NIF compatibility issues

The version of nifskope required is https://github.com/jonwd7/nifskope/releases/tag/v2.0.dev6#downloads_2_0_dev6

I was using the old version from the niftools page that didn't have Add tangents or triangulate all strips options under spells.

I've found that in some cases with some armours and all clutter you don't need to do the suggested Make All skin partitions bit.

All I've had to do to fix at the moment two of my own meshes was

1. Load your nif in the nifskope

2. Spells > Batch > Update Tangent Spaces

3. Spells > Batch > Add Tangent Spaces and update

4. Save.

If your mesh has Nifstrips you also need to run

Spells > Batch > Triangulate all strips

In BSLightingShaderProperty in the Block Details with "Skyrim Shader Type" I am having issues with "Environment Map" However instead on blaming the nif I think it compression or alpha level of the normal texture. Does any one have more info on converting OldRim Normals to NewRim? or what it's requirements are? With the Shader on Default it works, with Environment Map & SLSF1_Environment_Mapping it crashes? I am a Jack of all trades & Master of None, this as Beaten Me :wallbash:

& I have GIMP 2.8.18

Edited by PeterMartyr

Hi. Trying to convert my zombies. I got all the strips converted, but stillhave one error:

Block [110]: NiSkinPartition contains strips unsupported by SSE

If i use the spell Make all skin partitions everyting turns black and dissapears. Any ideas for fixing manually.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/924/yCUz75.jpg

Guys, I have a question. I've been having issues myself with the meshes in NifSkope, so I thought I'd update to the latest version. Low and behold I find out the import is disabled and when I check on the main site for it they say it will be so indefinitely. What version should I use and how can I get it to work with SSE support?

Guys, I have a question. I've been having issues myself with the meshes in NifSkope, so I thought I'd update to the latest version. Low and behold I find out the import is disabled and when I check on the main site for it they say it will be so indefinitely. What version should I use and how can I get it to work with SSE support?

Don't expect anything more since no one at niftools forum seem interested anymore! The latest version is crashing a lot . And for a 3ds max nif plugin update you can also forget about this.

Jonw is the only guy that care a bit since he update the latest version partially to get nif convert to new SSE.

The community desperately need a new Niftools coding hero or else it is the end of advanced mods for SSE.

Sorry if i sound negative but after fighting to do simple thing and getting no help from anyone this is becoming very frustrating since we would benefit greatly from the 64 bits architecture and the next elder scrolls game will only be release in 10 years!

Edited by dovapix

Don't expect anything more since no one at niftools forum seem interested anymore! The latest version is crashing a lot . And for a 3ds max nif plugin update you can also forget about this.

Jonw is the only guy that care a bit since he update the latest version partially to get nif convert to new SSE.

The community desperately need a new Niftools coding hero or else it is the end of advanced mods for SSE.

Sorry if i sound negative but after fighting to do simple thing and getting no help from anyone this is becoming very frustrating since we would benefit greatly from the 64 bits architecture and the next elder scrolls game will only be release in 10 years!

Well I thank you for your response, you've been the most helpful regarding this. It's a shame though, especially knowing that Bethesda even remotely cares about the modders but yet do not do much in the way of support or tool development. Hopefully something will be set up soon because I modded for oldrim and I've got a lot of stuff to add to this one, and we're stuck with the inability to do anything. I just wish I knew how the other modders are doing it for SSE.

I don't know what's happening either, but I've found success with at least some meshes. In the process of converting a few different oldrim meshes, for personal use, I've followed some information I've found on a few different forums, including reddit and afk mods. This works for some, but not for others. I don't know why.

I'm using nifskope 2.0.0 pre-alpha 6

Open mesh.

Spells > batch > triangulate all strips

Spells > batch > make all skin partitions.

*Change number of bones per partition to 60. (messages will vary)

Spells > batch > add tangent spaces and update.

Save.

Hope it helps somebody. If anyone would be willing to explain the process in a bit more detail, I too would like to learn more about it.