Vortex broke my Skyrim ?

Nitroxone

Go to NMM into the Plugin tab and reactivate the mods there.

(Funny, that people are not even able to use their so fabulous old nexus mod manager but what they can do, is to complain. What is this world coming to?!)

I think you did not understand the problem : in the Nexus Mod Manager, all my mods are set as "activated". With the little green check on the left. But in the game they're not.

Guest deleted34304850

you DO understand how NMM works, right?

All you need to do is use NMM to re-enable your plugins, and you should be fine.

100% PEBCAK.

Go to NMM into the Plugin tab and reactivate the mods there.

(Funny, that people are not even able to use their so fabulous old nexus mod manager but what they can do, is to complain. What is this world coming to?!)

I think you did not understand the problem : in the Nexus Mod Manager, all my mods are set as "activated". With the little green check on the left. But in the game they're not.

In other words, you do not know how to use NMM either. On the upper part of NMM, there are two tabs. One says plugins, open that. and put a check mark on your mods.

The green check does not mean your mod in NMM is activated. It means it's installed. It can be installed and have the plugin in game unticked for a variety of modding reasons, like needing the mod resources active but the plugin disabled.

• 6 months later...

i have the same problem i just got vortex to just get it so i coul installl other mods cause it was forcing me to update nmm so i was like oh so i have to get vortex now , it brought up something that went away really fast , i had both open. cause my bf had both of his vortex , nmm open at the same time , his didnt break , now mine has 80% of mods are broken. which breaks my heart it took a long time to get everything together just for me getting vortex for it to just break everything :sad: i have no idea what to do other then update it , everything is , was installed perfectly :sad: , /the game still plays but just everything mostly went poof/ now its completly f***ed FOR LIKE 5 of my games now what shoul i do? just transfer everything over ?

Edited by Sirenmaid

i have the same problem i just got vortex to just get it so i coul installl other mods cause it was forcing me to update nmm so i was like oh so i have to get vortex now , it brought up something that went away really fast , i had both open. cause my bf had both of his vortex , nmm open at the same time , his didnt break , now mine has 80% of mods are broken. which breaks my heart it took a long time to get everything together just for me getting vortex for it to just break everything :sad: i have no idea what to do other then update it , everything is , was installed perfectly :sad: , now its completly f***ed FOR LIKE 5 of my games now what shoul i do? just transfer everything over ?

You can download NMM by clicking on the DOWNLOAD Vortex button and scrolling to the bottom of the page, and clicking on COMMUNITY RELEASE

NMM-Vortex.jpg

You shouldn't have Vortex and NMM working on the same game and open at the same time.

Your boyfriend is either lucky, or he had a different game in NMM and Vortex.

Also, don't Necro threads, start your own, it makes it difficult to sort through problems when everybody keeps hijacking the same threads with different problems.

im just trying to get help sorry this was the only way i knew how to by looking up problem simmilar to mine to see if i wasnt the only one i have no clue what necroing threads mean / where do i find what you sent me its only a picture. shoul i uninstall vortex then ? will i still be able to download mods

Edited by Sirenmaid

Hi Sirenmaid,

What HadToRegister means is that it is better to open your own thread, rather than "revive" a thread that is several months old (that's what "necroing" is).

When you do, however, notice that we need as much information as possible in order to help. Please follow the steps outlined here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/

Changing over to Vortex is not mandatory. You could have stayed with NMM and simply update to the community maintained version: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/4/?tab=files

What we don't want is users who have a stable setup to haphazardly move over to Vortex only to run into issues that are down to how NMM handles installations, which makes a smooth migration of hundreds of mods very difficult and unlikely to work out without any issues.

Vortex is a great fit if you are starting over anyway (for instance, on a new computer) or if your setup is crashing a lot / not working out for you and you want to try something new.