Deleting with Fo3 Edit

Mktavish

Shoot the hill and high light where you want "A house", top shot and horizontal shot please.

one of them It's part of a quest. But this one may not be.

Notouch.jpg

Don't delete the house in springvale.

Edited by Purr4me

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for coming and giving some input ... but ,Wow lots of stuff there that went over my head. How about we start with you looking at my file.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/22319/?

This is the base file I would like to build the next version from , instead of having to start over from scratch.

Because as you can see it was a lot of tedious work to size and position all those pieces together.

And unfortunately the first thing I did when making this file , was delete the ranch destroyed house and those 2 boarded up peices. Maybe one of those utility poles I think also. Can't remember what F03edit was showing last time I looked.

But anyways , I've done a test run where I select all of my peices , picking the house up and moving it to the location just west of this one up on the cliff. After moving the ruined house that was there first though.

Then I took Fo3edit and deleted the yellow highlighted reference entries , plus the navmeshes.

And as far as I can tell it put the ranch destroyed back like it was with vanilla ... also the navmesh returned to vanilla.

But I'm going to do another run with it , where I shape the land more suitable at the new location. Then follow the same procedure.

What you think ?

Edited by Mktavish

FO3Edit_3_0_26_EXPERIMENTAL-637-3-0-26EXP

Please investigate the error reports on that version, incorrect version to use on this game. That versions had issues.

If you have any doubts ask Harrylegs222, he'll set you straight. Gawd only knows the hell he went true.

I use the buggy versions that do buggy things becasue UI use the bugs them selves to uncover things you might not consider, then once found, I use what you see in some screening posted, but 3.0.21 is what we use. or 3.0.31

Less default settings removed.

Downloading file to my phone, I am out and about. I need you to take a picnic table and drop it in the center of the zone on the spot you intend to build, position it length wise to reflect door to door of the houses doors you intend to use on that spot, save that and send it to me.

Edited by Purr4me

on though looking at a giant pile of parts for some one else in a ware house where I am standing I thought maybe info about the bugs encountered thru birth of the program might be of use, Go to AFK mods WIPz edit's pages and start reading the posts.

Those are basically dev posts along with them are discussions of Q&A and fixes made.

I will not post there. "Personal"

there is also github dev site too. read between the lines if you want to learn things. All is not so black and white.