Some Ideas.

masternetra

Some ideas that I think should be part of the basics;
---

* Dismiss All Notifcations - Should be part of the basics actually, with downloading and activation of mods the notifcations can really build up and dismissing one by one gets really annoying as many users can attest to I'm sure. The Dismiss All option of course should rest above all the notifications.

*Ability to disable notifications for Downloads/Imports and Mod Enable/Activations.

*Enable / Disable All for Mods and Plugins.

* The ability to select multiple files on Import (and it of course just queue them).

---
An idea for when the basics are ironed out, would like to see;
---

* Vortex storing the list of mods you were using on your Nexus Profile. - With also allowing you to re-download them (queue them all if you want, if they are located on the nexus site of course, those not linked to a mod on the nexus site would just be a simple entry, so you know what you had/have)/
Would make life a lot easier for those who have to reinstall everything, either from a reformat, getting a new computer/hard drive, or had got rid of everything because they move on and then came back, or whatever. Wouldn't think this would be a real strain on site resources or any thing as your not uploading the mods themselves to the profile or anything like that, just data entries. Could even set it up to where people could share their lists with others I suppose, don't care if that part is implemented or not though, copy and paste being what it is.

Edited by masternetra

Hm. I like that last idea...It would also make finding updates easier.

I suppose it could incorporate notification of updates, originally, recovery was what I was thinking, but hey if it could serve multiple purposes, why not?

Edit: Plus come to think of it, Nexus tracks what you've downloaded anyway, the real addition here would possibly be adding to the list from imports (even if the imports are just listed and non-downloadable).

Edited by masternetra

I like the last idea too but I'm not sure it's doable: I mean, not like this.

Track center, is really useful but it track MOD PAGES not the single archives in the File section of the mod page.

For example:

Fortaleza Armor - CBBE - BodySlide
https://rd.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10692?tab=files

Does have multiple files that could/should be downloaded separately (Plus the optionals, the updates and the old versions).

Also, sometimes Track center is used to track mod progess (even mod that you don't actually use) and also tracking Authors (I would not be happy to download Niero itself and having him on my sofa eating chips, and I love that guy! XD )

Counteroffer:

Maybe a easier solution could be an Export button that create a Backup files (a TXT or a XML) with:

Load Order

RuleSet

Urls of mods from a valid source (Nexus) [the missing files get notified as not handled]

Then Importing you could choose what take from those files (only the urls, the ruleset, the load order)

So you can create a backup of all without problem and even share it (also is a way to create "collection" to share without being unfair to mods authors)

Like:

Vortex Datas: Sim settlement Collection By Someone

Download -> Import -> Start downloading Sim settlements + Expansions + Add-onPack -> Applying Load order -> Not appling the RuleSet -> Done

You endorse the collection and the single mods (or by endorsing the Collection you auto-endorse the files in the collection)

Other uses could be related to debug purposes, like when asking help and posting the load order.

This shouldn't hurt anyone feelings and also being relatively easy to do...

Edited by HalfLazy

Well it may or may not be setup currently to track specific downloads and tie them to specific accounts, but if it isn't, I don't see how adjusting it to do so would be difficult to do. (keep in mind also NMM was able to find the mod page of files imported that were on the nexus) It should be completely do-able, how much work exactly it would entail to make it happen, only Tannin would have a idea on.
From the User end it would just be a lot easier for nexus to remember what you downloaded and recall from the links in the profile archive.
As for manuel links, many cases with the manuels, even NMM was able to install, for those types of cases the user could always provide the url to the download link. Otherwise the import would simply just be listed and Vortex wouldn't try to download or do anything with a import entry other then show you it.

Does have multiple files that could/should be downloaded separately (Plus the optionals, the updates and the old versions).

Vortex would just download the files, you would still install/enable them yourself manually. Vortex wouldn't need to know the order of install.

Edited by masternetra

Hmm.. not to be rude but I don't want to discuss which idea is better, I was just suggesting an alternative route that -could- be easier / have more application.

Obviously is something that only the Staff of Nexus could really evaluate (Resources, effort needed, benefits, etc.) so even discuss which idea would hypotetically be better, without those data, it would be a pointless discussion.

Also there's the possibility that they didn't develop it at all or that a third party author develop it as extension by itself.

Edited by HalfLazy

Hmm.. not to be rude but I don't want to discuss which idea is better, I was just suggesting an alternative route that -could- be easier / have more application.

Obviously is something that only the Staff of Nexus could really evaluate (Resources, effort needed, benefits, etc.) so even discuss which idea would hypotetically be better, without those data, it would be a pointless discussion.

Also there's the possibility that they didn't develop it at all or that a third party author develop it as extension by itself.

Your version of the idea though, pretty sure could be done by a third party as plugin. Where is my idea would have to done/involve by/the staff as it involves storage on the Nexus site. I wasn't making any claims to who's idea is better, just that my version would be more easier for the User. Obviously it's up to Tannin if my version of the idea get's implemented, though your alternative could most certainly be done by a third party as a plugin.

Edited by masternetra

Some ideas that I think should be part of the basics;

---

* Dismiss All Notifcations - Should be part of the basics actually, with downloading and activation of mods the notifcations can really build up and dismissing one by one gets really annoying as many users can attest to I'm sure. The Dismiss All option of course should rest above all the notifications.

The problem with a "dismiss all" is that you may end up dismissing an important message which got lost between a lot of "noise". For example when you install 20 mods and mod #15 failed you

may only see the "mod installed successfully" messages of mod #1 - #14 and dismiss all.

We have been talking about a solution internally and I think the best solution is to group notifications, so if you install 20 mods and one fails you would get two notifications,

one saying "19 mods installed successfully" and one saying "one mod install failed". Then you could "open" the first notification to get the list of installed mods and enable them but

you'd also have a "dismiss" button for the entire group.

Plus we would not have the notification popup open when a notification is added to an existing group.

*Ability to disable notifications for Downloads/Imports and Mod Enable/Activations.

Makes sense, please send this in as a feedback report so it's easier for us to manage

*Enable / Disable All for Mods and Plugins.

You can do that. Select an entry in the list and press ctrl+a selects everything.

Then hit the enable/disable bottom at the bottom of the list.

* The ability to select multiple files on Import (and it of course just queue them).

Not sure what you mean here? You mean NMM/MO import? If it's a table you can select multiple entries by keeping ctrl pressed and click

multiple entries or press shift and click to select everything between clicked entries.

* Vortex storing the list of mods you were using on your Nexus Profile. - With also allowing you to re-download them (queue them all if you want, if they are located on the nexus site of course, those not linked to a mod on the nexus site would just be a simple entry, so you know what you had/have)/

Would make life a lot easier for those who have to reinstall everything, either from a reformat, getting a new computer/hard drive, or had got rid of everything because they move on and then came back, or whatever. Wouldn't think this would be a real strain on site resources or any thing as your not uploading the mods themselves to the profile or anything like that, just data entries. Could even set it up to where people could share their lists with others I suppose, don't care if that part is implemented or not though, copy and paste being what it is.

Profile sharing is already on our todo list which would allow you to store a set of mods for later re-retrieval, the specifics haven't been worked out yet though.

Profile sharing is already on our todo list which would allow you to store a set of mods for later re-retrieval, the specifics haven't been worked out yet though.

Oh, I am really glad to hear that =^.^= I think it would make things a lot easier on people to have such a feature.