Mods installed but not launching

Rixih

I'll try and keep this short as I've already spent a fer hours trying to fix my issue.
I've goodled and gone through the forums but every solution I've found has not been my problem or solution for that matter. lol
I have installed Vortex and mods on my PC and they have worked fine, all the mods load with no problems.
On both my laptop and PC they are installed on the same drive as my fallout install.
I spent today downloading all those mods for my laptop through the same process.
The launcher says 80 active mods, the same exact mods with the same dependencies.
However, when I launch Fallout or F4se I launch the save I was playing on and I am greeted with "This save relies on content that is no longer present" and it proceeds to list all of my mods esm/esp etc. files.
(I understand an update today broke F4se but that's not my main issue and I've already tried downgrading to the last update for fallout)
I've tried moving around the download and staging folder, I've tried verifying the fallout files, I've tried manually deploying them with vortex before and after I've launched the game.
Perhaps a file or ini is missing or the mods are somehow installed in the wrong location?
Any suggestion is greatly appreciated cause I'm exhausted and at a loss here and am probably making some rookie mistake that I'm missing.

Currently it's located in
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Vortex
Before it was located just in D:\Vortex
And D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Vortex

Is there a specific location they're supposed to be stored?

There was no Fallout4Custom.ini before but I ended up making one with

[Display]
iLocation X=0
iLocation y=0

[Archive]
binvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

saved on it per another suggestion I read

Currently it's located in

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Vortex

Before it was located just in D:\Vortex

And D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Vortex

Is there a specific location they're supposed to be stored?

There was no Fallout4Custom.ini before but I ended up making one with

[Display]

iLocation X=0

iLocation y=0

[Archive]

binvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

saved on it per another suggestion I read

Yea, don't put your Mod Staging Folder, AND your Mod Download folder INSIDE the Game DATA folder.

Don't put ANY path from Vortex in your Game Data folder

No wonder people are having so many problems.

Not sure why people think this is the right thing to do.

Watching the Tutorials would've prevented that.

I mean I did state in my post that that wasn't what I did initially and it was just located on my D: drive as that's what I had already done on my PC and after watching tutorials myself.
My download folder is not in there only my staging folder as that's what Augusta asked me.
It wasn't working so I moved it in there per a youtube suggestion in desperation

Move your mod staging folder out of your Fallout 4 game data folder and relocate it somewhere else on the same drive partition as the game. Remember to tell Vortex where you are putting it. Hopefully now, together with the Fallout4Custom.ini., your game will work. Let us know what happens.

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem. Some mods work, some are not loaded properly.

The staging folder is outside the game folder.

edit:

i just deactivated alll mods i wanted to use and singlehandidly deployed /enabled them again. Now even the UOF4 Patch shows up in the list....

edit2:

ok some work now (UOF4P) - had to activate under plugins additionaly

Edited by HomerDOHSimpson

Guest deleted34304850

open a new post with your issue, which is absolutely nothing to do with the post you've added yours to - dont necro old posts you won't get a lot of help if you do that.