Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

Well i hope you are right about this but as a developer myself normally if i pay some artists for custom assets then they cannot sold these assets for a number of years according to contract specific rules.

I was speaking of the current legal stuff not what legal stuff we will have to abide by with the Creation Club. I'm certain that with the Creation Club any work will be owned by Bethesda outright.

OK that was exactly my thought so in a word not worth losing high quality models for peanuts!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to not jump all over this,but I've can't get over this feeling that this is bad I just can't.The possibles for this to go very wrong are too high if you ask me.I'm not sure what PR was thinking or if anyone thought at all,but if they wanted to do something even close to this.They should have done things differently for example a better FAQ and maybe talking to the community and testing the waters first.

I can't even understand the FAQ because at first it says "Creation Club is available via in-game digital marketplaces in both Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition and purchased with Credits. Credits are available for purchase on PSN, Xbox Live, and Steam. Your Credits are transferable and can be used in both games on the same platform."Then "No. Mods will remain a free and open system where anyone can create and share what they’d like. Also, we won’t allow any existing mods to be retrofitted into Creation Club, it must all be original content. Most of the Creation Club content is created internally, some with external partners who have worked on our games, and some by external Creators. All the content is approved, curated, and taken through the full internal dev cycle; including localization, polishing, and testing. This also guarantees that all content works together. We’ve looked at many ways to do “paid mods”, and the problems outweigh the benefits. We’ve encountered many of those issues before. But, there’s a constant demand from our fans to add more official high quality content to our games, and while we are able to create a lot of it, we think many in our community have the talent to work directly with us and create some amazing new things."

So does that mean free or donate or paid?Paid more than likely,but does anyone for sure know?

I doubt anyone here can say for sure what's going to happen, but it only makes sense that some of the content will be free if for no other reason than to get people looking at the "Sold/For Sale" content.

All I know is that FAQ makes me confused.

Well i hope you are right about this but as a developer myself normally if i pay some artists for custom assets then they cannot sold these assets for a number of years according to contract specific rules.

I was speaking of the current legal stuff not what legal stuff we will have to abide by with the Creation Club. I'm certain that with the Creation Club any work will be owned by Bethesda outright upon release.

Reminds me of sickening thing I was told by a lawyer (I'm paraphrasing this from memory):

Money doesn't have morals, and the truth has nothing to do with a court of law.

Edit: Sorry apparently I can't spell anything correctly until after I post it.

Edited by Glass1411

So finally at the end even when steam and Bethesda were taking respectively 45% and 30% leaving 25% to modders it was a far better deal for modders in the event they make a very successful mod that get a 200,000,00 sales figure!

Now it is going to be something like here 500$ for 6 month of work! loool

Edited by dovapix

From what I understood from the FAQ, Creation Club will be basically mini DLCs, with the grand majority of them created by the Bethesda developers themselves. And I have absolutely no problem with that. If the "mod" will be high quality enough, I will gladly spend a few bucks for it.

Also, if you're gonna complain about "stealing" mods, don't bring up stuff like the Chinese Stealth armor, something that was literally made by Bethesda themselves.

So finally at the end even when steam and Bethesda were taking respectively 45% and 30% leaving 25% to modders it was a far better deal for modders in the event they make a very successful mod that get a 200,000,00 sales figure!

Bethesda isn't going to offer mod authors anything less than 25% (because that was the percentage we were going to get last time) and likely more like 40% or even 50%. This is much more of a collaborative effort between Bethesda and mod authors in terms of commitment on both sides - Bethesda helps mod author with QA, localization, etc., while mod author comes up with the ideas and implementation, basically.

Edited by Reneer

Why would they pay you that much even? Naa I bet the most people like me and you can hope for is a small royalty, a few cent's per download or less, or like I said earlier access to a game or DLC in exchange for full rights to our work. Personally even if it were a fraction of a penny per download I'd take it, it could eventually add up enough to buy a cup of coffee. :laugh:

Edited by Glass1411

Bethesda isn't going to offer mod authors anything less than 25% (because that was the percentage we were going to get last time) and likely more like 40% or even 50%. This is much more of a collaborative effort between Bethesda and mod authors in terms of commitment on both sides - Bethesda helps mod author with QA, localization, etc., while mod author comes up with the ideas and implementation, basically.

Well let's wait and see but my gut feeling is that it is not going to be worth for professional developers since they can make twice or triple what Bethesda could offer on freelancing.

Why would they pay you that much even? Naa I bet the most people like me and you can hope for is a small royalty, a few cent's per download or less, or like I said earlier access to a game or DLC in exchange for full rights to our work. Personally even if it were a fraction of a penny per download I'd take it, it could eventually add up enough to buy a cup of coffee. :laugh:

That give me a good laugh and for free!

That give me a good laugh and for free!

Haha I don't about you, but I can't afford to walk into a Starbucks much less buy anything there so hey...don't disparage the Coffee!!!