Mods not working at all with vortex (for fallout 3 GOTY)

votsisjr

@votsisjr

@Augusta Calidia I never said the game dident launch (i prolly dident specificy). But the game itself launches fine and works as it should. Just the mods dont work because Archive invalidation does not work.

My mistake. However, listen to what HadToRegister and rmm200 say. They are giving you good advice.

@HadToRegister No they are not getting installed because when i try to install a mod that requires archive invalidation then Vortex manager notices that i do not have archive invalidation and then it asks if i am sure if i want to install the mod then i awnser "yes" to the pop-up which asks something like "{ archive invalidation is does not appear to be active do you wish to cancel so you can enable it now?) i also tried multiple times to continue as if it where active but this does also not work.

@HadToRegister No they are not getting installed because when i try to install a mod that requires archive invalidation then Vortex manager notices that i do not have archive invalidation and then it asks if i am sure if i want to install the mod then i awnser "yes" to the pop-up which asks something like "{ archive invalidation is does not appear to be active do you wish to cancel so you can enable it now?) i also tried multiple times to continue as if it where active but this does also not work.

Thanks for clearing that up.

To find which version of Vortex you are using, click on the three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of Vortex, to the right of your Avatar, and pick "ABOUT"

There you can see what the Version is.

-ALSO-

(Caps for EMPHASIS)

Click on EXTENSIONS check to see if "GAMEBRYO ARCHIVE INVALIDATION" is ENABLED

@HadToRegister @Augusta Calidia @rmm200

Thank you all kindly for replying and trying to help locate the issue. Actually i had posted this post twice because i was uncertain where 2 place it. But my issue has been located and has been resolved because of @Purr4me.

The finer details: a níche conclusion was found and resolved thus making the game moddable.

@augusta Calidia thank you for adding this.

Also i believe my issue was even more complicated then is totally told here if 1 manually alters any files they may be back-upped and replace when making a "clean" install meaning that the install is actually corrupted even though it should not be.

There was no way for me to figure out this was an issue only @Purr4me had the true indepth sight to perceive the true error.

It would be great if there was a Vortex "reset" button that would hard-reset all pathfinding and create new ones (this would ofcourse require the mods to be reinstalled anyway but that way it would gaurantee that the pathfinding is fresh) although this would not help if pathfinding is corrupted to due user-generated or ANY form of archive invalidation which causes pathfinding to be incorrect due to wrong texts.

But anyway i am able to play modded Fallout 3 in 2019 and its actually hilarious there even was 1 "obscure" mod that frightended me so hard that i quickly decided to go for something else and it worked in a flash :)