78 4e Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
79 4f Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp
80 50 Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
81 51 Wildcat - Realistic Damage Plugin.esp
82 52 UltimateCombat.esp
83 53 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
84 54 Alternate Start -- New Beginnings.esp
85 55 Luminosity Lighting Overhaul.esp
I have no idea what the issue could be, I've removed certain mods and added some to no avail. I've started a new character about 3 times now and it will happen at any given time, in/out of combat and during the wait menu. It's doing this frequently too, about every 5 - 10 mins of gameplay and it didn't start doing this until I was about 5 hours in on my previous save, now its's going rampant and I have no clue what to do. i have tried using a save cleaner and it finds no unattached scripts so idk. All help is appreciated, thanks.

could be hardware related

whats your system specs ?

and can you load performance monitor/Resource Monitor, and run it, to see what type of resources are being used, especially before the freeze happens

Resource Monitor: Type in Resmon in your search, on the start button, then press enter, this will load Resource Monitor, which you can use to view how much resources are being used whilst in game, you will need to alt + tab to view it though

Note: Resource Monitor can also be found in Administrative tools. (Control Panel)

or alternatively, a much better method, is to use MSI Afterburner (Rivertuner) As this will show you your, Memory Usage, CPU Usage, and GPU Memory Usage, as well as Temperatures for all of these (IN Game - Basically as an Overlay), if set up.

if you dont have MSI Afterburner, let me know and i will walk you through setting it up. (it is a very handy tool to have regardless)

• 2 weeks later...

I might have been having a similar issue. It might be one or both issues causing it. One you have a older pc and you have never reapplied the paste between cpu and heatsink. I have read you need to change that every 5 years or so. I got like a 15+ drop in temps after I did that on my system of 10 years.

Other issue is you need to dust the air vents because the system is over heating

2nd is, video card is getting a voltage drop, or not properly seated in its pcix slot.

My issue was probably the above two, but the one that was the main issue was the voltage. So I took the vid card out, dusted the slot, stuck the card back in, and rotated the power cables to the video card. So I had a 8 pin and 6 pin, and when I put them back in, I made the old 8 power to a 6, and the 6 to a 8 and plugged them back in. Since I did that, I stopped having the issue.

So pending your power supply and wattage, try using diff pcix cables to the vid card or perhaps your power supply fan went out and its overheating causing a drop in power delivery.

Spring

• 4 years later...

Hi

I've encountered the same thing and so far, i've narrowed it to a mesh problem. At first, I thought it was because of parallax meshes and/or textures because I froze in Whiterun at the exact same place and as Amren and Saffir started to engage in a conversation. I also suspeted an audio issue because I froze at the begining of the conversation..... but no! It was Saffir head mesh, and more precisely, her mouth! I swapped the defaut mouth in the mesh with another mouth to be sure and bang! no more freeze at the aforementionned place, only the grey face bug (which is normal since the mesh did not correspond to it's description in the plugin)

Since I used this head with no issue in the past, it must be because I now use mods like expressionnal face for instance, or a different mouth texture than I used to. The result is: the mix no longer works!

Took me months to narrow it to a mouth mesh (I must have others though, I will look into it). I used a Skyrim LE mod (NL4U NPC) for some NPCs (Saffir) which I ported myself to SE, seems I did someting wrong....

There might be other reason for freezes, but I hope this might help