Request: add custom sorting rules assets to mods without conflicts

Sacremas

No, I didn't know you could do that. I tried dragging just now but nothing is happening and I can't drag, is there some setting I have to activate first?

Was going to mention that the Manage Rules page is there yes, it just doesn't allow me to insert new rules like I can on the ESP page for mods with no apparent conflicts, just manage the already existing conflicts, but perhaps this would be such a workaround.

You should be able to pick any mod in the "Manage Rules" window, and set your load before or load after from that

Click Manage Rules

On the bottom Left drop down select Plugin

On the Bottom right Drop Down, select the other plugin

Now in the middle drop-down select "Must Load After" (read from Left to Right so Mod A (left drop-down) must load after Mod B (right drop-down) then hit ADD, and the new rule is made

If you discover that you've got the mods in the wrong order just hit the button with the two opposite facing arrows, and it will swap the Left Mod with the Right Mod, then you can pick "Must load after" and hit ADD

Also, be mindful that if the mod already has a built in sorting rule you may end up with a Cyclic Reference.

If you absolutely must have a mod load after another mod the easiest way is to use GROUPS.

Just put the mod you need to load after another in a group like "Late Loader" or Dynamic Patches" etc..

On the bottom left I have nothing at all, on the right I have cancel and save, while I do have exactly that on the bottom left on the Plugins tab (the one with the ESP and ESMs that is), I want it for the Mods tab.

I am using Vortex 0.17.1.

I used the groups option to solve an issue with AFT where it didn't work, set the plugin to load after Live Another Life and it worked fine, but again I can't load the ASSETS like that, since specifically there ARE no groups for Assets, only Plugins.

So the "manage rules" window on the MODS tab in 0.17.x doesn't look like this?

Vortex-Manage-Rules.jpg

It does not, that is the exact image I have in the Plugins tab however, I want it or a similar one on the other one, I want to manage assets (meshes, textures, etc) load order, not the plugins (ESP, ESM, ESL) load order, I could always do that.