Skyrim- Werewolf: The Dark Ages Mod

Caille

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will do the mod in waves, and publish it in pieces at least til I redo it all as the main mod. I am getting started nowish, with notes on my plans, unpacking the game files and installing all my graphics work software. Also have begun writing my scripts to figure out how many VAs I will need. Steps are underway, I will make this mod even if it takes me a good while to get it done.

Alexis

*smiles*

Alrighty got the game unpacked, and am now figuring out what tools I will need. Any suggestions aside from Havok, Havok Tools, Havok Behavior with Maya Plugin, Maya and 3dsMax, Photoshop, and some sort of sound studio for my VA work?

Ambitious project ahead and so I need to make sure I have the toolset at my disposal to pull this off.

Script writing is also underway and the call for VAs should occur within the next 90 days. Voice talent I will be very selective of, as a female VA and a HUGE Werewolf: The Apocalypse fan, I am and will be a bit picky. My mod will stand out for it's amazing VA work if I have my way of it. A demo reel of your voice would be deal, but as not all gamer fans are VAs for a living even in part, I cannot expect you all to have demos.

Alexis

*smiles*

Please remit your desire to help to [email protected]

I am looking for the following,

Voice Actors

Writers

Texture and Model Artists

Character Model Designers

Weapon and Item Designers

Level Designers

Experienced Modders for various parts of the mod.

We will be forming a team and all members of the project will receive full and proper credit.

Edited by Caille

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried the "Werewolf the Awakening" for Oblivion? It's not too similar to your ideas, but they share a few things in common.

The thing I least liked about it was that combat in wolf form was very clunky.

Also while it made sense (no thumbs), you couldn't activate anything at all. Or interact much beyond combat.

But I suspect these were more because oblivion limitations than anything.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35360

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried the "Werewolf the Awakening" for Oblivion? It's not too similar to your ideas, but they share a few things in common.

The thing I least liked about it was that combat in wolf form was very clunky.

Also while it made sense (no thumbs), you couldn't activate anything at all. Or interact much beyond combat.

But I suspect these were more because oblivion limitations than anything.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35360

Never heard of it before now. Main reason I am doing this is I am a HUGE Werewolf the Apocalypse fan. And seeing you could become a Werewolf in game it made me ever so excited, til it happened. Upon realizing how much of the negatives I wanted to gut and how much I wanted to revamp the experience I got around to thinking of where I would invariably draw my Werewolf inspiration from. And so the mod was conceptually born. But seeing as how I am as big of fan of the Apocalypse as I am, I have no doubt I will see it through even if it takes a year.

I will check out the mod you mentioned, but honestly in the end, I will do this mod the way it needs to be done.

One side thing about Werewolves in my mod, you will still not wear normal armors in Crinos, Hispo or Lupus forms. You will gain massive buffs to your various forms and will be able to equip "Garou Combat Harness, Garou Spirit Bracers, Garou Leg Wraps, and Garou Totemic Helms" while in those forms that will serve as your armor. Names subject to change. In Homid and Glabro you can wear human armors.

I have been thinking long and hard about the Sons of Man, aka Iron Riders, aka Glass Walkers would be included if I included them. I came to the decision that if I included them they would be slightly smaller, slightly weaker, but would be able to interact with any humans without penalty and will be able to wear human armors in all forms but Hispo and Lupus. One of the reasons I will shrink them down a bit is that they should be able to be the most integrated into Human society.

Their inclusion is not a guarantee though.

Alexis

*smiles*

Edited by Caille

sounds like a great mod...would make lycans much cooler...also if you do make this mod and release it...please make the werewolf jump higher...i was expecting to be able to run across town and jump onto a roof to stalk my prey...it was a bit disappointing to see that i could barely clear a fence.

Alrighty got the game unpacked, and am now figuring out what tools I will need. Any suggestions aside from Havok, Havok Tools, Havok Behavior with Maya Plugin, Maya and 3dsMax, Photoshop, and some sort of sound studio for my VA work?

Ambitious project ahead and so I need to make sure I have the toolset at my disposal to pull this off.

Script writing is also underway and the call for VAs should occur within the next 90 days. Voice talent I will be very selective of, as a female VA and a HUGE Werewolf: The Apocalypse fan, I am and will be a bit picky. My mod will stand out for it's amazing VA work if I have my way of it. A demo reel of your voice would be deal, but as not all gamer fans are VAs for a living even in part, I cannot expect you all to have demos.

Alexis

*smiles*

Please remit your desire to help to [email protected]

I am looking for the following,

Voice Actors

Writers

Texture and Model Artists

Character Model Designers

Weapon and Item Designers

Level Designers

Experienced Modders for various parts of the mod.

We will be forming a team and all members of the project will receive full and proper credit.

what exactly is your mod about. i can do retextures pretty well. i am also a great designer as far as weapons and armor goes...im a good artist and could submit some concepts arts but am not yet trained in a 3d modeling program. also would be willing to try some voice acting, i think i could do a pretty good job.

Sorry for the belated reply, had oral surgery today to remove an infected impacted wisdom tooth. Half drooling in la la land as I type this.

The mod is about enriching the werewolf experience by drawing on the vast lore at our fingertips from the great tabletop RPG Werewolf: The Apocalypse. Using ideas from WW:tA and making them fit into the world of Skyrim and then using that to make the Werewolf part of the game far more satisfying by adding lore, quests, conflict and new baddies. Players will learn that the Garou differ from the beast packs that serve Hiricine.

I guess I could list it as a rough changelog if that helps. Let me write one up. If you have an interest in helping let me know via email.

Alexis

*smiles*