⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

Saw Dogtooth's chinese stealth suit in there...

He stated on his forum it wasn't his, so they're making "new" mods from old ones as well.

Now that you mention it... the visor is a different color... and there may be some other tiny differences in the model if you look at it long enough.

This still presents the obvious problem of free and paid mods that deliver the exact same damned thing.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He stated on his forum it wasn't his, so they're making "new" mods from old ones as well.

Now that you mention it... the visor is a different color... and there may be some other tiny differences in the model if you look at it long enough.

This still presents the obvious problem of free and paid mods that deliver the exact same damned thing.

Then you get into the issue of, what if someone makes a free version of what is in the creation club?

Will Bethesda step in and slap some pee pees into the dirt?

That is correct; neither the Chinese Stealth Suit, nor the Hellfire featured in the Creators Club are my works.

Two things I want to know is does Bethesda own the mod content if you sign up and can mod makers release said content for free on the non-creation club mod files?

Because if this is just, you know, optionally paying the creators then I'll love that and will throw some money towards the mod makers but I don't necessarily agree with a paywall system.

I'm sorry but like, would it have killed them to expand on the FAQ and not leave it so short and vague? There are a lot of questions people have and this short list doesn't answer them.

Everything that isn't in the FAQ is going to disappoint us almost certainly. #1 no paid content, #2 all sorts of limitations on what actually gets uploaded to the service. #3, Bethesda is not going to pay the mod creators as much as they should earn, they'll still probably take 75% of the gross like last time and do their utmost to screw people over.

Oh Well... Will look at this...

Im still have bad taste in my mouth after that.

Your not paying the creator, your paying bethesda, Who pays the creator a set amount based on development milestones. So if its incredibly popular mod, creator wont see any extra money.

*Edit - This isnt a reply to you. The quote thing quoted you instead of someone else.

Edited by Batdog

Oh Well... Will look at this...

Im still have bad taste in my mouth after that.

Your not paying the creator, your paying bethesda, Who pays the creator a set amount based on development milestones. So if its incredibly popular mod, creator wont see any extra money.

Now I have incredibly shyty taste in my mouth xD

*Edit - This isnt a reply to you. The quote thing quoted you instead of someone else.

Happens, but still.

Edited by groundx

Then you get into the issue of, what if someone makes a free version of what is in the creation club?

Will Bethesda step in and slap some pee pees into the dirt?

I doubt they'll do anything. People have kinda done stuff like this in the past where Bethesda later released similar to mod content. I also doubt that any of these paid mods will be piracy protected.

So expect this to blow up in their faces, regardless of the PR disaster that's boiling right now.

Edited by Guest