New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "About this mod" section that now shows up in every mod feels extremely out of place since mod authors already do this. The same thing can be said about the "mod requirements" thing that shows up. Now, there's nothing wrong with having an interactable drop-down menu featuring the required mods. Quite the contrary.

Although what bothers me about this menu is how much space it takes. Before, it was this easy to acsess blue-texted link (if i remember correctly) but nontheless, this, along with the "translations" and "permissions" thing take up wayy too much space. Now, i understand that having strict permissions might be very important (although i do not know the cause of this change in design philosophy), and I'm not suggesting that you remove this section (should you feel it is important) but maybe it could be presented in a different way.

A lot more content could be featured on the same height as thease buttons. It feels like a waste of space but most importantly, it's extremely disorienting. The general design is rather disorienting due to how and where information is presented. Insignificant things take up too much space, (important things also take up too much space!) Everything feels way too big for comfort.

Bottom line: It's disorienting and confusing, (things don't make nearly as much sense as they did before), this makes it way less enjoyable and more of a chore to find good mods, which makes me not want to download mods.

Thank you for reading! Good luck with altering the new layout.

Edited by BlueNinjaNeko

an easy to find clickable link to view mods organized by category, you know like the old design had, would be nice. unless you are going to just not categorize mods anymore. cause before it took like half a second to see the view mods by category button, now i can't even find the damned thing at all. really, having people give feedback on the layout before removing the option to keep viewing the old layout would have been nice.

an easy to find clickable link to view mods organized by category, you know like the old design had, would be nice. unless you are going to just not categorize mods anymore. cause before it took like half a second to see the view mods by category button, now i can't even find the damned thing at all. really, having people give feedback on the layout before removing the option to keep viewing the old layout would have been nice.

Select game. Go to top of screen, second tab from left (titled 'Mods'). Hover cursor on tab and drop-down menu appears. Move cursor to the entry titled 'Mod Categories'. Click. Done.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely abhorrent design, whoever chose this needs a long talking to. It looks like pinterest lmao... Who decided that a phone layout suits a website specifically made for DESKTOP GAMES!? This isn't twitter.

Edit: After going through the pages, it seems the people in charge couldn't give a damn about the opinion of people who actually use this website, so why even bother asking for opinions?

Pathetic customer service, wish I never supported Nexus.

Edited by MrNaySmith

Absolutely abhorrent design, whoever chose this needs a long talking to. It looks like pinterest lmao... Who decided that a phone layout suits a website specifically made for DESKTOP GAMES!? This isn't twitter.

Edit: After going through the pages, it seems the people in charge couldn't give a damn about the opinion of people who actually use this website, so why even bother asking for opinions?

Really quite sorry you feel this way. I'll be PMing you soon so that you can provide more detail about your concerns and suggestions. Maybe then we can better understand and address some of the issues you're having.

Really quite sorry you feel this way. I'll be PMing you soon so that you can provide more detail about your concerns and suggestions. Maybe then we can better understand and address some of the issues you're having.

I don't want to put words in MrNaySmith's mouth, but I will borrow a few:

"It looks like pinterest lmao... Who decided that a phone layout suits a website specifically made for DESKTOP GAMES!? This isn't twitter."

I think this just about sums it up for most of the folks posting critical comments about your new design.

What else did you want to know?

I wish I had spoken on this sooner and had a better chance to get anyone who may feel the same way to speak up, but... I find it really annoying that the mods, updates, images, etc. tabs are opened and closed by mousing over them. It's frustrating how precise you have to be to hit the "Clear all notifications" or "See more" buttons on mod updates, otherwise the tab closes on you because you dragged your mouse a couple of pixels too far. Often happens to me a couple of times in one visit, no matter how hard I try to get used to it. I would much prefer the old method of clicking the tab and have it stay open, allowing me to keep the updates tab open while I expand it and open all of the updates in new browser tabs.

One positive change was fixing the "Clear all notifications" button so that it didn't disappear once you expanded your updates tab as far as it would go. Much appreciated fix.