Female Super Mutants

gyashaa

spend an hour or two and read the history of the FO universe. SM's are neither male or female, and all of them were 'mutated' using FEV, which removed any male or female traits (beyond hyper strength and hyper stupidity)

Think of it for a second, if you pump a female full of steroids, what do you get. A very, very manly looking woman. Her bewbs all but disappear (turn into massive chest muscles)

But really, just read the history, people here are being nice and polite but your attacking them. Its simply "NOT" Canon and would "NOT" fit within the FO universe. This is one of the things Bethesda is NOT being lazy about. (I Mean really, to call them on that for THIS of all things? Sort of ironic)

Think of it for a second, if you pump a female full of steroids, what do you get. A very, very manly looking woman. Her bewbs all but disappear (turn into massive chest muscles)

There are so many biology fails in this one sentence that I don't know where to start.

There are so many biology fails in this one sentence that I don't know where to start.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/443508/Steroids-female-bodybuilders-fitness-competition-dangers

Looks like someone doesn't know how to look stuff up before one posts.

Its a biological fact that steroid use WILL, without massive hormone treatments, diminish most(if not all) female physical characteristics, and almost turn a woman into a 'biological male' (Just without the dangly parts)

Its also a fact that if you castrate a male, the increase in muscle mass is quite substantial. The two 'traits' combined, would 'sort' of explain FEV results.

But really, just read the canon and I think you would be satisfied with 'current' super mutants.

(I would be alright with an 'alternate' supermutant strain which would be somewhat akin to what happened to 'centaurs' found in FO3/NV. Although centaurs are 'fails' - 'female' based SM's might be smaller, weaker, and faster than the brutish males, but would maybe be more tactical leaders.)

Except steroids like say, progesterone or estrogen or their various isomers/ similar molecule steroids. It will not make their sexual organs go away.
Even androgen steroids like testosterone won't even make women sterile. You remember that whole thing when Oprah had that "pregant man" who was a transman? A transman can even get all of the androgen hormones to turn the clitoris into (albeit small) penis and still get pregnant. They can even nurse babies.

You know what does make women not conceive? Higher levels of estradiol(estrogen)/ progesterone. That's how hormonal birth control works.

Super mutants from DC seem to be too stupid to identify themselves as anything.

Mariposa mutants like the ones in Fallout 1 have varying intelligence. The level of radiation the subject had before being thrown into the FEV vat has a very strong impact on the brain function of the resulting mutant.

Nightkin were the most superior and intelligent of the Master's super mutants. Generation 1 super mutants from Mariposa were also far superior than what you find later on. The whole reason the Master wanted to take the inhabitants of Vault 13 in Fallout 1 is because the pure genetics of vault dwellers would make optimal super mutants.

The higher level super mutants could very well identify themselves as male or female, even though sterilization renders the idea of gender and any sort of family structure for the sake of reproduction useless. However, it is made clear that any secondary sexual attributes on the physical side were pretty much lost in the evolution.

I'm not really sure what to think on the Boston super mutants however...

But anyways, Bethesda made the right call by not giving the super mutants gender. It would have been a slap in the face to all previous Fallout games to do such, and it would not have been worth it for the very, very, very, very low number of fans who think they need female super mutants.

But the beauty of modding is that the minority can make what they dream if they want it bad enough, so I wish you the best of luck with that.

Thumbs up to Bethesda for making the right call though.

I remember, in Fallout 2 there was a town with quite a few docile Super Mutants, some remembered their gender, though they were physically genderless and sterile.

So, yeah, I agree with all of it, including doing a mod to produce female Muties, go nuts.

I remember, in Fallout 2 there was a town with quite a few docile Super Mutants, some remembered their gender, though they were physically genderless and sterile.

So, yeah, I agree with all of it, including doing a mod to produce female Muties, go nuts.

I am making an entire town of super mutants as well as bringing Mariposa mutants (The Master's army in Fallout 1, mostly via Gammorin's army in Fallout Tactics) to the Commonwealth. I am very much going into the idea that mutants can have more to them than 'must smash things' like Stong in Fallout 4...

The biggest issue for the super mutants and the central point of my mod is trying to find the cure for super mutant sterility. Erkl who was the super mutant scientist back in Fallout Tactics makes a cameo in my mod at one point, while the new Gammorin is desperately trying to find ways to continue on 'the master race'.

Super mutants basically don't get sick and don't age, but nobody every really plays off the idea that these guys can be almost 200 years old, and have grown very weary and frustrated by their inability to produce future generations.

So anyways, I will have mutants that act a bit more female, and if I have the time maybe have them dress female. But without the idea of traditional family structure there would be a different kind of social role for such characters. I'm still trying to wrap my head around just exactly how super mutant culture would work.

I don't like the view them as just big green people, they would have had cultural changes as a result of who they are as super mutants and I really want that to reflect.

I'm not going to make super mutants that look female, because I am trying to be very lore friendly with my particular project. I however think it would be a great idea for a mod that is admiringly throwing lore out the window to have such a thing. Just don't kid yourself and even attempt to make it lore, because then it just seems like you are trying to hard and is kind of sad.

But go for it, modding doesn't have to be lore friendly. I love non lore friendly mods, I just happened to choose a very lore based topic for my project, so I personally am not breaking lore.

I remember a terminal in Vault 87 (Fallout 3) mentioning that the FEV "straightens out" sexes, removing any difference between male and female.

In short, Super Mutants are male nor female.

Edited by Obituary