Skyrim 1.2 patch

MorwynKelm

EDIT/UPDATE:

The 1.2 patch is a borked. Adding some tips from users, add more and I'll include them here

Here are a few things to know and do before launching via Steam:

- BACKUP YOUR SAVES!

Copy the entire C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves\ folder to another location!

- Bugged UI:

Backup/delete Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini from the /Documents/Skyrim folder. Launch Skyrim and it will create new INI files.

- Disable Autoupdate via Steam!

Although Steam seems to "force" the download. :(

The 'patch' is rumored to be pulled before the end of the day. It's to be avoided until they can fix these problems.

--

It doesn't address any of the quest bugs and seems to only add more; dragons that fly backwards, low-end textures, etc. Rumor has it that it's been pulled, can anyone confirm?

Worst of all, they are no longer allowing LAA support? WHAT?!?

NO MORE LAA SUPPORT?!?

Edited by Morwyn Kelm

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That link its to the exe patch from a week or so ago that made it so you launch tesV.exe it had to launch steam to like NV, the 4gig patch has been fixed for ages to support it.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013 4gig patch

The LAA thing is aimed at the previous patch where they locked down the exe file. The current 4gb fix on the Nexus here still works just fine.

That said, the new patch is definitely a major gamebreaker. Some folks are having no problems, but I just logged in and saw that somehow it decided to delete my last several savegames. Now I have to get Volendrung all over again. Angry doesn't even begin to cover this.... :wallbash:

Posts on the official forum are not looking goodPosts on the official forum are not looking good. There are way too many issues to consider getting this patch. It sounds more like a hotfix but breaks more than it fixes? The LAA issue is yet to be seen for the new patch. Broken resistances? Resistance is futile!

After the patch downloaded and I launched the game the menu options do not even appear (Continue, New , Load etc.) Has anyone else had this issue?

Yeah, I have the same problem. I don't exactly know how to fix it/whats wrong. It seems that no one else is talking about it...

I am staying in offline mode on Stream to play Skyrim ever since the Stream update appeared and I had a force download. The original release of the game was better than with the Stream and now Beth updates. The Stream update caused numerous problems and now the Beth update is doing the same. I got caught with the Stream update and learned a lesson. I did not get caught with today's Beth update. Glad I waited to see the response from folks who had download Beth patch 1.2. I am sorry for all of you who got burned by the patch. Looks like I will be staying in offline mode until Beth fixes all the crap it has caused. How long that will take who knows.