download from nexus site straight to xbox one

xXstar1wolfXx

I'm almost positive that Bethesda locked that in with Sony and Microsoft

If you have a pc, you can convert any mod from Nexus yourself easily with the ARCHIVE tool that comes with the PCversion, there is an option in the tool to convert a mod to xbox format

The only way console users can use mods is through Bethesda.net. Bethesda.net does not allow any adult-content mods. If you want adult mods, you have to get a legal/Steam-connected PC version of Skyrim, and play on PC.

The only way console users can use mods is through Bethesda.net. Bethesda.net does not allow any adult-content mods. If you want adult mods, you have to get a legal/Steam-connected PC version of Skyrim, and play on PC.

If you look at the archive tool, there is an option to convert ANY mod to xbox format, it's just a matter of clicking a box, but yes, you would need a steam version of the game

If you look at the archive tool, there is an option to convert ANY mod to xbox format, it's just a matter of clicking a box, but yes, you would need a steam version of the game

And you'd have to upload it to Bethesda.net to get it on the console. But he wants adult mods. Adult mods are not allowed on Bethesda.net.

well yea, that's true, no getting around the EULA

besides all that he would still have to be age appropiate to even download the mod from Nexus

Edited by gromulos

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Despite its brevity, this (esp. the comment by Jeir) is the most helpful discussion of the mod issue that I've seen, at least as it relates directly to me--a console player who wants some of these incredible mods I've seen reviewed on YouTube and found on Nexus. I wish there was a direct, pragmatic how-to website somewhere that explains exactly what we (me and a billion or so other people who don't like Bethesda or anybody else governing what we can and can't enjoy) need to do to get into PC gaming--if that's the way it has to be. I think there is a market for something like this because I wish I had known all the BS before buying an XBox One: I could've spent the money and time learning this route. I bet many an XBox One owner feels the same way.

So, all the people who use The Nexus website are PC players who somehow bypass Bethesda's dominion by owning copies through Steam? I don't understand how this works--legally or physically.

You all have a high-end gaming PC, decent internet connection, Steam (whatever the hell that is, it seems to be another gaming website like The Nexus), and the technical know-how to apply these mods to your game? That is what I seem to need.

Is there a place anybody knows about that talks PC-gaming newbies through this basic stuff? Like Steps 1 through 50 that ends with me and Stranger, et al., playing with these mods?

bethesda provided us the tools to create the content in the first place (and this is going way back before skyrim was even born, we are talking oblivion, morrowind, fallout 3 and new vegas days), they provided us the tools and granted us ability to share our creativity, and in return we greatly extend the life span of their games its literally win win. theirs no bypassing here, on a pc you have freedom plain and simple, as well as a plethora of different paths to choose from to reach the same goal. lets be honest here, if it was not for modding, skyrim would have died in the very same year it was made. modding has increased its life span by an additional 5 years and is still very much alive. not many games can say this. if it was not for us pc modders, consoles would not even have mod support.

steam is a gaming client, think of it as a virtual game store. basically an internet version of a game shop. but much better then an actual game shop, as steam does deals on games every single day, and these deals are usually very damn good, ranging from 50% to even 75% of the total asking price for games and on special occasions the entire gaming catalog goes on huge deals, we are also talking games that are release very recent.

not all of us have high-end gaming pc (i do however), believe it or not their are many playing skyrim on primitive hardware, we are talking hardware equivalent to the xbox 360, and even worse then that.

Edited by Guest