe > right click > properties > details. What I get is that I have Skyrim version 1.9.32.0. Legendary version is suppose to be 1.9.32.0.8. So is that little decimal eight the distinguishing difference between a regular version of Skyrim and a Legendary? That's kinda close.

If I do not own a Legendary copy I cannot get the Legendary patch. My Skyrim is considered to old? Yes? Do I have this correct?

I didn't even know there was a Legendary copy of Skyrim out there when I bought this on Steam. I thought I was getting a deal just to get the DLC's included. How badly does not having the Legendary copy effect my modding? What if I want to make mods some day? Am I ruined with some old copy of Skyrim I can never mod?

Any clarification in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Ty.

There is no difference between the Legendary Edition of Skyrim and Skyrim with all the DLCs. If you're missing that 0.8 on your Skyrim version you may need to update through steam or it's possible steam just doesn't display the full number.

The Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch (USLEEP) requires all DLC. It is up to date and should absolutely be used instead of USKP (you cannot use both).

If you do not have all DLC you will have to use the USKP and the patches for the DLC you do have, but you will not be able to use the current version of mods that need USLEEP.

If you have some mods that use USKP, you can update them to use USLEEP with this tool: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71316/?

1.9.32.0.8 and 1.9.32.0 are both the same thing. The first is simply what the in-game menu reports, the second is usually what WIndows will report when hovering the mouse over the .exe file.

Nother question:

Does USLEEP include the DLC patches?

I mean it never really comes out and says that. It says exactly, "The goal of the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch (aka USLEEP) is to eventually fix every bug with Skyrim and its 3 DLCs not officially resolved by the developers to the limits of the Creation Kit and community-developed tools, in one easy-to-install package." So that means it has the DLC patches included or do I have to download those separately just like before when we used the old vanilla Unofficial Skyrim Patch?

yes USLEEP includes all DLC.

which means you MUST own all DLC in order to use USLEEP. All of this is on the mods description if you take the time to read it.

USLEEP was finally released due to majority of skyrim players having all the DLC now.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean to imply that I did not have the DLC's themselves. I mean I do not have the old DLC patches. What I am asking is do I need the old DLC patches or will USLEEP run without them?

And I did read everything but I am an autistic who thinks outside boxes and have to double and triple check to make sure I'm understanding what people are getting at. I think what is meant is that yes it does have the DLC patches but I'm checking here with you all who have done this before I ever came along.

Edited by BlackForestHering

I agree the USLEEP description could be a bit more clear on this point. USLEEP is a merged version of the unofficial skyrim, hearthfires, dragonborn, and dawnguard patches. It does not include the high res DLC patch and the high res DLC patch is still needed (as indicated in the description).

USLEEP has a small number of fixes in addition to what you can get from each individual patch. As more issues are found and fixed, the fixes will only be built into USLEEP. The individual patches will never update again.

The description is very clear on one point: you CANNOT run USLEEP and USKP together. Likewise, running USLEEP with any individual DLC patches will cause major issues.