Putting together mod list, overwhelmed

AtotehZ

Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I've been to Nexusmods and the first time I play Skyrim SE. I know that the advantages of the original is mod compatibility. I'm trying to understand the advantages of the SE.

I've also been suggested these mods on the discord server:

Skyland
Climates of Tamriel + Enhanced Light and Effects
Ordinator
Immersive Armors

Is there anything I can add/remove to get a better experience?

If you recommend a series of mods you use yourself I would very much appreciate a copy of your loadorder as well.

I am interested in all mods that improve visual quality as long as there's good synergy between them. I also appreciate mods that add content as long as it is balanced and makes sense in an Elder Scrolls environment. In other words, no naked bathhouses, skimpy outfits or the likes.

Hope you guys can help me, or direct me to a different thread that has my questions answered.

EDIT: Oh wow, I'm still listed as supporter. I thought that title was reclaimed when you were not supporting any more(stopped cuz I stopped playing Skyrim)

Edited by AtotehZ

Nah, once your a supporter, it's lifetime for duration of the account.(til it gets banned) lol, I have had three accounts over the years, I have voluntarily banned myself twice. (closed the account).

Twice I posted stuff like "Make it so" "Do it quick" "Don't make me suffer" "Thanks for Memories" 'Been a pleasure" "It been fun while it lasted, but it time for me to go" "Wish I didn't have to get banned to close my account"

Edited by PeterMartyr

The main advantages of Skyrim SE are stability and speed and the lack of needing to install fixes for pretty much everything. This goes for the game itself (no need for memory allocation patch ect.) as well as for many visual aspects (for example things like the distance overhaul are not needed any more). In addition it features neat enhancements like rain occlusion (rain doesn't clip trough roofs any more) and a water flow system.

-Instead of fixing the game you can now simple focus on the things that you want to change with mods and that makes it incredible fun. In comparison Oldrim was a pain in the ass. Seriously!

I don,t use climates of tamriel or any weather overhaul because it makes to many changes to the lighting for my taste and i rather just want the vanilla colors to be improved, therefore i use "Nyclix's ENB" (which is basically just a reshade which makes it verry performance friendly). And i use RLO but only activated the dungeons esp because, again i want to keep the vanilla weathers and lighting. but i'm rambling... Here is a list of wht i use and love:

.)SMIM

.)Skyrim flora overhaul trees only

.)verdant (overhauls the grass)

.)simple bigger trees (SFO compatible version)

.)Leanwolf's better shaped weapons

.)Darker Nights (offers many options -don't go too dark!)

.)RLO (only dugeons activated)

.)Footprints

.)realistic water two

.)JK's Whiterun

.)JK's Riverwood

.)trees in cities (adds a few trees to cities -very subtle)

For the textures:

.)Vivid landscapes

.)peltoploza .)rugnarok .) + all of gamwich's awesome "rustic" retextures

.)Ethereal cosmos (i use twinkle subdued)

.)ethereal clouds

.)Nordic Snow

.)Apophysis Dragon Priest Masks SE (these textures are incredibly beautiful imao!)

.)JS Dragon Claws SE

Another mod that i really love is "Immersive Jewelry" (adds over 3000 (!) new jewelrys which makes it really fun to explore because you will never know what you will find next.) (but note that this mod also makes a few changes to the crafting (you will have different ingots for jewelry or weapon crafting and ingots are a lot more heavy so you cant carry them around all the time.)

That's it basically. I tried my best to focus on visual mods only. Please note that most of the mods are available for both Oldrim and Skyrim SE, so make sure that you are really on the Skyrim SE page before downloading!

I hope you find it usefull. Have fun modding!

Edited by OutLaw666

Also, there will be a new SKSE and SkyUI for SE sometime this Spring. Behippo (of the Silverlock team) is giving updates on their progress in the pinned thread above. While many mod authors have already ported many famous mods over, any that require SkyUI and/or SKSE have had to use "workarounds" to make them work. Mods that rely on MCM menus, for example, have to use something like a spell for you to make adjustments.

I'm not saying you have to wait, or even should wait. Myself, I'm simply fiddling around with Oldrim until the new SKSE and SkyUI get released.