I'm practicing an old Hindu trick I was taught. Thinking can ruin a person's life if they don't learn what is making them think so hard?

Is it your stomach?

Is it your feet?

Is it the hair tingling on your neck because you sense someone is staring at the back of your neck through night sight binoculars?

Is it your addiction to some food you thought would be always there because your Mom cooked it for you cheap and now it's not cheap anymore?

Maybe you like some sort of drink? Man your mind is thinking with that on it so much so you probably would probably would faint if it suddenly materialized in your hand while you sat there thinking about it in someone's store far, far, away?

Wouldn't that be great?! To just think about it and a mug appears in your hand a moment later.

Wow! Telekinesis. If you could do that. Then most likely someone would think of a way so you paid for it with their telekinesis too.

Oh! What a tug of war! We all want, want, want, and none of us thinks anyone else needs, needs, needs it more than we do. So the world telekinesis delivery service is jammed up going topsy turvy and no one gets anything unless they can afford to travel on foot or by vehicle, and go to the store and get it from there one way or another.

So much wasted thinking!

So many people all thinking at the same time!

And I just ate and drank the stuff I got tired of thinking about and went and bought them. Now I can sit here cleaning my wallet, putting some leather polish on it, and making sure the money chamber is clean and secure for the next time I load it with some money to give to the person working the machine at the store.

No more loud noises. The turkey was dead, cooked, and sliced and placed in between two slices of bread baked for the occasion.

Ah that turkey didn't even know I was hunting for it and it was done for before I ever got the idea to go hunting for another turkey sandwich.

I WIN!

easy as pizza (pie)

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think creativity has changed.

Watching my son navigate in 3d spaces is out of this world.

And they leave us in the dirt when it comes to affinity for computers and willingness to learn, but only if it somehow benefits them to do so.

The kids are alright. I'm more concerned about our unwillingness to learn pretty much anything.

So kids, don't listen to your dad, he's full of s*** most likely.

I think creativity has changed.

Watching my son navigate in 3d spaces is out of this world.

And they leave us in the dirt when it comes to affinity for computers and willingness to learn, but only if it somehow benefits them to do so.

The kid are alright. I'm more concerned about our unwillingness to learn pretty much anything.

So kids, don't listen to your dad, he's full of s*** most likely.

Or parents don't bother being involved in what the children are learning at their most impressionistic stage while they care and admire us.

That is when the parents lose out because they could have learned with their child and shared the world's growing methods of learning along with them. And shared other times as a team member. If Dad had only been interested in my design as I tried on his shoes when they were 3 times too large! Maybe we could have been pals, instead of distant minds bringing in the piles of wisdom we will never use, i.e., unless we get paid to. While others have forsaken Mammon in search of something on a more spiritual level.

I call it "generation Reddit". Today everything need to be hyped. Also, there is no discussion: you just press the downvote button, and the comment will be removed from your sight.

However, the time you spend hyping non-existent, "future" stuff is time that could be used to build actual stuff. In the end, you have a general lack of content, as parties fight for hype, for their 15 minutes of fame in YouTube.

This behaviour started with smartphones, whose interfaces reminds me of Idiocracy, and leads to laziness.

The dumbing-down of games for PC, which originally had consoles as the culprit, have been accelerated by smartphone "culture".

Now its not only affecting story and gameplay, but also graphics. Many new games for PC uses smartphone-quality graphics, turning them to be worse than games from ten years ago. And I'm only talking about the graphics here.

Paintings which before were used as sketches, now are being used for the final product. You have games being made of sketch art. Its a downgrade on visuals, more adequate for a generation which wont tolerate dissidence. If you cant have discussion, then you cant have criticism, and without criticism, products dont need to get better, thus leading to stagnation and downgrades.

The best example of what I'm talking about can be seen when you compare Civilization V with Civilization VI. Civ VI have smartphone-quality graphics, actually worse than Civ IV.

Edited by Wolfstorm

I checked out Reddit and you've nailed that. It gets right down to the adverts' people are plugging for new products; including OS's for computers that will replace the one we all know and (... phszzt ...) too. Useless waste of their time and ours.

I have always considered Reddit as the Mos Isley of the internet. :)

I have always considered Reddit as the Mos Isley of the internet. :smile:

That's why I felt so like, saying in my mind, to a lawman, who was about, and looking around at all the neighbors next door in our little big washed up smelter town (smelters been torn down, but they are still here) these are the butt heads you're looking for.

I guess it's time to head out to my starship, go to the capital to compete with the young for tasks, and start doing tasks for the Kindergarten Politicians that are about as much fun as the Kindergarten Cop, Arnold played. Head out to the planet, you've probably heard of it. Planet HellinaHandBasket.