Bralsa Andaren won't train me.

olnorton

I've posted yesterday about a journal entry required for this quest,but I've just tested it myself on older save,with the quest update required,and I couldn't train with Bralsa Andaren. She kept repeating over and over,that I should go away,as I frighten the animals lol. Her disposition to my PC was 89,so it's not about being disliked,it just wouldn't work.

I agree with previous post from pedantic.It looks like the condition for dialogue isn't correctly assigned,but it can as well be a mod conflict.It requires a new vanilla start to check.If there is still a problem,than maybe it's a case for Unofficial Oblivion patch.

• 5 months later...

I've posted yesterday about a journal entry required for this quest,but I've just tested it myself on older save,with the quest update required,and I couldn't train with Bralsa Andaren. She kept repeating over and over,that I should go away,as I frighten the animals lol. Her disposition to my PC was 89,so it's not about being disliked,it just wouldn't work.

I agree with previous post from pedantic.It looks like the condition for dialogue isn't correctly assigned,but it can as well be a mod conflict.It requires a new vanilla start to check.If there is still a problem,than maybe it's a case for Unofficial Oblivion patch.

I have this exact same issue.

• 4 months later...

I'm not a modder, but I think the problem might be UOP. From https://www.afkmods.com/Unofficial%20Oblivion%20Patch%20Version%20History.html :

v3.5.0 (2014-06-30)

Bralsa Andaren was meant to shoo the player away while she was hunting deer and her training quest had not advanced far enough.

In the CS, it looks like the dialogue to start the quest has a condition that checks to make sure she's not running that deer hunting (find 100 Venison) AI package. However, she only has two packages, sleep at 23 and the deer hunting package. I was able to get her to advance the quest for me two ways: 1) talking to her with UOP disabled; 2) waiting until past her bedtime to talk to her.

A better solution would be to lower that absurd find 100 Venison requirement by an order of magnitude and create another package that can run when she has enough Venison. But I'm not a modder. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've run a series of tests and found the following works:

Add the condition GetStage TrainingDestruction < 10 to Greeting 0018B198 ("Go away, stranger. You frighten the animals, and make my work more difficult.")

Add the condition GetStage TrainingDestruction >= 10 to Greeting 0018B192 ("What are you doing here? What do you want?")

Your best chance to catch Bralsa is when she's sleeping near the wayshrine. Wake her up and she'll agree to train you if you've done the above.

EDIT: Just to clarify, changing both greetings will allow you to ask for training when she's actively chasing something (assuming you can catch her!) but only the second is necessary if she's just walking or at the wayshrine. Personally, I favour changing just the second, as Bralsa doesn't strike me as the sort to appreciate interruptions. :laugh:

Edited by zymurgy65