Skyrim- Werewolf: The Dark Ages Mod

Caille

Rough Mod plan outline.

Werewolf Dark Ages Skyrim will be a mod dedicated to making the Werewolves of Skyrim much more gratifying to play and become, much of it will draw on Werewolf the Apocalypse Dark Ages and Modern Nights. It will be content heavy and if done right will be the kind of mod you could sink your entire gameplay experience into. It will run concurrently with the main mission and will play well with Dragon Born abilities.

When a player is turned into a Werewolf by the Companions there will be the choice to play as the default Garou Tribe; The Fenrir, or Get of Fenris or to choose a different tribe (I will be including Fianna, Silent Striders, Stargazers. Shadow Lords, Silver Fangs and White Howlers). Tribes will have access to different powers aka Gifts. Each tribe will have a different look as well, and much better looking Werewolves will be done as swift as they can be.

Werewolves will have access to 5 forms, their base Player Character Form (Homid), base character look with minor buffs (Glabro); also makes women use muscular mod if the author gives me permission), Werewolf Form (Crinos), DireWolf (Hispo). and Wolf Form (Lupus), Different forms will have different Strengths and Weaknesses.

I hope to be able to not only enable Werewolves to loot and equip as well as use the character menu, but also to design some gear and equipment just for them and making certain it is showing in all appropriate forms. If I can I will also give them specialized Garou weapons. Klaives, and Grand Klaives included.

Various "new" members of the Companions will be flagged to offer various starter quests that will lead you into learning about the various tribes and lead to quests for them. These quests will also lead to choosing an Auspice in your tribe, and gaining access to the Auspice abilities as well. The Five Auspices are Ragabash (Trickster/Thief), Theurge (Spellcaster/Spirit Guide), Philidox (Judge and Mediator), Galiiard (Bard), and Ahroun (Warrior).

Quests for the Garou Nation can lead up to becoming named the King of the Garou Nation itself. A right reserved for Dragonborn Garou.

I plan to add over 100 quests (goal is 250+ really, 175 Garou Nation, 75 Spiral Dancer) or more to this mod at several dozen locations.

Cairns will be introduced to the game.

If I can the Umbra will be introduced. Though this may be a long term part of the project.

The corruption of the Wyrm will enter Skyrim and their will even be at least one or two Wyrm Dragons if we can make dragons. If I can I will add a flag that can enable the corruption of Alduin, when this happens all Dragons he wakes become Wyrm Tainted Dragons. Only happens if player is playing a Werewolf and is a certain point in the quests for them.

I will introduced Formori and mutated humans to the game.

I will introduce Black Spiral Dancers, a splinter corrupted offshoot of the White Howlers. Howlers will find themselves pursued by Dancers often.

Players will be able to fall to the Spiral if they wish, and there will be a Spiral in Skyrim, Garou who enter it run the risk of turning.

Turned Garou who join the Dancers can get Wyrm Gifts.

There will be a whole Black Spiral Questline.

The entire mod will be voice acted.

Once I am done with the scripts I will be looking for others to work on this mod and potential voice actors or my wife and I will do it ourselves if I cannot find volunteers.

Alexis

*smiles*

Edited by Caille

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a whole since I have modded but I did 4 entire revamps of Diablo 2 back in my heyday including one with ReiyoOki where were redid the entire storyline start to finish. I've done some minor GECK work with Fallout.

Have the gumption, need the tools. So waiting on the equivalent of a GECK

Alexis

*smiles*

As far as voice actors go you might want to find a good free auto-tuner or sound editor of some sort to make the voice acting manageable. I wouldn't trust half of the volunteers you get to make a good werewolf voice let alone an attractive normal voice.

If i figure out the modding tools when they come out i would love to help you on your mod. Just don't count on my assistance until i see the tools.

Werewolves are a little...underpowered, in my opinion. Considering all you give up to become one, that is:

-No town

-No unlocking

-no loot

-no healing

-no magic

-no weapons

-no blocking

-no resting perks

Seems you should get a little more in the exchange than the 2.5 min. wolf form offers. I would eagerly assist with mods to make this happen. In fact, I will power them up as soon as possible, once the Creation Kit comes out. But something grander still would not hurt, either.

If you could include a first-person view feature for Werewolves in this, that would be AWESOME! I'm not a big fan of third-person views, especially when the animations are a little...awkward, as they are in this game. It's also just so much more immersive to stay in first-person (for me, anyway).