I Got Banned

buddah

first of all im sorry for making another account my old account got banned after posting my first comment in chat i didnt swear but i said something bad and was instantly banned with out warning if they told me to stop i would have but now i want to get my old account and this link isnt working all it says is error i really like this website and i dont mean to do any harm i just want to download mods and play skyrim

Considering how you have to read a set of rules before you even come in to the chat, you didn't deserve a warning after what you said. You may want your old account back, but that's not happening and this one is gone to.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May an admin please change the link on the first post "Members who wish to may fill out this form which will create a thread in the staff forums." to http://oblivion.nexu...om/about/unban/

Thanks! :)

Fixed.

Members of the staff please correct me, if I'm wrong, but from what I remember Chat Bans unlike Site Bans aren't permanent. Most I've seen so far were simple 'timeouts' to cool down and were lifted a couple of days after the incident.

From what I know it's really nothing worth making a fuss about... and getting yet deeper into trouble in the aftermath. It's best just to wait it out, if you ask me.

I tried reading it up everywhere, but couldn't find any information about this specific part of the site's administrative measures, neither in the ToS nor in the Chat Rules nor the stickied topics of this forum section so far. So if I'm remembering right and it actually is part of the ruleset how long Chat Bans usually take and that they aren't permanent to begin with... won't it be helpful to have this written down somewhere for everybody to read it up? If I'm wrong and it isn't, ignore what I just wrote.

However, taking it out in public, discussing moderator actions publically, "is" a breach of the rules leading to a site ban. So Kuroitsune's right, it's best to drop it here or ask a staff member via PM about it.

ic. since it only said i was banned from chat i assumed it was permanent which was why i was fighting it. i didnt think it was reasonable for me to be permanently banned. but if most chat bans are just temporary then thats ok i wouldnt have made a fuss if i knew that. whatever its k then. o and i wasnt talking about any moderator ty i was just explaining the situation. and drop what? u realize what this thread is for right?

Edited by irisz

We are usually amenable to chat unbans when approached in private with a reasonable enough explanation, apology, and promise not to make the same mistake again.

Many chat bans are permanent, if it doesn't say it's temporary in the Ban Notice, than it is permanent. All bans may be appealed once.

I was good enough to give you a second chance and unban you from chat, taking you at your word that it was a misunderstanding.

Most bans are not temporary, in fact. I advise you to take Drake's advice and quit talking about it here in the open forums before I change my mind. This thread is not for discussing your ban, it's only for getting advice on how to proceed once you have been banned.

Hi!

A few months back I was in the chat room, and I might have sweared a lil' and got kicked of the chat room, after what I tought was a simple chat kick just to clear my mind and stuff I never bothered going back to the chat room, so after trying to enter the chat room in the past couple of days to no avail I'm pretty sure I was permanently banned from the chat room (YOU DON'T SAY? :tongue: ).

Now what I would like to know is if a simple apology will give me back the access to the chat room? If a simple apology is enough, then I apologize for using foul languague/profanity in the chat room, I'm sorry and I would like to get my access to the chat room back, pretty please? :D

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

This is much better done by using the PM system. Thank you for following up with me there.

For the record, this situation is resolved:

As there is no paper trail of the chat ban, and after review of your posting history, your chat membership is yours to lose. Guard it wisely.

• 3 weeks later...
the entire setup for banning is completely horrid. if banning were efficient, they would at least be able to post on their own "banned" thread with relevant information ascertaining to the banning, such as if the moderator assumed something incorrectly. i lost an account i really liked and my only guess, based some research i made into the matter, is that the moderator did not understand me, or that she just didnt bother to read beyond whatever excuse she wanted to ban me. Edited by PeanutButterMan