Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks vaguely like the idea I suggested
my first time logging on here was to say that paid mods is a terrible idea
the idea I suggested revolved around the better and more established modders that come up through the ranks of free modding to show established quality and work ethic essentially, are put on bethesda's radar

you can very well in fact make knockoffs, if you're good enough, that part is definitely maintained, and purposefully why I suggested this
also the mod makers were wanting to be able to sell their work at times, this idea has quality control, allows mod makers a chance if they're good enough and put enough time and effort in, to make money with their work
and it co-exists with free mods for the love of it

now if you'll excuse me I'm going to just act like my suggestions catalyzed this whole thing and brag about it because I'm a freak
kek. troll through my posts, I've had other ideas for mods and stuff like that before, I'm an ideas guy when I get inspried, painfully disorganized though
hadn't gotten started on that one mod idea I keep tossing around for what I could do, hmmm

it IS in fact DLC essentially, but if paid modding is to exist it needs quality control otherwise it's a pleb tier system, and avoiding touching in any negative way free modding capabilities should someone actually WANT to make mods, is also the way to go, welcome to the new guild of merchants system, and patronage, such is the new economy

I told people rome was falling, the medieval era comes after ;p
the associated... social mechanisms are also relevant~

Edited by tartarsauce2

Here is from the FAQ

https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en

What is the Creation Club?

Creation Club is a collection of all-new content for both Fallout 4 and Skyrim. It features new items, abilities, and gameplay created by Bethesda Games Studios and outside development partners including the best community creators. Creation Club content is fully curated and compatible with the main game and official add-ons.

Is Creation Club paid mods?

No. Mods will remain a free and open system where anyone can create and share what they’d like. Also, we won’t allow any existing mods to be retrofitted into Creation Club, it must all be original content. Most of the Creation Club content is created internally, some with external partners who have worked on our games, and some by external Creators. All the content is approved, curated, and taken through the full internal dev cycle; including localization, polishing, and testing. This also guarantees that all content works together. We’ve looked at many ways to do “paid mods”, and the problems outweigh the benefits. We’ve encountered many of those issues before. But, there’s a constant demand from our fans to add more official high quality content to our games, and while we are able to create a lot of it, we think many in our community have the talent to work directly with us and create some amazing new things.

By the sounds of it. Modders cannot make mods for free, and then also sell it. That way there is no "Ads" for the free mods.

But, there’s a constant demand from our fans to add more official high quality content to our games, and while we are able to create a lot of it, we think many in our community have the talent to work directly with us and create some amazing new things.

This line... I love it!

edt: Whole sentence slightly contradicts itself.

Edited by groundx

Bethesda has made their position clear in their announcement here... https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en

This will be more in the way of official content, basically DLC, that may also be made by those not normally employed by Bethesda. However, modders who do have project proposals accepted by Bethesda will be paid for their work. They must create completely new content and must comply with a production schedule which will include thorough testing. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Few points to note.

If I’m accepted to be a Creator, what can I create and what is the dev process?
Creators are required to submit documentation pitches which go through an approval process. All content must be new and original. Once a concept is approved, a development schedule with Alpha, Beta and Release milestones is created. Creations go through our full development pipeline, which Creators participate in. Bethesda Game Studios developers work with Creators to iterate and polish their work along with full QA cycles. The content is fully localized, as well. This ensures compatibility with the original game, official add-ons and achievements.

Are Creators Paid For Their Work?
Yes. Just like our own game developers, Creators are paid for their work and start receiving payment as soon as their proposal is accepted and through development milestones.

So mods from CC will be free or optional or paid?(I don't get it)

gotta buy packs of credits from online store which you spend

How do I get Creation Club content?

Creation Club is available via in-game digital marketplaces in both Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition and purchased with Credits. Credits are available for purchase on PSN, Xbox Live, and Steam. Your Credits are transferable and can be used in both games on the same platform.