What do you dislike the most?

Kanori24

<snip>

I dislike the fact I watched the movie M. A. S. H. after I got out of the military. Imo now appears to be a protest movie disguised as a Comedy declaring just how in reality people were in the Vietnam field of policing the area which did not get our President to declare War so we American Veterans of the Vietnam Era that were captured did not receive the treatment described in the Geneva Convention Rules on proper treatment of POW's.

Donald was married to Jane, Elliot was married to Barbara, and both Donald, Elliot, and their wives made the top list of the stars and married couples list in the, "Who was a famous Celebrity Power Cuple when you were born?"

Now I dislike myself for watching it twice, buying it for my video collection and watching the Television version of M. A. S. H. too!

I wonder if that means my Karma will be bad because I did not know all of this before I nearly died while being trained to be a U. S. MARINE? I guess I should of read those newspapers, pamphlets, and flyers being passed around while walking in a dense fog in Burbank. The plane landed in Burbank but the fog was so dense no flights could leave or land after the one I was on did.. When I walked from the airport to the bus depot I saw taillights on a car and bumped into a palm tree before I saw it. I kept hearing all sorts of newsies shouting their papers headlines. Maybe I should of taken the hint and got lost in the fog; instead of thinking like a comic book hopeful of becoming a Hero?

Oh! Wait? Maybe because I tend to see no one else gives my words here much attention when I am serious, I am! I am in a state of oblivion in their thinking and they can't see through their hate, disgust, and mean mistreated state of mind which leaves their minds in a mental fog?

You may rationalize any way you wish. If you want a Purple Heart for your MCRD boo-boo, I'll give you one of mine. If you wish to diminish my feeling, I cannot stop you.

Just know that Jane Fonda worked hard to earn my hatred, and I cannot bring myself to disappoint her.

I hate Jane Fonda.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike the fact I watched the movie M. A. S. H. after I got out of the military. Imo now appears to be a protest movie disguised as a Comedy declaring just how in reality people were in the Vietnam field of policing the area

Now I dislike myself for watching it twice, buying it for my video collection and watching the Television version of M. A. S. H. too!

M.A.S.H. was framed against the Korean war, not Vietnam. The M.A.S.H. style of show regarding the Vietnam war was China Beach, and it wasn't particularly popular (probably because it wasn't relevant in the late 80's). Regardless, the underlying criticism (shown in M.A.S.H) was still relevant, and still relevant in relation to our current practices in the Middle East; a situation where many are against continued operation, but where the government agenda and laws of unintended consequence requires our participation. Meanwhile, actors don't have to be smart, don't have to be right, don't even have to care about how people will like them afterwards. Jane Fonda isn't the first dumb *censored* in the world, isn't the last. The purpose of the arts is to say the sorts of things which are not being said by the dominant media, to provide contrast to the rhetoric, to spur discussion instead of parrot the sentiments of political figures. It's understandable you have this mistaken, they've been failing in their role in recent years, somewhat because the common person has become too dim to tell the difference between fact and opinion. The nice thing about an opinion is that you don't have to agree with it or accept it as truth, meanwhile facts (as long as they're supported by evidence) are not something you have to agree with or like for them to be true... Something forgotten these days. We've become too quick to argue against fact just because we don't like it being said, too quick to accept opinions as absolutes just because we agree with them.

<snip>

I dislike the fact I watched the movie M. A. S. H. after I got out of the military. Imo now appears to be a protest movie disguised as a Comedy declaring just how in reality people were in the Vietnam field of policing the area which did not get our President to declare War so we American Veterans of the Vietnam Era that were captured did not receive the treatment described in the Geneva Convention Rules on proper treatment of POW's.

Donald was married to Jane, Elliot was married to Barbara, and both Donald, Elliot, and their wives made the top list of the stars and married couples list in the, "Who was a famous Celebrity Power Cuple when you were born?"

I wonder if that means my Karma will be bad because I did not know all of this before I nearly died while being trained to be a U. S. MARINE? I guess I should of read those newspapers, pamphlets, and flyers being passed around while walking in a dense fog in Burbank. The plane landed in Burbank but the fog was so dense no flights could leave or land after the one I was on did.. When I walked from the airport to the bus depot I saw taillights on a car and bumped into a palm tree before I saw it. I kept hearing all sorts of newsies shouting their papers headlines. Maybe I should of taken the hint and got lost in the fog; instead of thinking like a comic book hopeful of becoming a Hero?

Oh! Wait? Maybe because I tend to see no one else gives my words here much attention when I am serious, I am! I am in a state of oblivion in their thinking and they can't see through their hate, disgust, and mean mistreated state of mind which leaves their minds in a mental fog?

You may rationalize any way you wish. If you want a Purple Heart for your MCRD boo-boo, I'll give you one of mine. If you wish to diminish my feeling, I cannot stop you.

Just know that Jane Fonda worked hard to earn my hatred, and I cannot bring myself to disappoint her.

I hate Jane Fonda.

I dislike the fact I watched the movie M. A. S. H. after I got out of the military. Imo now appears to be a protest movie disguised as a Comedy declaring just how in reality people were in the Vietnam field of policing the area

M.A.S.H. was framed against the Korean war, not Vietnam. The M.A.S.H. style of show regarding the Vietnam war was China Beach, and it wasn't particularly popular (probably because it wasn't relevant in the late 80's). Regardless, the underlying criticism (shown in M.A.S.H) was still relevant, and still relevant in relation to our current practices in the Middle East; a situation where many are against continued operation, but where the government agenda and laws of unintended consequence requires our participation. Meanwhile, actors don't have to be smart, don't have to be right, don't even have to care about how people will like them afterwards. Jane Fonda isn't the first dumb *censored* in the world, isn't the last. The purpose of the arts is to say the sorts of things which are not being said by the dominant media, to provide contrast to the rhetoric, to spur discussion instead of parrot the sentiments of political figures. It's understandable you have this mistaken, they've been failing in their role in recent years, somewhat because the common person has become too dim to tell the difference between fact and opinion. The nice thing about an opinion is that you don't have to agree with it or accept it as truth, meanwhile facts (as long as they're supported by evidence) are not something you have to agree with or like for them to be true... Something forgotten these days. We've become too quick to argue against fact just because we don't like it being said, too quick to accept opinions as absolutes just because we agree with them.

I've done my best to act to get this fuse put out. Writing to pose a different direction, showing how confused people get when hatred stepped into their blissful space, and throws punch in the face of child who had no reason to receive one and knew not that what was about to happen was because some clod was angry and the child just happened to be in the line of sight of that person full of hate as the person bulldogged through the path they blazed.

You both prove that you will prove your wisdom in the face of ignorance when you can't even see the person you HATE or wish to admonish for their apparent ignorance. You can't know if a person is leading you off the HATE Trail, You can't see the expression on the face of the child you punched after the girl or boy falls to the ground and you storm on in your madness blinded by your wisdom and HATE.

I've been trying you. Trying to get you off the F UC K ING beat before your language and you superior intellectual height of conceit hurts some child who hasn't even learned enough to know you've become a tyrant of hate or Goat Beard of Wisdom.

<snip>

Jane Fonda isn't the first dumb *censored* in the world, isn't the last.

<snip>

You are absolutely correct. But two million of my brethren and I were her target, so for me and others it is personal. Jane Fonda is our very own, very personal "dumb *censored*".

<snip>

I hate Jane Fonda.

I've done my best to act to get this fuse put out. Writing to pose a different direction, showing how confused people get when hatred stepped into their blissful space, and throws punch in the face of child who had no reason to receive one and knew not that what was about to happen was because some clod was angry and the child just happened to be in the line of sight of that person full of hate as the person bulldogged through the path the blazed.

You both prove that you will prove your wisdom in the face of ignorance when you can't even see the person you HATE or wish to admonish for their apparent ignorance. You can't know if a person is leading you off the HATE Trail, You can't see the expression on the face of the child you punched after the girl or boy falls to the ground and you storm on in your madness blinded by your wisdom and HATE.

I've been trying you. Trying to get you off the F UC K ING beat before your language and you superior intellectual height of conceit hurts some child who hasn't even learned enough to know you've become a tyrant of hate or Goat Beard of Wisdom.

You are attempting to put out a fire by pouring gasoline on it. If you wish to defuse the discourse, you cannot succeed by being obtuse, insulting, condescending, confrontive and dismissive. So should you happen past a mirror, look there to see one more contributor to hate and punched children.

<snip>

<snip>

You are absolutely correct. But two million of my brethren and I were her target, so for me and others it is personal. Jane Fonda is our very own, very personal "dumb *censored*".

I am an Ex-Marine. MARINE! Why do you think I have been following this? have been pacing myself alongside you until you reason with the facts of life that lay before us. Do you think you will ever get to see Jane Fonda Face to Face? Remember this! "Marines don't die, We go to HELL to regroup!" If she is shows up in HELL we'll all be there to greet her.

<snip>

<snip>

I am an Ex-Marine. MARINE! Why do you think I have been following this? have been pacing myself alongside you until you reason with the facts of life that lay before us. Do you think you will ever get to see Jane Fonda Face to Face? Remember this! "Marines don't die, We go to HELL to regroup!" If she is shows up in HELL we'll all be there to greet her.

Were you a Marine, you would know that the only EX-Marines are dishonorably discharged scumbags. The rest of us remain Marines until the world throws dirt on our box.

<snip>

<snip>

Were you a Marine, you would know that the only EX-Marines are dishonorably discharged scumbags. The rest of us remain Marines until the world throws dirt on our box.

Yeah, you're correct! I was crippled, I was sent to my duty station, and used for hospital experimentation, I was Honorably Discharged because I didn't fail to do my duty. But you failed to get to know me before you made any further comments. You and all the rest of the less investigative sorts who learn, but never experience what I have; before I learned what it was they never had never experienced it; child.