What should i use?

EthanEverett

Should I use Nexus Mod Manager or Vortex? Which would be better or easier?

If you are at the point of asking that question - use NMM. It is mature and lots of folks can help you.

When you are comfortable with handling mods, come back to Vortex. It is the future.

The road to the future is a bit bumpy at times, and you don't need that just starting out.

@ OP ....

... everybody has his/her different opinion about which one to use. Matter of fact is, regardless of what others suggested, Vortex is easier and the only three things that you would have to do are :

- enable auto-sort in the Plugin Section

- Download / install / enable your mods and resolve your mod rules

- place all plugin.patches in the Dynamic Patching Group

.... after that, play your game and do not look back. It is that easy. You do not have to use LOOT unless you want to but be aware that LOOT is integrated into Vortex so if you enable auto-sort in Vortex, you should not use LOOT at all. I do not and my two games, Skyrim and Fallout4 are running like a charm.

Vortex is a mod manager for beginners, advanced and experienced users, so do not be afraid to give it a try and if you decide to go for, follow those steps I gave you and you will be fine.

If I was you, I would not import my mods from NMM. I would delete everything in NMM and restart fresh with Vortex so that way you will get familiar with it, but I do understand that if you do not want to loose your game progress, then go ahead and import it from NMM and I hope that you will be ok. Just my 2 cents. :cool:

@ OP ....

... everybody has his/her different opinion about which one to use. Matter of fact is, regardless of what others suggested, Vortex is easier and the only three things that you would have to do are :

.... after that, play your game and do not look back. It is that easy. You do not have to use LOOT unless you want to but be aware that LOOT is integrated into Vortex so if you enable auto-sort in Vortex, you should not use LOOT at all. I do not and my two games, Skyrim and Fallout4 are running like a charm.

Vortex is a mod manager for beginners, advanced and experienced users, so do not be afraid to give it a try and if you decide to go for, follow those steps I gave you and you will be fine.

If I was you, I would not import my mods from NMM. I would delete everything in NMM and restart fresh with Vortex so that way you will get familiar with it, but I do understand that if you do not want to loose your game progress, then go ahead and import it from NMM and I hope that you will be ok. Just my 2 cents. :cool:

I don't know if the policy is still in place or not, but last I knew, you're not supposed to post in the color that the Staff, and Moderators use.

@ OP ....

I don't know if the policy is still in place or not, but last I knew, you're not supposed to post in the color that the Staff, and Moderators use.

I have not intention to match what staff or moderator's font color uses at all .. did not know that and thank you for letting me know.