I prefer Creation Club over mods

DragonJarvis

STEP is the easiest modding guide to follow. It taught me a lot on how to properly set up a modded Skyrim and I strongly recommend you reconsider using it. Another great guide is Sinitars ultimate graphic setup, itâs very simple you just pick and download mods. Your Skyrim will look amazing afterwards

I have mixed feelings on it, myself. On one hand, I love the concept. I would gladly pay for high-quality mods that would not have existed otherwise. There are many dead mods that I wish could be updated or made compatible with others. I know multiple moders who had made great mods, but quit because Bethesda would not let them monetize anything related to it. On the other hand, the prices are ludicrously expensive and I fear what it could do to the community. The last thing I would want to see is a situation where people would place mods behind a paywall that would have otherwise be free. Yes, I think the quality would be higher overall, but gone could be the days when we could get 400+ mods together and have universal access. If all of the mods I use are just priced at $2 each, I could be looking at a price of over $1,000. There is no way the modding community would have seen the same growth if people had to pay for them. Besides, who would buy a mod for $5 only to discover that it's incompatible?

Now I fully understand the people against the Creation Club and I see the backlash as justified, but so too can I see the great potential of it all.

Skyrim is a game for entertainment but some how due to its popularity money has been the skeleton in the closet. Most people who I see who mod do it for entertainment and just with to share. Creation club to me seems like a money grab for all the wrong reasons.

• 5 weeks later...

Since this thread has touched on the subject of dead and/or abandoned mods, I'll mention that modders do have a tendency to notice when a popular mod has disappeared and try to create something similar to take it's place.

For example: When CWO was taken down by its author (let's not get into why, please) -it wasn't long before an even better mod (IMO) came along. I'm referring to Open Civil War by simtam. Yeah, it functions a lot differently than CWO (and better IMO) but at it's base, it does nearly the same thing that CWO did. Which was to overhaul the Civil War to be something epic and fluid (which was what Bethesda programmers wanted, but had to cut out a lot to make that dorky 11-11-11 deadline.)

To paraphrase someone else here at the forums: The CC is aimed primarily at the console users and is mostly a non-issue for us PC users. It took me awhile to calm down and see the "win-win" side of this. But hey, even us old farts can eventually settle down and see reason.