Vortex for Linux!

humpywolf

I just moved to Linux, it's a shame I can't play Skyrim with my several hundred mod saves. Definitely waiting for Vortex on Linux.

Actually you can with SteamPlay. Though you won't be able to swap mods under Linux, whatever you've installed with NMM will work, even SKSE.

You just need to rename skse_loader.exe to SkyrimLauncher.exe.

Also, SSE doesn't work yet. So, there's that.

Actually SSE is working through Steam with Proton now. I even use quite a few mods. I just have to install them manually and guess at the load order.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah vortex on linux would be awesome.

@Enthusiast, thx man i will try out vortex with lutris!

Tannin and Dark0ne have already stated that they have no plans to port Vortex to Linux. You should have read through the thread. Vortex is open-source so by all means, get out your programming tools and make it happen.

I second QuiteUnfortunate's earlier comment (one page back); works great in Lutris. Just make sure you install on same physical partition as games.

https://lutris.net/games/vortex-mod-manager/

Also that youtube video QuiteUnfortunate shared is not completely accurate -- around the 3:30 mark he says that you have to manually download everything. that is not strictly true - you CAN get nxm links working (at least in firefox / firefox forks). See my comment on the lutris page for more detailed instructions.

also, if you install via the lutris script it will probably be a version or two behind. i recommend downloading the latest install from the github page, temporarily changing out your exe path to run the installer, then swapping back to the vortex exe. v1.0.3 is working great.

Edited by zpangwin

• 2 months later...

At the risk of starting something I didn't intend to, what is the best version Linux for this. I haven't played with Linux in years.

AULinux has built a version specifically for gaming called Ubuntu Gamepack. I can play far more games on it than I could on any other Linux distro that I've tried. It's built into Ubuntu and has everything you need to play games built in. It downloads with 16.0.4 but after installation it upgrades to 18.0.4 and will be upgraded further as they work on it. Here's a link: https://ualinux.com/en/ubuntu-gamepack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just use Linux Mint 19.3 (64 Bit) on Asrock A300 "without graphic card" with Ryzen 5 3400G + 3200MHz DDR4 RAM 32GB + M.2 NVMe. In League of Legends i have 140 FPS. Wine 5. Proton 4.21 and Lutris 0.5.4.

jajajaja Linux is slow -.-

i can no more suffer with windows. full of spy, telemetries and ressources what is not recommened for user, only for M$. > 1 GB RAM.

It is easily take a look in Linux and ask in IRC/Discord as like as make Windoze (spy free). i call it spy, because i do not know right words.

You get a lot of support in Spotchat and Freenode.

I had a long time no computer. Earlier i used Nexusmod for hmmm Skyrim, Fallout, Witcher... i do not know what games works for Linux. Diablo 3, Battlefield 4, Starcraft 2, Garrys Mod, Kotor 2, Spec Ops, XCom.... works fine.