Please do not offer to update NMM to Vortex on NMM.

Deleted17641124User

It is best you rescind your update on NMM immediately, that in and of itself is an extremely bad idea considering this is in an Alpha state and everyone knows 99 percent chance this "Update" is just going to break NMM and all the mods you have. Now as you said yourself you have 14 million users, and I say this in a completely friendly yet criticizing way, why in the hell in whatever rational mind did you think offering to upgrade NMM and very likely breaking the application would be a good idea to 14 million users? They could accidently hit the button without knowing and break their NMM, they could have their computer glitch out and have to use task manager and the up down enter keys to close something out and accidently hit enter on the accept button, their hand could slip, they could simply be ignorant, and most importantly, the explanation on the update doesn't say, "Hey this is probably going to break your mod list so only use if you have a few mods."

Also, they could simply upgrade it from Vortex itself by downloading it here and using the import feature. I am honestly just agaped at why on earth you guys offered to update NMM to a whole new application, where in your mind did you think this was a good idea both coding wise and compatibility wise?

Please rescind this before you break thousands if not 10s of thousands of mod setups and thousands of hours worth of effort by your users.

Also I'd like to thank you guys, I have over 2 thousand hours of gametime, over 1 thousand of setting up my mods, and now I have to remake my entire goddamn library from my backup because you guys offered this update and my enter key is on my numpad and I hit the damn thing. If this was a normal nexus update I'd have been fine but thanks to you guys I have to spent a good 20 hours if not longer creating another NMM using my backup on multiple games. I am going to be honest here when I say I am beyond goddamn pissed.

I would like to apologize for the anger, after backing up my game with 180 mods and seeing it work just fine I am calmed down. But I still stand by what I said, not everyone has a backup like I do and mine glitched out and disabled, deleted, and ruined my entire mod list. Luckily I had a backup for everything but it took me 3 hours to fix it all and luckily somehow nothing got broke in the process. I really hope this update is rescinded, I'd hate to see anyone lose all their mods they spent thousands of hours building from ignorance or not. If they want to download Vortex force them to download the application totally separate and do the safe and harmless import feature, offering to delete everything from scratch and remake it into an unstable alpha build at the click of the button just isn't exactly a safe option.

I'm really confused about what you're saying.

We do not offer any way of you upgrading from NMM to Vortex, from within NMM. We haven't changed any download links for NMM or anything of the sort.

The only way you can get Vortex is by going to the Vortex page, downloading it, and installing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm that's unusual, from within my own NMM I got an update saying it would upgrade NMM to Vortex and it would try to delete all my mods and reinstall them into the application, I was gonna hit cancel but had to leave and didnt realize I hit enter when I put my keyboard down, then it went on uninstalling literally all my mods and when I came back I freaked out and hit cancel and had to use my backup configuration. I remember reading it saying, "This update will uninstall and try to reinstall all your mods onto vortex." Though I cant recall off my head exactly what it said.

All I do know is that for the first time in around 4 years of using the application, it tried to uninstall all my mods due to an update and claimed to reinstall them and it did indeed uninstall half of them. But its all good I am just glad I was able to backup my files and didnt lose anything, I quite literally almost had a heart attack.

Ahh I see now, they rescinded the update already they must have done it and then realized that it was a bad idea and immediately rescinded it. I am absolutely sure it had tried to update my NMM into Vortex but the update isn't around anymore so nevermind! Im just glad they were so fast to rescinding it. Thanks admin babes hope i didnt sound like a dick!

Edited by Guest