Vortex for Linux!

humpywolf

tomtheclone,

I am afraid I did not understand you. What and to what are you going to link? Are you talking about the Vortex requirement to be installed on the same disk as game? Have you managed to bypass this requirement on Windows?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for your willing to help but i think is good now

it was that stupid think about wine 32 bits in 64 bits system....

im a dumb i want just play not learn all linux stuffs

soo i reinstalled winetricks and then reinstalled vortex and now i dont get again that error.... dont ask me what i do cause i really dont know

now the vortex install tells me to wait because its switch download directory over 30 mins i wait and hope this will be good...idk yet

thanks

well afther more than 1h to wait i rebooted my system and try again but it seems to get stuck on directory choice

winetricks put me the 32prefix in /.wine just near drive c and /blacktreegaming/vortex is in .wine/drive_c/Program Files/Black Tree Gaming Ltd/vortex soo still in 64 maybe that's why it's stuck?

Edited by ovidius171

im a dumb i want just play not learn all linux stuffs

Linux does not work like that. It's designed for people who want to learn.

winetricks put me the 32prefix in /.wine just near drive c

Winetricks does that you tell him to do. I recommend you to create a 64bit prefix for Vortex. And, in fact, you don't need winetricks for creating prefixes. The main purpose of winetricks is installing libraries.

"Near drive c" - not clear what you mean. There is no drive c in Linux.

/blacktreegaming/vortex is in .wine/drive_c/Program Files/Black Tree Gaming Ltd/vortex

What is "/blacktreegaming/vortex"? Did you create such link to ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Black Tree Gaming Ltd/vortex? Why so, in the root fs "/"?

Edit:

64bit is not recommended but obligatory for Vortex:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8348018-offline-use-and-windows-xp/&do=findComment&comment=77010433

Edited by shumkar

i am busy enaugh to learm moded skyrim not much time for anything other

blacktreegaming must be linked to vortex because that comes in that way from install

my drive c is virtual of course maybe i created him with wine i dont remember

i ask myself why vortex dont do something simple like protton in steam.... to handle those 32 / 64bits in an easy way for all users

sure i am a dumb but remember that till the last vortex update i managed to have an operable vortex to handle my mods...

Edited by ovidius171

i dont !/

this is the message from vortex launch:

"Migration Necessary

the directory strucure for dawnlods was changed so we need to move them. please note! there will be no progres indication, please be patient"

i never seen such a message before

Edited by ovidius171

i dont !/

Backups are very helpful. It can be performed automatically on a regular basis, you'll need just to configure it one time.

this is the message from vortex launch:

"Migration Necessary

the directory strucure for dawnlods was changed so we need to move them. please note! there will be no progres indication, please be patient"

I download all mods manually, so I don't know this Vortex' feature and its pitfalls.

Edited by shumkar