[Suggestion] Option to automatically enable mods on install

SilentNightxxx

What you can do is on the mod page, select all mods you want to install (the would show as "Never Installed") and then click "Enable" in the white bar at the bottom of the mod list.

This will install and enable all selected mods in one click.

I know, I still think the extra clicking is unnecessary. Here's how mods are currently installed:

1. Download from Nexus.

2. Click install on Downloads tab in Vortex.

3. If you are lucky click the enable mod popups. Otherwise click mods tab, sort by disabled to find mods that need installed, then enable them.

4. If a mod contains multiple plugins click the activate all popup.

How easy installing mods could be with the features I suggested:

1. Download from Nexus.

2. Click install on Downloads tab in Vortex.

It cuts out two steps. Additionally you could even cut out a third step by adding a button that puts Vortex into a sort of auto install mode where when mods are downloaded from the Nexus they are automatically installed. This would make mod installation a one click process for people that want to use the features I suggest.

Maybe this seems like nitpicking but I just want Vortex to be the best it can be. :smile:

I kind of agree with you as far as that feature is optional but I do admit that I do not feel Vortex is slowing me down as it is now even though I need to take 2-3 steps to enable a mod.

If that feature is introduced, it will be nice to have it but I do prefer more control on what I am installing in my game. Nevertheless, I belong to the group of players that read the mod description 2-3 times, logs and posts before making my decision to download that mod. It has to be something I do really like and especially, something I do really need in my game and the mod must be well endorsed, free of bugs before I give it a shot.

Coming from that standpoint, having the automated feature that you are suggesting will help a bit to automate the process of installment. I would suggest to propose that in Github I guess and perhaps Tannin add it to the program.

And as 1aeo0bfb8 did, I also removed the freaking AWKCR and other mods from my game due to the same issue. Happy since then and no problems anymore.