Deleting with Fo3 Edit

Mktavish

Do you see any problems with that ?

Nope.

xedit versions I use for debugging bugs produced by it start from 3.1.15 and up, I like 3.1.2 for specif types of bugs, but with all the packages I have assembled just the correct fixed scripts made to work correctly with all of Motors software and the asset manager in xedit's Edit folder.

Guilty of following every post they ever made "yes", hoe else would I know what is what. AFK, Dark's, Github as I fork the software my self.

Don't let others make up some sort of misunderstanding of how I feel, since 2008, this program has been around and has grown.

As you can see, I'm only interested in the code and an out come.

If you stack the data ? on lessor power houses machines, this will bog down the processing. OR it may set the stage for other strange things.

There is an Argo radius that surrounds the Virtibird spot where the enclave solders pop up..as you go up from the spot you chosen.

I use older versions to see what was set to be ignored so I can know if there is a problem.

Newer versions of the tools are made so a lot of stuff considered set to ignore /harmless, are in reality harmless if too much is not seen.

Dialog transfers , you need that last version made 3.1.3 as it manages to merge the data without choking on it's self. Still to date, not all data will transfer, sound files for example or face gen things, voice files get skipped.

I am totally taken out of context about discussing a "seems to be protected program" (xedit) IF you have not walked in my shoes, best not confront me because you won't be aware of what I am aware of.

I liked this mod, it dam cool, but it is not new, there are others that made things like this.

Any advice I might provide is never delete anything ever in the game..all of the main software every one draws from and you set your self up for ridicule as I set my self up for it too. I can handle it, I removed my mods and no longer share my stuff because people don't listed when told Not to edit the dam software, they break it any way and come back to complain about it.

gets boring after a while right?

kitty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it come to usefulness of the tool sets and xedit, it does come with it things you might no consider, where I do.

Fallout 3 mod Hairpack V2.0

edit will show there is a bad nif file with int it.

it's always skipped, it has been shared across other mods, some integrated yet, that "Bug" follow it around.

funny no one bothered to simple put back what was taken or miss configured from the Original author.

a single file "propagated for so long." a mesh file.

here that cure the fix, this cat's meow (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/749/?) think to put thing back where they belong in the code strings and see what the outcome is when the data as a whole is parsed?

ask the devs if that matters and see what happens. lol.

No, Ms Kitty does use the tool and efficiently. Fix it? in a pigs eye. old game has no meaning. not how it all works.

well old Bethesda has burnt so many bridges, their products are getting Vile and don't sit to well with a lot of people..as the industry "parses" these things we count as valid become insignificant to other companies products.

it gets old.

My current project is not any where near as complicated as your goals, but it depends on where your coming from too.

Default vanilla files also contain ports. and they also are seen by this tool not to be correct, the task is to tract down the source, copy the source and overwrite to fix the parsing of the product.

I am replacing bad files for the main game, not cut content, but original content to fix coverups or mistakes.

yes, this tool is very handy indeed.

Shouts out to Mator ! you rock.

Do you see any problems with that ?

Nope.

To be clear ... My file published on the nexus for download ... has not been edited with any Xedit tool.

So now the only thing I will be doing to it with Xedit ... is to restore the vanilla Items I had deleted , plus the navmesh changes.

However to do it in the sequence I want for the easiest maneuver of moving the house and preserving all the scripting.

Will be in this sequence.

1 - Move the "HouseRuined" from my new prospective spot , and stack it on the "HouseRuined02" that is directly south of it ... will also be naming both these references with unique ref-ID's. And I guess might as well set "Houseruined02Ref" as initially disabled. Because my thinking with those 2 references ... is that the player is going to be using that ruined house to harvest wood ... hence the player will see it shift from "HouseRuinedRef" to "HouseRuined02Ref" to simulate some of the wood has been harvested. Then later all of it.

2 - With the landscape editor I'll be lowering that hump of ground.

3 - Then I'll be using the Cell window to Ctrl select all of my items that build my house at the old location ... picking it up moveing it in the render window , and placing it at the new location , hopefully getting it right the first time.

But a double check in game at this point.

4 - Then I'll load it up in Fo3-edit ... find the yellow highlited entries in WorldSpace ... delete them , and anything listed as navmesh. Then also delete the whole navmesh folder. And I guess any sub folders that don't contain references I placed.

This is where I wish my new spot wasn't in the same cell , but ohwell.

5 - Then hopefully Everything will be back to Vanilla at the old Ranchdestroyed location.

6 - which then I move onto moving those spawn markers and placing the pond water in.

Also moving my XmarkerHeadings for the 3 spots where attacks spawn. And ultimately Editing the navmesh at the new location.

it would be smarter for you to do the water thing first, water in Fo3 tends to cause problems.

My shot of the xedit thing dealt with information provided without any DLC's involved.

The Original vanilla house from the other thread was given by another user. It was an item code that reflected use in the DLC.

The hill mentioned was never given so I had to guess and made the appropriate plugin to match that guess.

after wards I downloaded the mod "you made" and discovered what I did was the wrong item in game, the location was correct but not the item.

I had no idea you were overlaying and disabling default code "hard coded" but the location given is the same and the item disabled is used also by BrokenSteel.esm

The shot holds a completely new item of that house and a new mesh file so not to interfere with later load order issues. Unique.

The over lay and "house type" is what I did not know due to miss information given. Not by you but the other poster.

sense there was no rebuttal of that address, I "assumed it was correct." as your mod points out, the item was not correct, only the underlying item was...which is shared asset of BrokenSteel, your house may end up there too ? on the military base and may "may" break the worlds space by propagation within the games structures. I then posted "I have no idea"

Communication is important.

and it's a common problem. Tasks you ask about deal in the "what if" world.

do the landscaping first, test, then the water , test. pay attention to FPS when entering the world spaces.

if no issues permit? then proceed building it 1 step at a time.

forget the nav meshes because your dealing with the landscaping issues and it will matter later.

IF I am too much for you to grasp? please seek another to help you with the mod.

I believe I understand what you want to do but selecting all data in the window within the geck will select hardcoded assets as well.

IF I am too much for you to grasp? please seek another to help you with the mod.

I believe I understand what you want to do but selecting all data in the window within the geck will select hardcoded assets as well.

Cell window , not the Render window. Yes I have to click on their Ref-ID one at a time holding Ctrl. So as long as my references are uniquely named ... I shouldn't have a problem mistaking them for others.

Hmmm ... so you think I'm better off placing the water before I do the X-edit operation ??? My intuition seemed like it would be better after.

But yes sometimes your plethora of information is overwhelming ... however it's fine ... I'm finding it possible to sift through for the info I need. You have definitely been helpful :wink: I hope I can ask you more questions later on stuff I imagine will pop up , or send you a file to check out.

I'll definitely be giving you some credit in the next published edition.

Edited by Mktavish

I am here to help if you need it, but seeing how well the mod was scripted, I doubt there will be much for me to help with.

before you get too far, you may need to verify with another whom has progressed far enough into the game to verify IF the military base was effected.

It's a "what if? " issue.

do any other mods effect current things?

I am on many game fronts and what time I spend here is small compared to other things I get involved with.

Mass effect, Portal2, upcoming games in tech nets, things that are coming.

Fo3 is an 8 year old game, but it's my favorite game. lol, hell, I am all over the place.

you know enough to sift thru it, it is live thought posted. It's like your learning to read minds.

Now, if there is any physic things going on? we won't know.

Just so you know what water can do, click on the 101 wasteland puddle, select drop-down "view collisions" and see all the hidden strings and variables.

Touch it? and your done. Place-able water will effect any other place that uses it. under the map prior to placing water , view it ,take a snap shot of it for references.

Place the water and save the file exit and reload into the kit and go back under the map and see what took place.

I would hate to see you go thru all of that trouble and find the work get wasted because your not familiar with an out come.

IF any where in the world space shows missing landscapes, it will be caused by the water.

Ok I'll try that with the water ... still running test files before I do the final operations on what will be the actual file base to upload.

Thank You So Much for All your Time so far :D

(damn couldn't find a hugs emotion-con , and thought your hubby wouldn't like the Kiss emotion-con) LOL