⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim 1.2 patch

MorwynKelm

I think the whole thing about save games being deleted is BS. There is no way that installing a patch will delete save games in a folder in a completely different part of the drive that is not affected.

Some idiot just probably forgot to save his game the last time he played.

The game autosaves every time you walk into a new cell. Not exactly sure how not saving manually will make that much a difference.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The looking controls are screwed up, whatever my look sensitivity is set to, I move the mouse barely a centimeter up or down and I'm staring at either the sky or the ground. >_< And that's from a few seconds of gameplay. "

My attempt to help/

Delete your ini files and let the game create new ones. This fixed it for me and others have been suggesting the same thing. It's the tweaks to the ini files that are messing this up. Just copy your tweaks on to the newly made ini files.

Okay, how do I have it create new ones? Just start the game up?

"The looking controls are screwed up, whatever my look sensitivity is set to, I move the mouse barely a centimeter up or down and I'm staring at either the sky or the ground. >_< And that's from a few seconds of gameplay. "

My attempt to help/

Delete your ini files and let the game create new ones. This fixed it for me and others have been suggesting the same thing. It's the tweaks to the ini files that are messing this up. Just copy your tweaks on to the newly made ini files.

Okay, how do I have it create new ones? Just start the game up?

Yes just start your game and re-do whatever settings have reset and then exit the game normally.

"Wish I had done the same.

Have sameeproblem as others - game only show skyrim dragon no continue/Load meanu

115 hours without any problems and now unable to play the game - since steam loaded the patch."

i have this exact same problem.. what the hell

Edited by Vessan

From the official forums:

http://forums.bethso...ame-post-patch/

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

If you're having trouble running Skyrim after today's small Steam patch, please try the following:

1. Right click on the game in the Steam library and select Properties

2. Navigate to the "Local Files" tab

3. Click "Verify integrity of game cache"

Also note that verifying your game cache will reset your SkyrimPrefs.ini file. If you are manually editing settings in that file, create a backup prior to verifying the cache.

Edit - I'm still at work so have no idea of the status of mine yet.