Which of the Three current consoles do you perfer.

Acebopata

44 members have voted

1. 1. Whis do you perfer

• Nintendo Wii
    • Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • I like all of them the same
    • I don't like any of the systems
    • I've never used any of these systems.
  2. 2. Why did you chose your awnser

• System Duribility
    • Online multiplayer capability
    • Game Graphics
    • Game selection
    • Personal favorite
    • Only system I have
    • Other
    • I don't play any of these system
    • I don't like any of the systems

for me its the xbox which was simple choice, mainly because I had never used a console before, my friend brought his xbox out to my place and I like it. because I only had to put the game in drive and it work there and then

what made me buy was simple it was the cheaper one and I already knew some games for it, My xbox may be second hand but it still runs strong

would i change console?

depends on price for me so far the xbox360 is a lot cheaper then all others

Edited by lostone1993

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very tempted on pre ordering the wii u, this time they are more geared for hardcore gamers this time. unlike the wii was with its gimmicky controls..

I prefer gamecube and ps3 :D again as i pointed out that already :teehee:

I'm in agreement about the Wii U, although I'm not sure about pre-ording it just yet. Perhaps if it come outs between September and December, then perhaps, but if it come outs before august, I'll just wait a little while. The only complaint about the PS3 is that it failed me, and I'm not about to dish out two hundred dollars next month to get it replaced when I have some catching up to do with the Wii and GameCube collection.

Aside from that, this would be the first time I didn't buy Sony's newest console before the competition's.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to go with a mixture, they all have their own upsides and downsides, the PS3 i have, only has issues on certain (very buggy) games, so it's performance and durability for me has been top notch, and the game selection is quite good aswell, as a lot of the PS3 exclusive games have been at least enjoyable. And the free online play? That's the icing on the cake.

The Xbox 360 i have however, the games seem to be a little less buggy (i'm looking at you new vegas) and i've thankfully not had a red ring of death yet, though i came very close (a quick unplugging of the system fixed that right up somehow). Although the online play isn't free, from what i've heard (i'm no expert, i have no money for charged online play) the customer service aspect of Xbox Live is far above what playstation have (this may or may not be the case, as i have stated, i don't know first hand).

Finally the wii, when it comes down to playing FPS games, which i usually play on my PS3 and xbox, from my experience, they shouldn't even be released for the console as they don't suit the medium. However, the family games like bowling etc are perfectly suited to the console's control system, which is what the console was mostly designed for, and the fact i've not even heard any stories from my friends of having their Wii break or crash (though they may, i'm only saying i've heard no mention of such happenings). Also, the backwards compatibility with the gamecube is excellent, as opposed to the 360's painful system for such, and the PS3's lack of PS2 compatibility.

To summarise, although i'm not really very fond of the wii, i have to admit, all three have good points and bad, but all three are quite solid consoles, considering how many other potential problems there could have been and how they seem to aim towards different varieties of gamer.

I had 2 360s RROD on me, and I decided to not buy another one. I'm a little bitter about the system quality/durability when I got an Atari 2600/NES/SNES/Megadrive/PS1/PS2 that still work. I had to do some maintenance on my PS2, I put some white lithium grease on the plastic gears for the disk tray and clean the lens a couple times with some rubbing alcohol.

So I guess out of the 3 I prefer PS3, because its the only one I got of the current generation that still works. I don't own a Wii due to the vast majority of the games just not appealing to me.

Edited by Beriallord

and the PS3's lack of PS2 compatibility.

well thats only if you have the new Slims. if you have the original PS3 like i do, then you can play PS2 and PS1 games until your heart is content ;)

• 3 weeks later...

PS3 all the way. The buggy games, just get them on a computer if they are there (Bethesda's are nice on PCs anyway). I have a 360, and I HATE it. I don't care for the exclusives, which are what? Fable and Halo and Forza (I know there are others but they aren't very popular are they)? All are fun, but I don't care that much for Halo, and Fable's latest game is going a direction I don't like. Forza is easily replaced with a Playstation racing game. Oh and you have to pay for multiplayer. What crap is that! My first 360 broke within a year (disc drive laser went bad). 50$ to get it fixed is what they told me even though it should have still been under warranty. Then there is the customer service experience. Oh Microsoft, please hire people who actually know what they are talking about. (Heh,this is what I am talking about.)

I was a Playstation fan since the first one (we had both the first and second), we never had an Xbox, and it wasn't until about a year after the Xbox 360/PS3 came out that we got our 360.

The PS3 is supposed to be stronger, it has free multiplayer, its "Gold Membership" (Plus) sounds nice (free games, discounts and early demo access? Awww yeah!), can play BluRay, and looks nicer! (That's my opinion, but it should be a fact. Actually the newer Xbox design is nice.)

The Wii... Cheap. That's the good. Well and the Nintendo exclusives I guess, but I hated the Wii too. The WiiU looks very interesting though. Wii Too WiiU haha I rhymed!

Omg I just realized I say hate a lot. I am full of hate... :facepalm: I wanna PS3! I think I might get one tomorrow!

PS3. It had many flaws at launch, but now it's by far the best current-gen console for me. It's cheaper than the Xbox in Australia but a substantial margin(I got mine for a lot less than a comparable 360 model, new, $340 USD compare to $690 USD) but has comparable power to a top-spec '360, and has more on-board storage space(though substantialy less overall), makes a better media unit, and has much better exclusively. But more than anything, it feels better screwed together. There is a solidity to it, not a phsycial solidity, but in the few days I've had it, it's run much, much smoother, cooler and quiter, the parts don't rattle(Xbox's have a very rattley disk bay) and it just seems to run... easier. It gives me confidence that it won't blow up, wheras my Xbox experience was tainted by aweful reliability.

Kool-Forza as we know it will soon die as a franchise, to be replaced by a Microsoft made arcade racer aimed solely at casuals. Gran Turismo I think was one of the big shocks aboutn moving to PS, just how incredibly better than Forza it was. Forza is a good game, it's reliable and it does what it needs to, but GT5 blows the bolts out of it, and makes it feel destinctly inferior, especialy in terms of hardcoreness, Forza can't hold a candle to GT5 for shear car-ness. If you liked Forza, GT5 will blow your mind.

Edited by Vindekarr

Kool-Forza as we know it will soon die as a franchise, to be replaced by a Microsoft made arcade racer aimed solely at casuals. Gran Turismo I think was one of the big shocks aboutn moving to PS, just how incredibly better than Forza it was. Forza is a good game, it's reliable and it does what it needs to, but GT5 blows the bolts out of it, and makes it feel destinctly inferior, especialy in terms of hardcoreness, Forza can't hold a candle to GT5 for shear car-ness. If you liked Forza, GT5 will blow your mind.

I love racing games and I've heard a lot about GT5. Its reasons like this that I want a PS3. I actually didn't play Forza too much, I stuck with Grid and some Need for Speed game (dunno which one).

Forza and Forza three where not too bad, but Gran Trusimo has always had more cars, (I don't know how many Forza 4 has, though.) About the only advantage Forza 3 had over GT5 is that you could customize your cars with manufacture decal and such. And the online auction thing, if you had live.

Anout 360-400 in Forza 4, less in the various earlier installations. It was a great game, I'll miss it, but GT5 is a better game. Still, kinda sad they won't make another Forza(as the sim it was, it's going to be a crappy burnout-inspired game for casuals as of later this year), it was getting close to GT, they should have given it one more go...