G.E.C.K Script problem!

bigman28

This is my first time using the Geck so tell me if there is any problem here. I just can't save any of my custom scripts.

scn SMtestqueststage10triggerSCRIPT

begin onTriggerEnter player

if getstage SMtestquest < 10

setstage SMtestquest 10

endif

end

I mean you need to create the quest before referencing it in scripts (actually all references objects must be created first before can be used in scripts).

Edit: On a second thought... I wonder if is Windows Vista or 7 and the game was installed on C:\Program Files (x86)... that would explain many things.

Edited by nosisab

Did you first create the quest in the object box, giving it a name, ID, etc?

Oh, you also might've missed this step for the stages in that tutorial.

"Re-Open the "VT74" quest we just created. Open the "Quest Stages" tab. There are no stages here, so let's go ahead and create our two stages now. Right-click in the "index" column on the left side of the Quest Dialog. Select "new" from the pop-up menu. Enter "10" as the Stage Index. Repeat this process to create stage "100"."

Edited by Jeux

okay let me get more detailed here.

I did create a quest in the object menu named SMtestquest. under the quest stages tab there is an index of 10 and 100, under 10 I left everything blank but the result script which I typed "SetObjectiveDisplayed SMtestquest 10 1".

under 100 everything is blank but the 'complete quest' is checked so Yes... I did create the quest.

and yes I'm running windows 7

Still stuck on this guys!

thank you for your help on all this, so please help me with this problem.

by the way the mod i'm working on has over three hundred 'man hours' put into it.

"Rumor is the guy from the Sierra Madre, you know the founder of the place is alive and inviting more people to his mansion"

running on Windows 7 is not a problem... unless the game was installed in the "default" C:\Program Files (x86).

If it is installed on that "non blessed" directory, the best thing to do is a complete uninstall and reinstall in an user created folder. Windows treat that and some other folders with increased security measures (on the MS viewpoint) which translate for all kind of "access rights" related problems (on the user viewpoint)...

I'm supposing this because the script does not seen to have errors (since the quest is already created)...

PS: Of course you`ll want to save the work already done before reinstalling (if is the case). Bben46 does have an excellent tutorial explaining how to do it with almost no pain.

Edited by nosisab

Ok, my fallout NV and G.E.C.K file is under "Computer - OS - program files (x86) - Steam - Steam111 - SteamApps - Common - fallout NV"

is that what you needed to know?