MDB to FBX, FBX to MDB converter

FreshLook

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it doesn't seem to be working for me. My system continues to block the drag-and-drop, so I run via the command prompt. I insert nwn2fbx.exe, plus the model and an animation. The window output says, for example, "Output is C_Rat_CL_Body01.fbx", but the named file is not generated.

This was working with version 0.3.

Ed.: Oh wait, I see the output in my root level directory rather than the directory with the model. Never mind...

Edited by rjshae

Awesome Job.

Using Maya 2017 , Made a fresh model (No Animations) and exported to FBX then used the .4 and converted to MDB without errors. Log file looks normal.

I'll try some Animations sometime soon after I import the NWN2 rig.

Nice :smile:

Well it doesn't seem to be working for me. My system continues to block the drag-and-drop, so I run via the command prompt. I insert nwn2fbx.exe, plus the model and an animation. The window output says, for example, "Output is C_Rat_CL_Body01.fbx", but the named file is not generated.

This was working with version 0.3.

Ed.: Oh wait, I see the output in my root level directory rather than the directory with the model. Never mind...

Does the drag&drop work then or are you using the command line? The drag&drop should generate the output in the same directory that the model and the command line should generate the output in the current directory. More technically, the tool always generate the output in the current directory, what happens is that when you drag&drop a file to an executable, the current directory is where the dragged file is located.

Edited by FreshLook

When I use the drag & drop, I get a warning from Windows (8.1) that says it's an unrecognized program and asks me to provide admin privileges. The command line approach works okay, although it'd be helpful if the output wound up in the same directory as the input files.

When I use the drag & drop, I get a warning from Windows (8.1) that says it's an unrecognized program and asks me to provide admin privileges. The command line approach works okay, although it'd be helpful if the output wound up in the same directory as the input files.

Does the drag&drop work with version 0.3?

Edited by FreshLook

No, I had the same issue with 0.3 and used the command line instead.

You can also drag&drop directly to nw2fbx.exe and the output should be generated in the same directory as the input files, but it won't generate log.txt because the messages will be printed to the console. In fact, the function of the cmd is only to redirect the messages to log.txt.

Could you try to drag&drop directly to nw2fbx.exe? If it works, I would think about getting rid of the cmd files and making the binaries to print the messages to log.txt in addition to the console.